Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass loses Final Fantasy VII, Darksiders Genesis, and more soon

• NimmiPlaysNimmiPlays13,100
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 15:59
    It's a shame that FF7 is leaving! I recently started this game to 100% it and relive my childhood yet again. It's lucky it's on sale for €8.00....that's a steal!
  • SysRestartSysRestart421,193
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 16:02
    I really hope the the FF7 remake will make it to the Xbox. Not sure if it's a true exclusive to the Pkaystation or a timed exclusive.
  • Posted on 02 August 21 at 16:09
    I love train sim on pc but the completion damn the price for it is crazy
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto1,919,329
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 16:27
    If you are on the fence about FF7 let me push you over it. The game allows cheats, including 3x game speed, it can be beaten in 25 hrs easily, the WT is very well written and if you are a child of the 80s you may have even played it back on PlayStation... without cheats. The other 2 cheats are fully healed every round and no random fights. You are almost invincible, going at 3x speed and can avoid 10,000 fights to reach the final boss.

Go beat it already and throw a thumbs up to that WT
    See you in Valhalla
  • prowlerdanteprowlerdante1,218,954
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 16:44
    For anyone thinking Final Fantasy VII is being removed to make room for the Remake, I have bad news for you. It's getting removed because it's been on Gamepass for 12 months, just like Final Fantasy IX before it. Means that VIII is going to be the next to leave.
  • BAMMphilBAMMphil866,014
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 16:48
    Shame always hoped for Ape Out being fixed, so I could start it, but it is what it is.
  • ijiekmotorsijiekmotors161,110
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 17:16
    On my Xbox App, it says they're leaving August 16th.
  • Posted on 02 August 21 at 18:06
    ah bugger ff7 was one of my bean dives...speed run time :( had to do the same with ff9 and bloodstained. Really poor timing on my part repeatedly XD
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 August 21 at 19:17
    Nothing for me to worry about
    Creating ‘dawn–inspired by gaming’
  • SoulyDconteSoulyDconte360,945
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 20:24
    Hopefully, FF will be replaced with the remake soon. Darksiders is great also
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me?
  • SplinT3rSplinT3r63,937
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 20:28
    So, can we expect FF XIII trilogy coming soon?
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink1,923,638
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 20:43
    Maxumilli0n said:
    benveg said:
    How long is Don't starve legit? Fun?
    200plus hrs
    I wouldn’t say all that. I have less than 50 and I did it legit. However Wes I got quickly and I did 10 plus hours of work research and watching tips and play through a and speed runs. NOT easy but so rewarding
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,824
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 21:55, Edited on 02 August 21 at 21:57 by TymanTheLong
    Well I’ve been looking at Darksiders Genesis in my partially played games list for some time now thinking “you know soon this’ll be off Gamepass, you should finish it” but noooooo, I waited and now I have to rush the rest. It’s not as good as some of the other games in the series but it’s still alright.

I popped one achievement in FFVII and I do believe folks that say you can do it fast with the boosts but I think you’re all underestimating just how much of that is down to knowing what to do. Otherwise it’s easy to get lost and have to refer to guides (which are epic tomes all by themselves).

Besides FFX is the only good one 😝
  • KuniichaKuniicha408,647
    Posted on 02 August 21 at 23:34
    SysRestart said:
    I really hope the the FF7 remake will make it to the Xbox. Not sure if it's a true exclusive to the Pkaystation or a timed exclusive.
    iirc, FF7R is a timed exclusive that Sony paid a year for but with the upgrade version SE did for the PS5 etc, Sony paid for another half a year. I think at most we'll probably see a Windows version but I'm not sure on Xbox itself.
  • Posted on 03 August 21 at 00:58
    I wise they would give us 4 weeks notice and not 2.. I need more time cry
    Posted on 03 August 21 at 01:10
    Phantom Deth said:
    I wise they would give us 4 weeks notice and not 2.. I need more time cry
    People have been asking for this since the advent of Gamepass, the best guess as to why they refuse has been that perhaps the smaller two week warning window drives up purchases of those games.
  • KyleiaKyleia375,666
    Posted on 03 August 21 at 01:38
    Definitely focusing on finishing Darksiders this weekend then
  • Chronic KillerChronic Killer2,691,722
    Posted on 03 August 21 at 01:43
    Ape out achievements are completely broken last I tried and theres no way for me to delete the save file
  • Arashi SoraArashi Sora303,197
    Posted on 03 August 21 at 01:58
    Game Pass is such a scam. I'm so disappointed that so many millions of gamers fell for it. I hope people are just getting it for free using Microsoft Reward points because I feel sorry for anyone who spent actual money on this scam.
    Posted on 03 August 21 at 02:42
    Arashi Sora said:
    Game Pass is such a scam. I'm so disappointed that so many millions of gamers fell for it. I hope people are just getting it for free using Microsoft Reward points because I feel sorry for anyone who spent actual money on this scam.
    You’ve got to be kidding, Gamepass has saved me $100s and helped me find games like Subnautica and Monster Train that I literally would have never tried out otherwise.

I can see why Gamepass might not be right for everyone and it’s totally fine if it’s not right for you, but Gamepass has been an epic success for myself and so many gamers I know.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.