Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Life is Strange Remastered Collection delayed to 2022

• LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE691,521,596
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 14:14
    I'll probably hold off on True Colors until 2022 then. Let it drop in price and get both when the remaster comes out. Will be interesting to see what they fix and smooth over graphically from the originals.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
  • G Smith007G Smith007770,972
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 15:08
    Stupid though, because why give people a date if they where struggling. I'll pass anyway and stick with the original version. theres no need to reply the same game again
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,358,104
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 15:32
    Such a strange remaster. I mean, it's a 3D adventure game that came out a few years ago. The graphics are stylised, not super realistic. It was all about the characters and story.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Posted on 12 August 21 at 16:29
    Why in the world is this getting a remaster? It is 10000% playable as is right now. What are they going to do, add HDR?
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz464,409
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 17:28
    Fair enough
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,629
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 17:34, Edited on 12 August 21 at 17:44 by HolyHalfDead
    buttmudBrooks said:
    King KRool said:
    I don't see the point in this
    Get ready for every game that was semi-successful from last gen to be packaged as remasters. I'm also expecting remasters of remasters from the 360 era.
    Well we do already have remasters of remasters of remasters of remasters :P
    - Halo CE (Xbox)
    - Halo CE Anniversary (Xbox 360)
    - Halo CE (Xbox One - part of Master Chief Collection)
    - Halo CE (Enhanced for Xbox One X - part of MCC)
    - Halo CE (Optimised for Xbox Series X|S - part of MCC)

This is what we want. Imagine owning an Xbox One X and there not being a single remaster available for it. If they hadn’t remastered games like Forza Horizon 4 or Gears 5 for Xbox Series X|S there would only be around 10 games available for it right now.

Now whether you have to pay for these remasters and get an achievement stack, or if they are made available for free to those that own the original (as was the case of every XOX remaster and any XSXS remaster that uses Smart Delivery) has the TA community divided.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,295,711
    Posted on 12 August 21 at 19:29
    HolyHalfDead said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    King KRool said:
    Get ready for every game that was semi-successful from last gen to be packaged as remasters. I'm also expecting remasters of remasters from the 360 era.
    - Halo CE (Xbox)

This is what we want. Imagine owning an Xbox One X and there not being a single remaster available for it. If they hadn’t remastered games like Forza Horizon 4 or Gears 5 for Xbox Series X|S there would only be around 10 games available for it right now.

Now whether you have to pay for these remasters and get an achievement stack, or if they are made available for free to those that own the original (as was the case of every XOX remaster and any XSXS remaster that uses Smart Delivery) has the TA community divided.
    I don't disagree, but are we considering the Series X|S treatment a remaster? I have been thinking of them (the treatments) as a large patch.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 13 August 21 at 09:13
    The Tomb Raider Survivor Trilogy, Sleeping Dogs Definitive(physical), Door Kickers 2 & Life is Strange: True Colors will be my only purchases this year. Nice.

I hope the Remastered Collection gets a physical release. I never went back and played the BTS prequel episode.. I played LIS, then when BTS came out, played it, then started LIS again directly afterwards.... I think I made it to episode 2.... I was incapable of proceeding.

I'm ready to give it another go. Even if that means bringing up more of my pain water.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,629
    Posted on 13 August 21 at 10:36, Edited on 13 August 21 at 10:59 by HolyHalfDead
    buttmudBrooks said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    King KRool said:
    - Halo CE (Xbox)

I don't disagree, but are we considering the Series X|S treatment a remaster? I have been thinking of them (the treatments) as a large patch.
    Porting a Xbox 360 game to run on Xbox One through backward compatibility is not a remaster. Adding 4K textures, increasing the number of polys, upping the fps/resolution are remasters. A “lazy” remaster perhaps, but still a remaster. Just because you didn’t have to pay for the “patch” (which in fact is a whole new game download) doesn’t make it any less of a remaster than the companies that charge you for the game a second time. Hellblade XSXS version came out a few days ago, and completely replaced the XOX version that was installed on my XSX.

So for example the Gears 3 XOX version is a remaster, as is the Morrowind XOX version. But playing Halo 2 on Xbox 360, or Saints Row on Xbox Series X is not, even though the new hardware improves things like loading times.

Very rarely do we get a complete reworking of a game. R-Type and Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition come to mind.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,295,711
    Posted on 13 August 21 at 12:51
    HolyHalfDead said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    King KRool said:
    - Halo CE (Xbox)

Porting a Xbox 360 game to run on Xbox One through backward compatibility is not a remaster. Adding 4K textures, increasing the number of polys, upping the fps/resolution are remasters. A “lazy” remaster perhaps, but still a remaster. Just because you didn’t have to pay for the “patch” (which in fact is a whole new game download) doesn’t make it any less of a remaster than the companies that charge you for the game a second time. Hellblade XSXS version came out a few days ago, and completely replaced the XOX version that was installed on my XSX.

So for example the Gears 3 XOX version is a remaster, as is the Morrowind XOX version. But playing Halo 2 on Xbox 360, or Saints Row on Xbox Series X is not, even though the new hardware improves things like loading times.

Very rarely do we get a complete reworking of a game. R-Type and Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition come to mind.
    I didn't know this so thanks for clearing some of it up. I think the confusion for this current generation (for me regarding Xbox) is that the remasters and new games look so similar to the Xbox One generation and that's in fact why they had to slightly rework the boxes and cover art. The Playstation 5 titles are more distinct from their PS4 titles, and I was looking for this distinction in Xbox too. Also this is the first time since OG Xbox I didn't immediately adopt the new generation, and am still playing mostly One gen games.
    Always number 2.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285452,290
    Posted on 14 August 21 at 03:34
    Who the fuck is Steph? Was she that forgettable of a character in that forgettable of a series that I'm in the minority on "fan favorite"? I mean I'm not a fan really but I've played them and can't picture her at all
  • Posted on 16 August 21 at 03:22
    EazyE2285 said:
    Who the fuck is Steph? Was she that forgettable of a character in that forgettable of a series that I'm in the minority on "fan favorite"? I mean I'm not a fan really but I've played them and can't picture her at all
    She's the girl from Before the Storm that you played D&D with and was the most notable side character from that game
    Let's Go!
  • Sleff22Sleff22242,351
    Posted on 16 August 21 at 19:50
    $80 for this sack. Good luck with that, might consider suffering through is for achievements when it hits game pass after failing hard at full retail price.
  • e4chine4chin229,951
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 14:37, Edited on 20 August 21 at 14:37 by e4chin
    if the product will be better than it was going to be for its original september release, then sure i don't mind, but am still disappointed. really enjoyed the first game and before the storm and very much looking forward to having the excuse of getting more achievements to replay it. haven't jumped into LIS2 yet so probably still won't get true colors until after that.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.