Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass losing Blair Witch, NBA 2K21, and more

  • Posted on 18 August 21 at 17:07
    Maw N Paw said:
    I am struggling to bring myself to play Blair Witch. It's painful.
    I wouldn't bother, I'm a fan of the film and horror in general but this was an absolute chore to get through, The final level in particular is one of the worst I've ever played, it just goes on and on where you do nothing but walk down a corridor, reach a dead end then need to backtrack to see what's changed. Not to mention the part where you have to listen to your dog whining for several minutes straight if you want the good ending.
  • MrKoolxDoodMrKoolxDood501,264
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 17:56
    GoyetteQC said:
    Fully expected Spiritfarer to leave. Not looking forward to completing Blair Witch. The creature fighting is pretty terrible and the blind playthrough is gonna be a pain.
    It’s an alright game tho and seeing how the choices affect the ending is interesting
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007256,866
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 19:40, Edited on 18 August 21 at 20:53 by FireDrake007
    I just finished my 2nd pacifist playthrough of Blair Witch and only have the Snake Charmer achievement left to finish. I didn't enjoy it that much. If it weren't for some guides I was using, I would have been extremely frustrated with this game.

    I am picking up from the library the Stranger Things season 1 tv series to see if I like it next. If I do I will watch the rest of the series and play the game as well before it leaves Gamepass.
  • RacxieRacxie564,246
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 23:08
    I've never really watched Stranger Things so the story probably wouldn't mean much especially the game being based on season 3 from what I can tell, but the same situation didn't stop me from playing and enjoying TT's GoT game.

    So have to ask, is the Stranger Things game any good? I like the pixelated art style, but I don't really know anything about it other than that.
  • ALoneWolf42ALoneWolf42383,068
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 02:25
    Stranger Things doesn't have achievements on Windows. This is kindof mixed sad. No achievements, but it looks like a fun game.

    And now I gotta focus on Blair Witch Project instead. roll
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

  • planchetflawplanchetflaw808,166
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 09:35
    I'm only up to Chapter 6 or 7 on Blair Witch. I find it hard to play for lengthy periods and I get lost every step.
  • BobBoxBody29BobBoxBody29521,469
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 10:25
    For those thinking about a Blair Witch completion... Use a guide (it's easier with a video guide for the collectibles) and do one playthrough so you know where you're going. The 'no combat' one where you can't use the flashlight isn't bad at all (turn up the brightness to see where you're going). The one where you have to get Bullet's complete loyalty can be glitchy though but spamming petting him worked for me. It's a pretty cool game I thought.
  • Belindo152Belindo152347,453
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 10:41
    BobBoxBody29 said:
    For those thinking about a Blair Witch completion... Use a guide (it's easier with a video guide for the collectibles) and do one playthrough so you know where you're going. The 'no combat' one where you can't use the flashlight isn't bad at all (turn up the brightness to see where you're going). The one where you have to get Bullet's complete loyalty can be glitchy though but spamming petting him worked for me. It's a pretty cool game I thought.
    Started it yesterday with use of the guide. Already got lost in the first chapter, lol. Spent 20 minutes
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    only to find later that Bullet was barking up to me for the same amount of time because
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    Hoping I can complete this before the 31st. I'm especially worried about the 2nd playthrough. But we'll see.
  • silveiragsilveirag62,499
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 11:59
    I just started playing NBA2K ffs
  • suitexblsuitexbl1,225,145
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 12:38
    Remco1986 said:
    BobBoxBody29 said:
    For those thinking about a Blair Witch completion... Use a guide (it's easier with a video guide for the collectibles) and do one playthrough so you know where you're going. The 'no combat' one where you can't use the flashlight isn't bad at all (turn up the brightness to see where you're going). The one where you have to get Bullet's complete loyalty can be glitchy though but spamming petting him worked for me. It's a pretty cool game I thought.
    Started it yesterday with use of the guide. Already got lost in the first chapter, lol. Spent 20 minutes
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    only to find later that Bullet was barking up to me for the same amount of time because
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    Hoping I can complete this before the 31st. I'm especially worried about the 2nd playthrough. But we'll see.
    I’m past the first playthrough I ended up lost in the forest but managed to get past that after walking around like a headless chicken. I found Aussie’s video guide to help for most of the guide but would jump to another video guide to get me past points he didn’t show. So back and fourth. Haven’t got much left to do only pacifist run and the odd achievements like having bullet fetch items. I wish you all luck in completing this before it ends.
    -suite
  • I Ebon Hawk II Ebon Hawk I2,260,160
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 13:15
    I played through Stranger Things a few months ago. I couldn’t do the second playthrough because the game was terrible, especially compared to the tv show. Might as well complete it though since it’s leaving game pass.
  • JWx14JWx14747,916
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 16:34
    suite said:
    Remco1986 said:
    BobBoxBody29 said:
    For those thinking about a Blair Witch completion... Use a guide (it's easier with a video guide for the collectibles) and do one playthrough so you know where you're going. The 'no combat' one where you can't use the flashlight isn't bad at all (turn up the brightness to see where you're going). The one where you have to get Bullet's complete loyalty can be glitchy though but spamming petting him worked for me. It's a pretty cool game I thought.
    Started it yesterday with use of the guide. Already got lost in the first chapter, lol. Spent 20 minutes
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    only to find later that Bullet was barking up to me for the same amount of time because
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    Hoping I can complete this before the 31st. I'm especially worried about the 2nd playthrough. But we'll see.
    I’m past the first playthrough I ended up lost in the forest but managed to get past that after walking around like a headless chicken. I found Aussie’s video guide to help for most of the guide but would jump to another video guide to get me past points he didn’t show. So back and fourth. Haven’t got much left to do only pacifist run and the odd achievements like having bullet fetch items. I wish you all luck in completing this before it ends.
    I did my first playthrough yesterday. It wasn't too bad but somehow I managed to miss one piece of trash! So not only do I have to do a pacifist play through but I need to pick up the trash again. So frustrating.
  • suitexblsuitexbl1,225,145
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 16:59
    JWx14 said:
    suite said:
    Remco1986 said:
    BobBoxBody29 said:
    For those thinking about a Blair Witch completion... Use a guide (it's easier with a video guide for the collectibles) and do one playthrough so you know where you're going. The 'no combat' one where you can't use the flashlight isn't bad at all (turn up the brightness to see where you're going). The one where you have to get Bullet's complete loyalty can be glitchy though but spamming petting him worked for me. It's a pretty cool game I thought.
    Started it yesterday with use of the guide. Already got lost in the first chapter, lol. Spent 20 minutes
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    only to find later that Bullet was barking up to me for the same amount of time because
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

    Hoping I can complete this before the 31st. I'm especially worried about the 2nd playthrough. But we'll see.
    I’m past the first playthrough I ended up lost in the forest but managed to get past that after walking around like a headless chicken. I found Aussie’s video guide to help for most of the guide but would jump to another video guide to get me past points he didn’t show. So back and fourth. Haven’t got much left to do only pacifist run and the odd achievements like having bullet fetch items. I wish you all luck in completing this before it ends.
    I did my first playthrough yesterday. It wasn't too bad but somehow I managed to miss one piece of trash! So not only do I have to do a pacifist play through but I need to pick up the trash again. So frustrating.
    Oh no how annoying :( , you’ll do it! I’ve just finished the whole game. The only downfall is the monsters chasing you and heading back to the cart had to redo that 3 times. Brightness up yet it’s still too dark.
    -suite
  • Posted on 19 August 21 at 17:35
    Boots Orion said:
    Da GermanPro said:
    R.I.P. to NBA 2K21…
    What's weird is that when I got my first 360 in 2006, it was primarily to get sports games but now I don't really even enjoy them.

    When The Show joined Game Pass in April, I was super excited to play it but I don't even think I've been able to get through a 9 inning game yet. I may put more effort into it whenever we get the "leaving soon" announcement for it, but I know I'm not going to waste my time trying to complete it.
    There are multiple settings that shortens games in The Show. Among other things you can do, my favorite is the one where the pitcher has already thrown a few pitches by the time you control the batter. It makes the game go much quicker.
  • MetalNuckMetalNuck704,138
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 18:07
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    Boots Orion said:
    Da GermanPro said:
    R.I.P. to NBA 2K21…
    What's weird is that when I got my first 360 in 2006, it was primarily to get sports games but now I don't really even enjoy them.

    When The Show joined Game Pass in April, I was super excited to play it but I don't even think I've been able to get through a 9 inning game yet. I may put more effort into it whenever we get the "leaving soon" announcement for it, but I know I'm not going to waste my time trying to complete it.
    There are multiple settings that shortens games in The Show. Among other things you can do, my favorite is the one where the pitcher has already thrown a few pitches by the time you control the batter. It makes the game go much quicker.
    Quick Counts is the mode you are thinking of. Also March to October and many Diamond Dynasty offline modes are three innings or less(moments.) The RttS achievements for being promoted, just sim. The only time I have played a full 9 innings is either for grinding(my choice) or Ranked Seasons.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion913,513
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 19:01
    MetalNuck said:
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    Boots Orion said:
    Da GermanPro said:
    R.I.P. to NBA 2K21…
    What's weird is that when I got my first 360 in 2006, it was primarily to get sports games but now I don't really even enjoy them.

    When The Show joined Game Pass in April, I was super excited to play it but I don't even think I've been able to get through a 9 inning game yet. I may put more effort into it whenever we get the "leaving soon" announcement for it, but I know I'm not going to waste my time trying to complete it.
    There are multiple settings that shortens games in The Show. Among other things you can do, my favorite is the one where the pitcher has already thrown a few pitches by the time you control the batter. It makes the game go much quicker.
    Quick Counts is the mode you are thinking of. Also March to October and many Diamond Dynasty offline modes are three innings or less(moments.) The RttS achievements for being promoted, just sim. The only time I have played a full 9 innings is either for grinding(my choice) or Ranked Seasons.
    Thanks for the tips guys. If I decide to put time into it again, I'll refer back to these posts.

    My comment was more about how my gaming preferences have changed in the last 15 years than any critique of The Show, but I do appreciate being able to make games go quicker.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj242,865
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 21:07
    Sucks that Stranger Things is leaving, was using it for super easy weekly GP Quests.
  • shaggytophshaggytoph86,974
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 22:00
    can you guys explain me why NB 2K21 is leaving the program if it's part of EA play???
  • Posted on 19 August 21 at 22:22
    You know, I've pushed few quite a few games to reach the 100% well after the fun factor was gone, but I just couldn't do it with Blair Witch. An amazing concept in an incredibly dull and ultimately disappointing game. I dropped it about a year and a half ago and haven't gotten back to it. Shame because it's a pretty simple completion, but I'll have to live with a low percentage on this one. Had a game-breaking glitch that made me quit.
    WeavingPlacebo7
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.