Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sega drops new Sonic Colours: Ultimate trailer shedding light on the Wisps

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs316,287
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 09:01
    Sega has released a new trailer for everyone’s favourite blue hedgehog in Sonic Colours: Ultimate, this time focusing on the colourful Wisps that we will find on our journey and how they can help us beat the evil Dr. Eggman.

Please click here to read the full story: Sega drops new Sonic Colours: Ultimate trailer shedding light on the Wisps
  • segagamersegagamer550,355 550,355 GamerScore
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 10:07, Edited on 09 August 21 at 10:10 by segagamer
    I never played Sonic Colours, but from the trailer I'm not understanding why this one was rated so highly. Each and every one of those 'powerups' look like momentum-breaking manoeuvres, particularly because you have this whole 2-3 second animation for each and every transformation. Most of those moves, like the stomp, ring trail magnet and things like that used to be simple button presses that happened instantly, or they were TV boxes or something. Now it's like Dragon Ball Z transformations every time...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's coming and no longer stuck on the Wii, but it does look to be missing the mark just like the rest of the Sonic games have been for a long time.
  • KJer25KJer25807,471
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 10:42
    Day 1 for me. Sonic and SEGA games in general are always so underrated. Happy to finally play this on the 7th!
    Separation from base 1000 and Dlc lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • Posted on 09 August 21 at 11:27, Edited on 09 August 21 at 11:29 by LightningSoule
    segagamer said:
    I never played Sonic Colours, but from the trailer I'm not understanding why this one was rated so highly. Each and every one of those 'powerups' look like momentum-breaking manoeuvres, particularly because you have this whole 2-3 second animation for each and every transformation. Most of those moves, like the stomp, ring trail magnet and things like that used to be simple button presses that happened instantly, or they were TV boxes or something. Now it's like Dragon Ball Z transformations every time...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's coming and no longer stuck on the Wii, but it does look to be missing the mark just like the rest of the Sonic games have been for a long time.
    I totally agree. As I heard of Sonic Colours coming to Xbox, I was happy. Now that I took a deeper look on the gameplay and all I'm really disappointed. Where does the good rates come from? When you get fast in the trailer it seems to get too fast and I can't see quiet well what comes in front of me. The speed in sonic adventure 2 is the best of feeling fast but not too fast to become confusing in my opinion... Hm, for me, it won't be day 1. Maybe I won't buy It at all because of the wisp system that really looks out of place for a sonic game..
  • tpb fantpb fan381,344
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 13:23
    glad to see this is no longer trapped on the wii
  • LIFTY187umLIFTY187um405,906
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 22:29
    lame.. please make sonic mania 2
    gamer score is now pointless thanks to dumb indie games.......
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.