The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 10 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• CanezzaCanezza220,180
  • prowlerdanteprowlerdante1,361,269
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 18:32
    Prepare to cry if you play Blackwood Crossing. I was tearing up big time, big sad.
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,818,351
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 21:39
    Having just played the ATROCIOUS port of Katamari Damacy, I just want to say DOOM 64 is one of the greatest port jobs ever done.
  • WeighingBruteWeighingBrute1,973,180
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 22:23
    I can not stress how much people should get blackwood crossing such a emotional roller coaster ride great story and for that price it's worth it even at full price
    wb
  • TervissimoTervissimo659,190
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 00:05
    The Cherished said:
    Having just played the ATROCIOUS port of Katamari Damacy, I just want to say DOOM 64 is one of the greatest port jobs ever done.
    I’m very curious what you thought was so bad with that port. I played the original PS2 version back in the day and also the Xbox One port, but I didn’t notice anything horrible or not true to the original. I agree that Doom 64 is incredible though!
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 00:17
    Tervissimo said:
    The Cherished said:
    I’m very curious what you thought was so bad with that port. I played the original PS2 version back in the day and also the Xbox One port, but I didn’t notice anything horrible or not true to the original. I agree that Doom 64 is incredible though!
    The clipping/collision detection/hit box/whatever you want to call it is the worst. It wasn't stellar in the PS2 version but it's way, WAY worse now. It's really noticeable when you get stuck in a corner behind an object and, for some strange reason, rainbows in the later levels.

Now I've only played the Windows 10 version so I can't speak for the XB1 version but I imagine they're identical.
  • DenverMax27DenverMax27241,519
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 13:18
    Beware Blackwood Crossing! I have never been prone to motion sickness (especially from video games), but the incessant headbob in that game made me motion sick within about twenty minutes. I was so excited about that game but ended up not being able to play it because it made me sick every time I tried. Even doing something as simple as picking up an item, the camera would be bobbing all over the place. AWFUL.
  • FaSCoRPFaSCoRP608,547
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 14:09
    The Cherished said:
    Tervissimo said:
    The Cherished said:
    The clipping/collision detection/hit box/whatever you want to call it is the worst. It wasn't stellar in the PS2 version but it's way, WAY worse now. It's really noticeable when you get stuck in a corner behind an object and, for some strange reason, rainbows in the later levels.

Now I've only played the Windows 10 version so I can't speak for the XB1 version but I imagine they're identical.
    I own the Switch version (was sold only at gamestop) and I can confirm the game is exactly the same on Switch and Xbox. The only quirky thing I see is the time it takes to save (besides playing in on the SSD).
    You get stuck on those places you mention, yes, but it is the game itself, not the quality of the port
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 14:33
    FaSCoRP said:
    I own the Switch version (was sold only at gamestop) and I can confirm the game is exactly the same on Switch and Xbox. The only quirky thing I see is the time it takes to save (besides playing in on the SSD).
    You get stuck on those places you mention, yes, but it is the game itself, not the quality of the port
    Guess I need to break out the PS2 again and see how rose coloured my glasses are. All I remember from the PS2 version was awful slow down.
  • KriskiillsKriskiills521,548
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 17:59
    The Cherished said:
    FaSCoRP said:
    Guess I need to break out the PS2 again and see how rose coloured my glasses are. All I remember from the PS2 version was awful slow down.
    Yeah some of the things you get stuck on are just nutty. I've gotten stuck between shit and lost half my items lol I was so mad. I remember liking Beautiful Katamari when I played it and don't remember getting as mad as I have been playing this one. laugh
    Posted on 11 August 21 at 21:34
    Kriskiills said:
    Yeah some of the things you get stuck on are just nutty. I've gotten stuck between shit and lost half my items lol I was so mad. I remember liking Beautiful Katamari when I played it and don't remember getting as mad as I have been playing this one. laugh
    That's why I thought it was a bad port. I'm in the same boat as you, I don't ever remember raging at Katamari PS2. For crying out loud, I broke a carbon black controller over that #$4&;;"#@& cow level!
  • KriskiillsKriskiills521,548
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 01:48
    The Cherished said:
    Kriskiills said:
    That's why I thought it was a bad port. I'm in the same boat as you, I don't ever remember raging at Katamari PS2. For crying out loud, I broke a carbon black controller over that #$4&;;"#@& cow level!
    I'm almost that that breaking point lol. Make the moon and a few gifts got me hella bad rn. lololol.
  • k0pp0k0pp0560,805
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 10:47
    I've been thoroughly enjoying Katamari and it was ALWAYS janky
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.