Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Reminder: EA Server Closures Today

• Posted on 14 April 12 at 10:44
    Sad Day, Burnout was one of my favourite games.
    -- Don't bother racing a fast car if you can't handle the power --
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,830
    Posted on 14 April 12 at 11:03
    Unfcnbleevibl said:
    I hope to finally get back around to finishing those fucking EA Trials on Dante's Inferno before that game comes up for closure. Though after this list, its probably next on the chopping block.
    Good luck with them. Those trials suck major ass. Utterly, utterly horrible and unbelievably ill-designed.

spyforhire said:
    It blows my mind that a company with it's primary goal to serve gamers shuts down access to their previous titles...
    And here is where your thinking is wrong. EA, much like any publicly traded company, is not here to serve gamers.

They are here to serve SHAREHOLDERS.

Shareholders only care about profit and growth.
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke407,312
    Posted on 14 April 12 at 11:20, Edited on 14 April 12 at 11:21 by LockAndLuke
    Gagun3 said:
    Remember when buying any game if it says EA on the box - do not buy it!
    Reasons:
    - Online passes
    - Day one DLC - why isn't in the game to begin with?
    - only company that shuts down online servers and charges people for online access.

They need to go out of business!!!!!

The gaming industry can do just fine with out them. No great loss.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you, I'm not going to stop buying games that I like just because EA have stamped it, don't get me wrong I don't like EA in the slightest, but devs like Bioware are owned by EA, and Bioware make a lot of great games, such as The Old Republic, which I play every day.
    "I pity you, you just don't get it at all, there's not a thing I don't cherish!"
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS570,086
    Posted on 14 April 12 at 11:24
    HungryWatchWOLF said:
    Optimus Adam said:
    I guess Burnout will sit forever uncompleted :(
    same for me man. I was never able to even connect to the server on the game. so no online achievements for me on this one ever. FU**
    Same, grrrr EA.
    The good music stays underground.
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513518,868
    Posted on 14 April 12 at 12:38
    Badhazard said:
    Brooker. why do you always have to hurt my feelings
    All because I love you my son, now go out and get us sum achievements would you. lol laugh
  • Posted on 14 April 12 at 14:21
    Burnout 1000GS
    NFS prostreet 1000GS
    EA MMA 1000GS
    GODFATHER 1000GS

cerate is not my type of game so sicked it ( still not happy about not geting online tho)

and was going to get ea sports active but the problem with that is , all the challanges you need to do need info from the server so even if you just got the online stuff youd never 1k it as it rellyed on the servers.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 April 12 at 15:19
    I have none of these games. For a reason.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • trollsboxtrollsbox232,762 232,762 GamerScore
    Posted on 14 April 12 at 15:34
    I wish they would put the race day 1 back on, as its the only achievement i need lol
    whats the crack?
  • Posted on 14 April 12 at 15:50
    Shadow Enz said:
    I have none of these games. For a reason.
    Would that be perhaps because they're all EA? laugh
  • Posted on 14 April 12 at 15:56
    I got all the online prostreet achievements in a few days last week. They were pretty simple. I would have never even played it but my girl loaded it up years ago and got one achievement. I was not happy. haha
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 April 12 at 16:06
    Been without internet for a week as router went down new one finally turned up today so I've lost out on ea active nevermind should have guessed it would happen as the price dropped so much so fast
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty680,882
    Posted on 14 April 12 at 18:52, Edited on 14 April 12 at 18:53 by NawtyCawty
    borstal said:
    You know what, Microsoft need to ensure developers/publishers release games whose achievements must always be available for the life of the console. I find it shocking that games will sit forever uncompleted. Microsoft nailed it when they added achievements they just need to show as much commitment as us gamers do.
    The trouble is the majority of gamers dont care about achievements. I mean how many 360s have been sold? At least 50 million odd worldwide. And how many people are on this site? About 175,000. I know there are other sites as well but still, we are in the minority unfortunately.
  • Watty8883Watty88832,160,617
    Posted on 14 April 12 at 19:33
    Wish all the COD servers would close.Bring some variety back to gaming
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath509,480
    Posted on 14 April 12 at 21:53
    I seriously think we need to stop buying EA games to show them how much we disapprove their business practices all around. If they are closing servers where you can't play a title online or complete them achievement wise, they should have to pull those titles from the shelf also.

The Saboteur is still available to buy for $39.99 and shouldn't be if you can't redeem a code that they label on the front of the package as a selling point.

Personally we all know this company blows fat dead dog balls, they always have and Through all the bitching they haven't shown one sign that they give a f**K. or ever will.

When they found out they were the most hated company of the year, they were still cocky as hell about it and basically told us to go f**k ourselves.

The ONLY way this company will EVER change is if we stop buying their games. We need to let a few of their big titles go under and then , and ONLY THEN, will they consider treating their customers better.

Unfortunately, most gamers are shallow enough not to care until they get a bad ending on one of their games then it's the end of the world.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed or not but we are getting A LOT of 7 level games now from all kinds of companies ripping us off $60 only to have "keys" to unlock more as DLC to bring the total of each game to $100+.
  • MC6117MC6117269,882
    Posted on 14 April 12 at 23:00
    finished prostreet so im happy :)
    mac is in your face!
  • Posted on 15 April 12 at 02:19, Edited on 15 April 12 at 02:22 by BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
    I got the online done in MMA (7 day free trial) and in pro street, only ones I want to play. Works for me. toast

Edit: Big thanks to The Manic Moose, without his help I couldn't get the beat the mod achievement in Prostreet. Your the man!
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
  • Arj295Arj295149,957
    Posted on 15 April 12 at 02:41
    Thanks to the notice given by TA, I managed to finish all online achievements for Burnout Revenge.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 April 12 at 04:23
    EA knows hat this website was doing so that is possibly why they shut servers down for their games.
  • Posted on 15 April 12 at 12:48
    AZIANDRAGON said:
    ea really need to stop doing online achievements if there gonna close the servers on there game. makes me not want to try any of there older games since it would be incomplete for me.
    I completely agree with this statement . It makes it unfair for achievement hunters. :(
    WOLF.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.