Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Dark Grim Mariupolis Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 27 July 21 at 17:50
    Please use this thread to discuss the Dark Grim Mariupolis walkthrough.
  • KaitehKaiteh497,462
    Posted on 07 August 21 at 23:00
    Walkthrough has been submitted for review.
    The only good parties are Xbox ones. - ItsLC Gaming
  • Information
  • JeroenRosJeroenRos1,254,284
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 12:30
    First off all, thanks for writing this walkthrough!

I just noticed a small error in your walkthrough and I would like to point it out.

Right after unlocking the 'Ooo... Orange?'-achievement you write this:

Click the door on the left and go back into the original room. Then click (...)
    However, this door is on the right toast
    This is my signature
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 13:32
    Also, I think that you should add a warning before this achievement:

Dark Grim MariupolisLudditeThe Luddite achievement in Dark Grim Mariupolis worth 267 pointsIntimidate your PC with a hammer

You write:

Entire the house and use the hammer on the piggy bank by the door to get a coin. Next, use the hammer on the computer.
    You should use the hammer on the computer first, as using it on the piggy bank first removes it from your inventory, making this missable achievement unlockable during that gameplay.
    This is my signature
  • omgeezusomgeezus1,746,091
    Posted on 23 August 21 at 00:03
    Dark Grim MariupolisPiano TunerThe Piano Tuner achievement in Dark Grim Mariupolis worth 267 pointsTune the piano

Several steps are missing for this achievement from the walkthrough...There is no information on talking to Scrubman to get the quest to get the book, taking the book to trade Scrubman for his crown, then taking the crown to the Pentatonic guitarist for the tuning fork.
  • Shh I am BatmanShh I am Batman1,418,872
    Posted on 28 August 21 at 04:48
    This walkthrough is a bit of a mess. We might pull this as needs improvement.
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
  • KaitehKaiteh497,462
    Posted on 31 August 21 at 00:12
    JeroenRos said:
    Also, I think that you should add a warning before this achievement:

Dark Grim MariupolisLudditeThe Luddite achievement in Dark Grim Mariupolis worth 267 pointsIntimidate your PC with a hammer

You write:

Entire the house and use the hammer on the piggy bank by the door to get a coin. Next, use the hammer on the computer.
    You should use the hammer on the computer first, as using it on the piggy bank first removes it from your inventory, making this missable achievement unlockable during that gameplay.
    Thanks for your suggestion. The walkthrough interface doesn't have a button to do the warning text, so I wasn't sure how to incorporate it in. I figured it out and added a message before that section of the walkthrough.
  • KaitehKaiteh497,462
    Posted on 31 August 21 at 11:50
    omgeezus said:
    Dark Grim MariupolisPiano TunerThe Piano Tuner achievement in Dark Grim Mariupolis worth 267 pointsTune the piano

Several steps are missing for this achievement from the walkthrough...There is no information on talking to Scrubman to get the quest to get the book, taking the book to trade Scrubman for his crown, then taking the crown to the Pentatonic guitarist for the tuning fork.
    I will look back at this, this week and figure out where the steps are missing. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Posted on 31 August 21 at 18:29
    Kaiteh said:
    The walkthrough interface doesn't have a button to do the warning text, so I wasn't sure how to incorporate it in.
    It does, and I have used it extensively in one of my own WT's:

Tcheco in the Castle of Lucio Walkthrough

Simply put something in between [ warningmessage ] and [ /warningmessage ] to get it covered in a nice big red box! :)
    This is my signature
  • KaitehKaiteh497,462
    Posted on 31 August 21 at 22:09
    JeroenRos said:
    It does, and I have used it extensively in one of my own WT's:

Tcheco in the Castle of Lucio Walkthrough

Simply put something in between [ warningmessage ] and [ /warningmessage ] to get it covered in a nice big red box! :)
    Oh, I just meant a button to press that brings up the code to use, like the bold or italicize button.
  • Posted on 12 October 21 at 23:09, Edited on 12 October 21 at 23:13 by Bully of Smeg
    Horrifically hard to follow this walkthrough with steps missing, an explanation that means you MISS a missable achievement and generally hard to follow.

How do you get the tuning fork? The WT doesn’t mention it until you have to use it and yet it doesn’t tell you how to get it? Wtf?

I’d advise you to look at this walkthrough to see what the next achievement to go for is and then click on that achievement individually for a much better explanation.
    Better dead than smeg!
  • Posted on 13 October 21 at 14:11
    Bully of Smeg said:
    Horrifically hard to follow this walkthrough with steps missing, an explanation that means you MISS a missable achievement and generally hard to follow.

How do you get the tuning fork? The WT doesn’t mention it until you have to use it and yet it doesn’t tell you how to get it? Wtf?

I’d advise you to look at this walkthrough to see what the next achievement to go for is and then click on that achievement individually for a much better explanation.
    I ran through this game myself a month or so ago and made a few notes for improvement. I know the owner is quite busy irl at the moment, so have just made and published the changes I believe were required.
  • JayourJayour1,111,889
    Posted on 29 October 21 at 12:46
    Haven't used the walkthrough itself but I just noticed that at the bottom of the walkthrough it has a link to 'Title Update 2' for the next page, clicking that takes you to TA's home page though. I'm assuming at some point it was planned to have the base game and title updates on separate pages and this page button at the bottom was never 'fixed'.
  • Posted on 30 October 21 at 08:39
    Jayour said:
    Haven't used the walkthrough itself but I just noticed that at the bottom of the walkthrough it has a link to 'Title Update 2' for the next page, clicking that takes you to TA's home page though. I'm assuming at some point it was planned to have the base game and title updates on separate pages and this page button at the bottom was never 'fixed'.
    I’m afraid this is a known bug and affects a number of walkthroughs. The devs are aware though toast
    TA Walkthrough Assistant Manager, TA Moderator and co-organiser of the TA Playlist.
  • JayourJayour1,111,889
    Posted on 30 October 21 at 10:24
    Ah, I see! Thanks for the reply.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.