Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass losing Blair Witch, NBA 2K21, and more

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs410,566
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:00
    Along with news of the games coming onto the Xbox Game Pass service this month, we also received word of four titles that will also be leaving on August 31st.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Game Pass losing Blair Witch, NBA 2K21, and more
  • Da GermanProDa GermanPro213,761
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:03
    R.I.P. to NBA 2K21…
    Da GermanPro
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,179,172
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:10
    Might go for the Stranger Things completion
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:11
    Shame - I kept meaning to get around to Blair Witch. Then again, if I haven't by this point, I probably never was... laugh
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC1,091,806
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:11
    Fully expected Spiritfarer to leave. Not looking forward to completing Blair Witch. The creature fighting is pretty terrible and the blind playthrough is gonna be a pain.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:15
    GoyetteQC said:
    Fully expected Spiritfarer to leave. Not looking forward to completing Blair Witch. The creature fighting is pretty terrible and the blind playthrough is gonna be a pain.
    It's really not that bad of a completion and there aren't a lot of creature encounters.
  • MGaskellMGaskell688,714
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:16
    Never got around to 100% in Stranger Things. Probably never will now. facepalm
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion914,301
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:18
    Da GermanPro said:
    R.I.P. to NBA 2K21…
    What's weird is that when I got my first 360 in 2006, it was primarily to get sports games but now I don't really even enjoy them.

When The Show joined Game Pass in April, I was super excited to play it but I don't even think I've been able to get through a 9 inning game yet. I may put more effort into it whenever we get the "leaving soon" announcement for it, but I know I'm not going to waste my time trying to complete it.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58513,553
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:28
    The Blair Witch Project - or as I like to refer to it, The Lost In The Woods Simulator.
  • xDisturbedx666xDisturbedx6661,119,084
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:33
    I guess I need to get back to the Blair Witch Project! Would like to at least get through 1 playthrough.
    Disturbed in the House!
  • Six4ProdigySix4Prodigy358,520
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:34
    I thought Blair Witch was an exclusive title for Xbox and PC?
    My gamertag is Six4Prodigy now. Add me. I play all kinds of games for achievements but mainly Rocket League.
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:34
    GoyetteQC said:
    Blair Witch really isn't so bad, though I did follow the wonderful walkthrough we have on here.
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:36
    At least the ones that bought NBA 2k21 when it was $5 will have more time
  • Sipuli91Sipuli91745,414
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:44
    GoyetteQC said:
    Just max the brigthness. 0 need for your flashlight at that point.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:45, Edited on 18 August 21 at 12:21 by
    GoyetteQC said:
    Not looking forward to completing Blair Witch. The creature fighting is pretty terrible and the blind playthrough is gonna be a pain.
    By blind play through, do you mean you are foregoing using a guide or are you referring to the play through where you have to avoid combat? If it’s the latter, you really only have to avoid using lights during the railway section and it isn’t a problem at all with the gamma cranked all the way up. Keep in mind it’ll also be your second play so you’ll ideally know the layouts of each chapter.

At all other points in the game, you can pretty much run around with a flashlight and just tank damage from any enemy that accidentally gets aggro-ed until you sprint to the next safety “point”. Enemies are generally far and few in between and their scripting is pretty dumb, to boot.

That being said, I’m dreading completing this game again too but simply because I don’t think it’s very good. Great themes but not exceptionally well executed gameplay and it drags on and on. The 10-12 hours I spent with it felt more like 15-20; Bloober’s other works are far superior IMO.

Edit: D’oh! Should have read the rest of the thread, a number of people have already responded to your comment. Ah well, I’ll leave this up as friendly advice for anyone considering completing it.
  • LockieLockie747,789
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:48, Edited on 17 August 21 at 14:49 by Lockie
    I guess I should finally get around to doing playthrough two of Blair Witch and ST3 then to wrap up the last achievements.
    Gaming on the Xbox Series X!
  • SincereSeeker6SincereSeeker61,053,490
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:53, Edited on 17 August 21 at 14:58 by SincereSeeker6
    Might do Stranger Things. Though, I doubt I'll enjoy it with the 1985 graphics so it might not be worth it.

I like those graphics when it comes to something like Midway Arcade Origins, but with a 'modern' game that's actually remotely complex, It just makes it a pain to play.
  • Da GermanProDa GermanPro213,761
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:57
    Boots Orion said:
    Da GermanPro said:
    R.I.P. to NBA 2K21…
    What's weird is that when I got my first 360 in 2006, it was primarily to get sports games but now I don't really even enjoy them.

When The Show joined Game Pass in April, I was super excited to play it but I don't even think I've been able to get through a 9 inning game yet. I may put more effort into it whenever we get the "leaving soon" announcement for it, but I know I'm not going to waste my time trying to complete it.
    I get that. I used to play this with friends but not anymore. Now I rarely play it.
    Da GermanPro
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:57
    crap i wanted to finish blair witch dont think i can though
    Iceberg Right Ahead
  • SincereSeeker6SincereSeeker61,053,490
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 14:59, Edited on 17 August 21 at 15:03 by SincereSeeker6
    Iceberg082006 said:
    crap i wanted to finish blair witch dont think i can though
    Doesn't take too long, you should be able to finish in 10-12 hours if you use the walkthrough religiously. (I don't know how anyone could complete the game without one..) Not that hard either, only mildly difficult thing for me was trying to know where the witch was without a headset. But it spawns you right before the encounter if you die, and there's not that many encounters. And only chapter 8 was hard in the pacifist playthrough.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.