The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: August 10th, 2021

  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,736
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 22:53
    WulfTek said:
    mkdfan said:
    Can someone please clarify that the Doom Eternal Year One Pass actually includes the full game including battlemode and the campaign? On the Xbox site it just says Battlemode.
    I don't believe it comes with the normal campaign. The game's weird where you can buy and play the DLC's without buying the normal campaign.

    If you look at what's included in the Deluxe edition you'll see there's "Doom Eternal (Campaign)" included, which isn't in the Year One Pass.

    if you want the whole package you can either get Game Pass and the Year One Pass, or pick up the Deluxe Edition which has everything currently released.
    This is correct, you want the Deluxe Edition, I remember being confused by this as well.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,188,210
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 23:06
    Darksiders III DLC for sure.
    Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,736
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 23:27
    I was definitely hoping for Frostpunk DLC when I saw this but maybe I’ll luck out and get a cheap, Complete Edition type bundle someday.
  • Posted on 11 August 21 at 00:08, Edited on 11 August 21 at 00:59 by TernarySauce798
    Fallout 4 season pass for £4.31? Perfect timing. Just finishing up New Vegas + DLC. Gonna pick up the Fallout 3 DLC as well.

    Control season pass was £5.99 in the last ultimate sale. Feels dirty having it more expensive in the ultimate add-on sale.
    TernarySauce798
  • BLANDU XBLANDU X74,625
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 05:57
    How’s everyone’s feelings towards The Sinking City Next Gen? Is 50% OFF enough to jump on it or should I wait for a bigger discount. I already have the last-gen version…
    Thank you!
  • Posted on 11 August 21 at 12:08
    DOOM Eternal PC Expansion Pass I might pick up since the game is on PC GamePass, double down on that achievement list lol
  • EVEN5TAR 117EVEN5TAR 117508,750 508,750 GamerScore
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 17:12, Edited on 11 August 21 at 17:14 by EVEN5TAR 117
    If i would like to buy Doom Eternal, the DOOM Eternal: Year One Pass, includes the game and the 2 dlcs so it will be the best option to purchase, right? Or will be another DLC for it?, I don´t understand the price comparison between this one and the Delux edition. Can someone help me with this? Thank you in advance.
    Even
  • Cdw01Cdw0155,635
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 17:37
    TernarySauce798 said:
    Fallout 4 season pass for £4.31? Perfect timing. Just finishing up New Vegas + DLC. Gonna pick up the Fallout 3 DLC as well.
    Were you able to successfully purchase Broken Steel? I had no problems with the other four Fallout 3 add-ons, but Broken Steel is...broken. Specifically on the 360. Maybe it works on One and beyond.
  • Posted on 12 August 21 at 00:17
    Cdw01 said:
    TernarySauce798 said:
    Fallout 4 season pass for £4.31? Perfect timing. Just finishing up New Vegas + DLC. Gonna pick up the Fallout 3 DLC as well.
    Were you able to successfully purchase Broken Steel? I had no problems with the other four Fallout 3 add-ons, but Broken Steel is...broken. Specifically on the 360. Maybe it works on One and beyond.
    I purchased all Fallout 3 expansion packs without issue on the Xbox one marketplace. Weird issue you seem to have. Usually it’s the Xbox one that has broken 360 DLC sales pages.
    TernarySauce798
  • LockieLockie559,825
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 03:43
    EVEN5TAR 117 said:
    If i would like to buy Doom Eternal, the DOOM Eternal: Year One Pass, includes the game and the 2 dlcs so it will be the best option to purchase, right? Or will be another DLC for it?, I don´t understand the price comparison between this one and the Delux edition. Can someone help me with this? Thank you in advance.
    I don't think Year One Pass includes the campaign game, just the multiplayer mode (which is why the TA bot as picked it up as including 'the game').

    You should click through to the Microsoft store listing as that lists exactly everything included with that particular pass/bundle. If you want the full game + expansions then you'd probably go for the Deluxe Edition.
    Gaming on the Xbox Series X!
  • ALollzALollz653,274
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 19:09
    Something about these endless tables just doesn't do it for me. Would it be possible to display the cover art in the table, similar to how the store does it? It's far easier to browse the MS store to find something interesting than to look at a list of alphabetized titles.
  • EVEN5TAR 117EVEN5TAR 117508,750 508,750 GamerScore
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 21:01
    Lockie said:
    EVEN5TAR 117 said:
    If i would like to buy Doom Eternal, the DOOM Eternal: Year One Pass, includes the game and the 2 dlcs so it will be the best option to purchase, right? Or will be another DLC for it?, I don´t understand the price comparison between this one and the Delux edition. Can someone help me with this? Thank you in advance.
    I don't think Year One Pass includes the campaign game, just the multiplayer mode (which is why the TA bot as picked it up as including 'the game').

    You should click through to the Microsoft store listing as that lists exactly everything included with that particular pass/bundle. If you want the full game + expansions then you'd probably go for the Deluxe Edition.
    Thank you for the tip!, i went to the store and notice, as you mention, the year one does not include the Campaing. So it will be the Delux version wave
    Even
  • Cdw01Cdw0155,635
    Posted on 13 August 21 at 06:32
    TernarySauce798 said:
    Cdw01 said:
    TernarySauce798 said:
    Fallout 4 season pass for £4.31? Perfect timing. Just finishing up New Vegas + DLC. Gonna pick up the Fallout 3 DLC as well.
    Were you able to successfully purchase Broken Steel? I had no problems with the other four Fallout 3 add-ons, but Broken Steel is...broken. Specifically on the 360. Maybe it works on One and beyond.
    I purchased all Fallout 3 expansion packs without issue on the Xbox one marketplace. Weird issue you seem to have. Usually it’s the Xbox one that has broken 360 DLC sales pages.
    From my previous understanding, buying content on microsoft.com, as opposed to the older marketplace.xbox.com pages for 360, did not carry backwards to the 360. At least that's always how I read it worked for Rock Band content. I was never forced to experiment with that, at the risk of needing to double-purchase content, because the older pages had always worked. I got fed up with the 360 purchase page not working for this and bought it from the Xbox One one, and...in this case it did count as purchased for 360 as well. Would've saved me a lot of headache had I just tried that from the start. For whatever reason, the tax was 1 cent more doing it that way, but the extra penny was easily worth the frustration and hassle. Still a mystery why the other page wasn't working, but that's not my problem anymore haha.
  • Posted on 14 August 21 at 00:16
    Cdw01 said:
    TernarySauce798 said:
    Cdw01 said:
    TernarySauce798 said:
    Fallout 4 season pass for £4.31? Perfect timing. Just finishing up New Vegas + DLC. Gonna pick up the Fallout 3 DLC as well.
    Were you able to successfully purchase Broken Steel? I had no problems with the other four Fallout 3 add-ons, but Broken Steel is...broken. Specifically on the 360. Maybe it works on One and beyond.
    I purchased all Fallout 3 expansion packs without issue on the Xbox one marketplace. Weird issue you seem to have. Usually it’s the Xbox one that has broken 360 DLC sales pages.
    From my previous understanding, buying content on microsoft.com, as opposed to the older marketplace.xbox.com pages for 360, did not carry backwards to the 360. At least that's always how I read it worked for Rock Band content. I was never forced to experiment with that, at the risk of needing to double-purchase content, because the older pages had always worked. I got fed up with the 360 purchase page not working for this and bought it from the Xbox One one, and...in this case it did count as purchased for 360 as well. Would've saved me a lot of headache had I just tried that from the start. For whatever reason, the tax was 1 cent more doing it that way, but the extra penny was easily worth the frustration and hassle. Still a mystery why the other page wasn't working, but that's not my problem anymore haha.
    Glad it’s sorted for you. From my experience buying DLC for 360 games on Microsoft.com has worked fine. Maybe it’s just certain games it doesn’t work for.
    TernarySauce798
  • Cdw01Cdw0155,635
    Posted on 14 August 21 at 00:38
    TernarySauce798 said:
    Glad it’s sorted for you. From my experience buying DLC for 360 games on Microsoft.com has worked fine. Maybe it’s just certain games it doesn’t work for.
    Yeah, after thinking about it, Rock Band is probably an edge case. For Rock Band, you're technically buying the songs for a completely different game that didn't exist in the 360 era, and the older games aren't backwards compatible for a multitude of reasons (license expirations, peripherals, etc).
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,407
    Posted on 14 August 21 at 19:52
    Finally got round to buying FO4 GOTY, was nice to see that when I browsed on Monday. Also figured it's time to pickup the new AoE II and III DLCs. Should keep me occupied for a bit.
  • ColdEagle86ColdEagle86275,314
    Posted on 16 August 21 at 15:14, Edited on 16 August 21 at 15:14 by ColdEagle86
    Does prey moon crash dlc contain everything in the prey digital delux version? Or is there extras? I believe the base game is on GP forever? I'm hearing conflicting reports. Cheers
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong408,736
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 18:08
    ColdEagle86 said:
    Does prey moon crash dlc contain everything in the prey digital delux version? Or is there extras? I believe the base game is on GP forever? I'm hearing conflicting reports. Cheers
    Prey was on Gamepass, left, and then came back. I would not assume it’s on Gamepass forever.
  • ColdEagle86ColdEagle86275,314
    Posted on 23 August 21 at 00:16
    TymanTheLong said:
    ColdEagle86 said:
    Does prey moon crash dlc contain everything in the prey digital delux version? Or is there extras? I believe the base game is on GP forever? I'm hearing conflicting reports. Cheers
    Prey was on Gamepass, left, and then came back. I would not assume it’s on Gamepass forever.
    Oh! I thought it was part of the Bethesda acquisition ...damn
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.