The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: August 10th, 2021

• Posted on 10 August 21 at 12:21, Edited on 10 August 21 at 12:23 by Elite1111111111
    vegansound said:
    I really don't understand TA anymore.
    Mmm, yes, complaining about the sales posts is certainly new and exciting territory for you.

And in add, what shows it really is nonsense, why Borderlands 3's season passes are indeed in the 'Xbox One DLC' section, and not other discounted season passes?
    I'm guessing it's a bug, either on TA's end or with whatever metadata is on Microsoft's end.

If you check the Borderlands 3 Season Pass on-site, for example, it lists all the DLC as "Included In" instead of "Includes". So, it's presumably not getting picked up as a bundle, because as far as that page is concerned it's just a single item.
  • Posted on 10 August 21 at 12:29
    vegansound said:
    I really don't understand TA anymore. Why putting season passes in the 'Bundles' section?? Yes, okay, a bundle is several contents in one pack. But bundles should be considered as 'game + DLC(s)', not just 'DLCs'. And season passes should go to the 'Xbox One DLC' section. Or create a 'Xbox One DLC bundles' section.

And in add, what shows it really is nonsense, why Borderlands 3's season passes are indeed in the 'Xbox One DLC' section, and not other discounted season passes? TA should really change all that because it's totally a mess. We have season passes in every section.

And also, please modify the content names in the 'Bundles' section, because who knows what game it's when we see 'Deluxe Kit'? We have to click on the link to discover it. And in the 'Xbox One DLC' section, the games' names are well shown.

TA's logical mind................ facepalm
    And why aren't games in the DLC section listed in alphabetical order with whatever DLC is on sale for it instead of this giant clusterfuck of a list that for some reason is kind of in alphabetical order except for when the name of the DLC is determining where it goes not the name of the game?
  • Posted on 10 August 21 at 12:33, Edited on 10 August 21 at 12:33 by Elite1111111111
    The Allslayer said:
    And why aren't games in the DLC section listed in alphabetical order with whatever DLC is on sale for it instead of this giant clusterfuck of a list that for some reason is kind of in alphabetical order except for when the name of the DLC is determining where it goes not the name of the game?
    With just the few I checked, it seems to use the DLC name if it's not an actual achievement-bearing DLC on-site. I'm not hip with how these lists are compiled so not sure how they'd go about fixing that.
  • ZeklingZekling343,321
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 13:05
    Unisaurus13 said:
    Legit picked up Fallout 4 Season pass, cheapest I've ever seen it! :D
    right? I've been waiting for it to go on sale for under $10 CAD for awhile now. Huge plus that the Oblivion DLC went on sale to as I bought that game WAY after it came out haha
  • dymagatedymagate853,113
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 13:58
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Been having lots of fun with Cook Serve Delicious 2, so I'll probably grab 3.
    It's pretty tough but I'm surprised how much I've been enjoying it! Been a long time since I was actually cheffing I guess!

Anyone got strong feelings against any of the games in the Indie Darling Vol.4 bundle? They all look quite good fun for the price.

Glass Masquerade, Black Paradox, Verlet Swing and Unexplored - Unlocked Edition in there for £6.26.
  • iMikeZeroiMikeZero534,972
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 14:50
    I picked up the new AAW Wrestling game which is down to $11.99 right now. I don't even see it listed here.
  • RiIeyRiIey637,152
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 15:33
    These sales get worse and worse
  • WulfTekWulfTek709,969
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 15:43, Edited on 10 August 21 at 15:44 by WulfTek
    DURDENS WRATH said:
    Is Vallhalla Ultimate good for that price?
    Check the price of the Gold Edition. That come with all the currently announced DLC, Ultimate edition just comes with some small extras that aren't really necessary or worth it IMO.

Edit: Gold Edition isn't on sale, Ultimate or Base Game + Season Pass is the way to go.
  • mkdfanmkdfan804,113
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 15:43
    Can someone please clarify that the Doom Eternal Year One Pass actually includes the full game including battlemode and the campaign? On the Xbox site it just says Battlemode.
  • WulfTekWulfTek709,969
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 15:47
    mkdfan said:
    Can someone please clarify that the Doom Eternal Year One Pass actually includes the full game including battlemode and the campaign? On the Xbox site it just says Battlemode.
    I don't believe it comes with the normal campaign. The game's weird where you can buy and play the DLC's without buying the normal campaign.

If you look at what's included in the Deluxe edition you'll see there's "Doom Eternal (Campaign)" included, which isn't in the Year One Pass.

if you want the whole package you can either get Game Pass and the Year One Pass, or pick up the Deluxe Edition which has everything currently released.
  • Posted on 10 August 21 at 15:52
    mkdfan said:
    I'd go with what Xbox says. Guessing it's just some discrepancy with the way it scans into TA, since Battlemode is essentially the "base game".
  • mkdfanmkdfan804,113
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 15:54
    WulfTek said:
    mkdfan said:
    I don't believe it comes with the normal campaign. The game's weird where you can buy and play the DLC's without buying the normal campaign.

If you look at what's included in the Deluxe edition you'll see there's "Doom Eternal (Campaign)" included, which isn't in the Year One Pass.

if you want the whole package you can either get Game Pass and the Year One Pass, or pick up the Deluxe Edition which has everything currently released.
    Ah I see, I bought it at launch physically but wanted to own it digitally. Think I’ll wait for the campaign to be on sale with the dlc too. Thanks for your quick response.
  • WulfTekWulfTek709,969
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 15:57
    mkdfan said:
    WulfTek said:
    mkdfan said:

Ah I see, I bought it at launch physically but wanted to own it digitally. Think I’ll wait for the campaign to be on sale with the dlc too. Thanks for your quick response.
    Isn't it on sale now? I saw the Deluxe edition for £20, which is only £7.50 more than the Year 1 Pass.
  • Posted on 10 August 21 at 16:05
    Fallout 4 Season Pass?? THIS CALLS FOR PANCAKES! HipHop Hooraaaay!!!
  • fatDaddy21fatDaddy21467,830
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 16:49
    First time I've seen Outer Worlds DLC on sale...
  • vegansoundvegansound848,871
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 17:38
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Mmm, yes, complaining about the sales posts is certainly new and exciting territory for you.
    Usually, I'm blaming Microsoft for letting the same old publishers doing their same old sales. Same games, same prices, every week. But this week it's indeed some kind of new territory to blame TA. laugh

I know TA has some kind of partnership with MS to get the sales boards automatically done, which avoids hours and hours of referencements, mainly in big sales periods. But TA should, according to me, check this before posting, instead of posting what is given to them without double-check. If you think/know something is wrong, correct it manually, the way it should really be. We don't understand things anymore: DLC bundles, bundles, game + DLC bundles.......... Two should be enough, and logic should be more considered, meaning putting the right contents in the right sections, and putting the right names instead of what MS put on THEIR site.

I was also asking for more filters on this site about sales (amongst other things), after all TA is all about filters --and that's an important feature to lots of us--, but not being able to hide games we already have and/or that we notified as 'unwanted' (just like on Steam) from sales lists would make those lists easier for us to read. That would be a very big evolution from TA.

If you check the Borderlands 3 Season Pass on-site, for example, it lists all the DLC as "Included In" instead of "Includes". So, it's presumably not getting picked up as a bundle, because as far as that page is concerned it's just a single item.
    I don't get you. I'm on MS store's page for BL3 Season Pass, and 1/ it says 'bundle', so it should be in the bundles section (after that, if it's MS's fault, TA should have corrected it), 2/ yes it may say one content, but a general content including several ones. The season pass does 29.95Go, it's not a giant single file, but several.

Anyway, I think I'm facing a wall, here. cry
  • Posted on 10 August 21 at 19:19
    WulfTek said:
    DURDENS WRATH said:
    Check the price of the Gold Edition. That come with all the currently announced DLC, Ultimate edition just comes with some small extras that aren't really necessary or worth it IMO.

Edit: Gold Edition isn't on sale, Ultimate or Base Game + Season Pass is the way to go.
    What do the extra ones do?
  • WulfTekWulfTek709,969
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 19:23
    DURDENS WRATH said:
    WulfTek said:
    DURDENS WRATH said:

What do the extra ones do?
    The Ultimate Edition stuff? Berserker gear pack (armour set, an axe and shield, and a mount and raven skin), Berserker settlement cosmetic pack, Berserker Longship cosmetics, and a set of runes for altering weapon stats.
  • Harvy75Harvy75110,972
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 21:01
    brayarg said:
    Fall out 4 GOTY snapped up, that amount of content for that price is a steal, bought it with my reward points, so it's actually cost me nothing.
    9,99€ I think I am going to confirm :)
    One of the Lost Ones
  • Enseldyer155Enseldyer155175,115
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 21:57
    For some reason, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is around $0.60 usd in my country store
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.