The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: August 17th, 2021

• CraphexCraphex613,379
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:46
    Ah can finally start the Surge 2 on gamepass with the cheap season pass to help me out, hope the base game doesn't get taken off at some point though.
    Craphex
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:59, Edited on 17 August 21 at 19:40 by TheJimiHippie
    Just got a text message that Flipping Death is a only online game. Just wanna give a heads up, if you wanna take that in consideration if you're buying.

Edit: Nah just turns out I forgot that I was playing on my home Xbox. I should have guessed that since it's really isn't logic that a single player game would require to be online.
    Beware of the grammar police!
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 21:04
    The Cherished said:
    I was REALLY hoping Red Dead Redemption would be on sale. I need like 4 copies by this weekend...
    Newegg sometimes and recently (a month or two ago) was selling it for $10. It was the vanilla game only and a digital code though.
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,188,417
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 21:50
    xXMalakian XVII said:
    The Cherished said:
    I was REALLY hoping Red Dead Redemption would be on sale. I need like 4 copies by this weekend...
    Newegg sometimes and recently (a month or two ago) was selling it for $10. It was the vanilla game only and a digital code though.
    That would be perfect, unfortunately it looks like Newegg marked it back up. Thanks though!
  • Posted on 18 August 21 at 01:12
    Oh good, racing games. I don't even have to read the list.
  • Posted on 18 August 21 at 23:00, Edited on 18 August 21 at 23:00 by PositiveDefinit
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Haven't been on sale in over 6+ months:
    Daytona USA - $4.99 (BC, but only available on 360 marketplace)

Non-BC items:
    - Avatar The Last Airbender The Burning Earth
    - Risen 3 Titan Lords
    - Risen 3 DLC - Fog Island
    - Risen 3 DLC - Uprising of the Little Guys

AT previous best:
    - Bound by Flame
    - Faery: Legends of Avalon
    - Ikaruga (currently available for free on international GWG)
    - Radiant Silvergun
    - Risen 3 - Fog Island
    - Risen 3 - Uprising of the Little Guys
    I just found out that Psychonauts is on sale on the microsoft site for $0.99. The xbox marketplace is still 9.99. Will purchasing on microsoft.com allow for play on a 360? The game is on gamepass, though, for probably indefinitely.
  • neuroskulerneuroskuler178,929
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 08:02
    MattHLow said:
    neuroskuler said:
    Any comments on Carmageddon: Max Damage?
    It wasn’t too bad, not as good as the originals, but worth it for nostalgia if it’s cheap enough
    Thank you very much! FInally I bought it to remember old times.
  • MonheganMonhegan205,833
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 19:12, Edited on 20 August 21 at 19:13 by Monhegan
    I bought Radiant Silvergun for 50% off - what a game! I'm a SHMUP fan and can't believe I slept of this one.... any suggestions for other great games by Treasure?
  • Posted on 21 August 21 at 15:47
    DysJayded said:
    The 360 game Ikaruga is free if you switch your region to Argentina, no need to pay $5
    Yeah, but I read up that if you switch a region to a different one, the games and apps you bought in the region the person was using before switching will be gone, but what would happen if I switch back to my primary region? Will all the Arcade and Games on Demand games I bought will be gone forever? Will I be banned?
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan149,564
    Posted on 21 August 21 at 17:51
    NamcoPlayer#9871 said:
    DysJayded said:
    The 360 game Ikaruga is free if you switch your region to Argentina, no need to pay $5
    Yeah, but I read up that if you switch a region to a different one, the games and apps you bought in the region the person was using before switching will be gone, but what would happen if I switch back to my primary region? Will all the Arcade and Games on Demand games I bought will be gone forever? Will I be banned?
    What you’re talking of is the former way of switching regions for the 360 marketplace. If you go to the Argentina page on microsoft.com (the backwards compatible marketplace), you are able to download no problem, no sketchiness required (but a Google translate or similar browser plugin might be helpful in the process)
    Posted on 21 August 21 at 17:59
    PositiveDefinit said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Haven't been on sale in over 6+ months:
    Daytona USA - $4.99 (BC, but only available on 360 marketplace)

Non-BC items:
    - Avatar The Last Airbender The Burning Earth
    - Risen 3 Titan Lords
    - Risen 3 DLC - Fog Island
    - Risen 3 DLC - Uprising of the Little Guys

AT previous best:
    - Bound by Flame
    - Faery: Legends of Avalon
    - Ikaruga (currently available for free on international GWG)
    - Radiant Silvergun
    - Risen 3 - Fog Island
    - Risen 3 - Uprising of the Little Guys
    I just found out that Psychonauts is on sale on the microsoft site for $0.99. The xbox marketplace is still 9.99. Will purchasing on microsoft.com allow for play on a 360? The game is on gamepass, though, for probably indefinitely.
    No, I can confirm by personal experience that it only gives a license for Xbox one, not 360 as well.
  • Posted on 22 August 21 at 01:57
    GT3OptionFan said:
    No, I can confirm by personal experience that it only gives a license for Xbox one, not 360 as well.
    Thanks. I am planning to get Daytona USA, but that requires an Xbox 360, which I have. So no problems there. However, do you think backward compatible games which require the 360 to purchase may eventually be delisted? Does anyone have a list of such games?
    Posted on 22 August 21 at 10:59
    PositiveDefinit said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Thanks. I am planning to get Daytona USA, but that requires an Xbox 360, which I have. So no problems there. However, do you think backward compatible games which require the 360 to purchase may eventually be delisted? Does anyone have a list of such games?
    No one knows, but BC games are not safe from delisting. If you’ve purchased before they have been delisted, you will still be able to download and Re-download at will.
  • Posted on 23 August 21 at 01:10
    GT3OptionFan said:
    NamcoPlayer#9871 said:
    DysJayded said:
    What you’re talking of is the former way of switching regions for the 360 marketplace. If you go to the Argentina page on microsoft.com (the backwards compatible marketplace), you are able to download no problem, no sketchiness required (but a Google translate or similar browser plugin might be helpful in the process)
    Thanks! It helped me very much.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.