Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass losing Blair Witch, NBA 2K21, and more

• ALoneWolf42ALoneWolf42381,968
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 18:22
    Oof. I've done only a little on Double Kick Heroes, 1 on Blair Witch, and I'd just like to play Stranger Things. Sadness. cry Can I get all 3 done in time?
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 18:38
    NBA 2K21 is a big loss for me cry I guess it's time to reinstall NBA Live for my Basketball addiction laugh
    It sucks that Double Kick Heroes is leaving as well, it's a solid game and one of the very few rhythm games on Xbox.
  • BAE 10BAE 101,121,549
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 20:17, Edited on 17 August 21 at 20:51 by BAE 10
    Im trying Blair Witch now and using the recommended walkthrough but the guide seems terrible. The game itself is confusing to know where you are or where you have been so I dont fully blame the guide but some directions are terrible or just flat out wrong. At one point it says “go back to where you got that photo” and I have no idea how to find where that was from where the guide says to go back... specific directions would be nice. Right after that it says “go right from there to find a small cave” but its actually left. Shortly after that it says to go down a specific path on the next intersection but they skipped an intersection without telling you... this all happens within the first hour of the game/guide.
  • GilCAnjosGilCAnjos191,344
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 20:38
    For some reason I thought Stranger Things had already left. But oh well, now that Dead by Daylight is going to lose its Stranger Things license, it just makes sense that Game Pass would lose it too
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC1,089,614
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 21:50
    Brave Tanuki said:
    By blind play through, do you mean you are foregoing using a guide or are you referring to the play through where you have to avoid combat? If it’s the latter, you really only have to avoid using lights during the railway section and it isn’t a problem at all with the gamma cranked all the way up. Keep in mind it’ll also be your second play through so you’d ideally know the layouts of each chapter.

At all other points of the game, you can pretty much run around with a flashlight and just tank damage from any enemy that gets aggro-ed until you sprint to the next safety “point”. Enemies are generally far and few in between and their AI is pretty dumb, to boot. laugh

That being said, I’m dreading completing this game again too but just because I don’t think it’s very good. The 10-12 hours I spent with it felt more like 20; Bloober’s other work is far superior IMO.

Edit: D’oh! Should have read the rest of the thread, a number of people have already responded to your comment. Ah well, I’ll leave this up as friendly advice for anyone considering completing it.
    By blind playthrough I meant the one where you can't use your flashlight or something like that. However you and some other have pointed out some very good tips, so I'll try them out. Thanks.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • No Bad GamesNo Bad Games389,855
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 22:30
    oh noes
    Bears, Beats, Battlestar Galactica.
  • WicelowWicelow1,601,418
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 23:11
    Blair Witch and Stranger Things were on my ToDo list... I don't think I'll have the time/courage to even start any of them.
    Oh well. I still have a gazillon other games anyway.
    Eat. Play. Love.
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 23:46
    Six4Prodigy said:
    I thought Blair Witch was an exclusive title for Xbox and PC?
    It's on PS4 as well, so nope.
    Hola
  • LockieLockie741,725
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 00:41, Edited on 18 August 21 at 00:42 by Lockie
    EarthboundX said:
    I'll give Blair Witch and Double Kick Heroes a go.

How hard is Double Kick Heroes to do solo? The Walkthrough isn't give me the best impression of doing it by myself.
    As someone who doesn't play many rhythm games, I got all the achievements solo except for two that require beating two of the bosses on Extreme difficulty.

Skip to 3:00 in the guide for the insane button mashy part:

Double Kick HeroesThe EmperorThe The Emperor achievement in Double Kick Heroes worth 339 pointsBeat Mobula on EXTREME difficulty
    Gaming on the Xbox Series X!
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,997,478
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 01:17
    Lockie said:
    EarthboundX said:

How hard is Double Kick Heroes to do solo? The Walkthrough isn't give me the best impression of doing it by myself.
    As someone who doesn't play many rhythm games, I got all the achievements solo except for two that require beating two of the bosses on Extreme difficulty.

Double Kick HeroesThe EmperorThe The Emperor achievement in Double Kick Heroes worth 339 pointsBeat Mobula on EXTREME difficulty
    Thanks, it take you any longer solo than the estimated time?
  • Posted on 18 August 21 at 01:28
    I thoroughly enjoyed Stranger Things 3 and had a strong sense of nostalgia as it reminded me of many games I played growing up. It is essentially rehashing season 3 of the TV show so you definitely will want to watch the series first before playing the game to avoid spoilers.
    ExtraLife 2021: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=453893
  • TREX1979TREX1979661,466
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 01:32
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    The Blair Witch Project - or as I like to refer to it, The Lost In The Woods Simulator.
    hahhaah so true hahahha
  • LockieLockie741,725
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 03:08
    EarthboundX said:
    Lockie said:
    EarthboundX said:

If you're good at rhythm games or have a co-op partner then you probably could do it in 8 hours. If you're average at them like me you'll either go over the estimated time practicing the two hard boss fights, or just not bother (which is what I did in the end laugh ).
    Gaming on the Xbox Series X!
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,997,478
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 03:28, Edited on 18 August 21 at 03:28 by EarthboundX
    Lockie said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Lockie said:
    EarthboundX said:

If you're good at rhythm games or have a co-op partner then you probably could do it in 8 hours. If you're average at them like me you'll either go over the estimated time practicing the two hard boss fights, or just not bother (which is what I did in the end laugh ).
    Oh, you didn't finish it, thought you meant you had help for those last two achs.

Alright thanks.
  • BostonsmafiaBostonsmafia192,346
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 05:09
    Just finished Blair Witch last night lol talk about good timing for me. I thought it was a nice, relatively short game to play while looking for the next one to really sink my teeth into.
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw1,268,932
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 08:14
    I am struggling to bring myself to play Blair Witch. It's painful.
    There is always a way.
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto2,157,770
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 12:25
    Double kick heroes is a blast especially if you have a wing man (or 2 is even better imo) but I highly advise people not to miss Blair Witch. The game was creepy, the WT was solid and quite enjoyable. It isn't very hard but it is definitely a game you should play at night alone in a dark room :P
    See you in Valhalla
  • Vokul VeganVokul Vegan388,776
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 14:52
    Good. Keep them ratios high!!
    Stay Frosty
  • suitexblsuitexbl1,230,264
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 16:14
    I’ve been holding off on Blair Witch. Today I start. Hopefully I can get it done before it leaves.
    -suite
  • ALoneWolf42ALoneWolf42381,968
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 16:39
    EarthboundX said:
    I’m trying to solo & think I have less than half achievements, 17 hours in. 1 of the achievements seems broken for me specifically.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.