Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Reminder: EA Server Closures Today

• Chris ScarceChris Scarce1,558,991
    Posted on 17 April 12 at 07:28, Edited on 17 April 12 at 07:32 by Chris Scarce
    my word 1 game i wont be geting online achievment for then there is one game i have which i havnt even started yet better get some of the other ea games which havnt got the online for yet pretty suprised some of them were shut down
    C Scarce
  • LGS I HitmanLGS I Hitman1,293,919
    Posted on 17 April 12 at 15:25
    Just buy there games used they don't get any money from the sale then buy the online pass off ebay, But for me after they introduced the online pass and started closing servers down after 2 years i stopped buying ea sports titles i'll still buy their games i like but used so they don't see any more money from that game because someone bought that new before me.
  • Posted on 18 April 12 at 02:09
    LGS I Hitman said:
    Just buy there games used they don't get any money from the sale then buy the online pass off ebay, But for me after they introduced the online pass and started closing servers down after 2 years i stopped buying ea sports titles i'll still buy their games i like but used so they don't see any more money from that game because someone bought that new before me.
    All of that work around just to get the title anyway...
  • Gagun3Gagun3144,823
    Posted on 23 April 12 at 23:38
    Excellent someone else who gets it.

WickedDeath said:
    I seriously think we need to stop buying EA games to show them how much we disapprove their business practices all around. If they are closing servers where you can't play a title online or complete them achievement wise, they should have to pull those titles from the shelf also.

The Saboteur is still available to buy for $39.99 and shouldn't be if you can't redeem a code that they label on the front of the package as a selling point.

Personally we all know this company blows fat dead dog balls, they always have and Through all the bitching they haven't shown one sign that they give a f**K. or ever will.

When they found out they were the most hated company of the year, they were still cocky as hell about it and basically told us to go f**k ourselves.

The ONLY way this company will EVER change is if we stop buying their games. We need to let a few of their big titles go under and then , and ONLY THEN, will they consider treating their customers better.

Unfortunately, most gamers are shallow enough not to care until they get a bad ending on one of their games then it's the end of the world.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed or not but we are getting A LOT of 7 level games now from all kinds of companies ripping us off $60 only to have "keys" to unlock more as DLC to bring the total of each game to $100+.
  • Gagun3Gagun3144,823
    Posted on 23 April 12 at 23:58
    The worst is yet to come. EA is pushing and will eventually go to a license model (like Anti-virus software and/or MMORPGs) for their games. 1 Key 1 owner of a game per account. For some games it might be a yearly license (Battlefield X).

Of course we see this now with online only releases i.e. BF1942. Sony and Microsoft have been slowly getting us use to DLC and online releases for this very reason. At some point they'll throw the switch and this is how everything will be delivered. It seems to work for iPhone and Android but $1-$5 a game is not the same as charging $60 plus tax per title. They will have to decrease the prices for this to work.

The next gen consoles are being designed and will support this distribution shift. This is when I'll get out of the console race and play my old Xbox360/PS3 titles.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 12 at 17:49
    Gagun3 said:
    The next gen consoles are being designed and will support this distribution shift. This is when I'll get out of the console race and play my old Xbox360/PS3 titles.
    This.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • zSunbrozSunbro193,819
    Posted on 21 September 12 at 12:50
    Servers are back up in Burnout Revenge. No idea how long for
  • MakkerMakker423,279
    Posted on 12 December 12 at 14:47
    Anonymous MK II said:
    F**K YOU EA!!!!!!!!
    Old thread but wanted to agree with this nonetheless angry
  • MakkerMakker423,279
    Posted on 12 December 12 at 14:50
    Been saying this myself for a while. Couldn't agree more.

Gagun3 said:
    Excellent someone else who gets it.

WickedDeath said:
    I seriously think we need to stop buying EA games to show them how much we disapprove their business practices all around. If they are closing servers where you can't play a title online or complete them achievement wise, they should have to pull those titles from the shelf also.

The Saboteur is still available to buy for $39.99 and shouldn't be if you can't redeem a code that they label on the front of the package as a selling point.

Personally we all know this company blows fat dead dog balls, they always have and Through all the bitching they haven't shown one sign that they give a f**K. or ever will.

When they found out they were the most hated company of the year, they were still cocky as hell about it and basically told us to go f**k ourselves.

The ONLY way this company will EVER change is if we stop buying their games. We need to let a few of their big titles go under and then , and ONLY THEN, will they consider treating their customers better.

Unfortunately, most gamers are shallow enough not to care until they get a bad ending on one of their games then it's the end of the world.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed or not but we are getting A LOT of 7 level games now from all kinds of companies ripping us off $60 only to have "keys" to unlock more as DLC to bring the total of each game to $100+.
  • AGGT002AGGT002121,882
    Posted on 14 March 16 at 00:02
    Finally came the day i got out the old copy of pro street and thought id give it a go for a week or so to complete it, now i see this will be impossible. this is really disapointing as i love to get out old copys of games that i havent played and finish them. will stear away from ea games in the future. we cant have unoptainable achivos. it makes me @#$%%@#$@# lol
  • DontasciimeDontasciime352,635
    Posted on 19 March 16 at 20:37
    I've still got loads of EA insert [year] and similar 2k games unopened.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw543,860
    Posted on 21 October 20 at 16:26
    Damn. I just missed out on online.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.