Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass losing Blair Witch, NBA 2K21, and more

• LockieLockie741,725
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 00:52
    Just finished my Pacifist/Good Ending playthrough of Blair Witch and got the 100%. smile

Since it has been a year since I did my first playthrough (using the TA walkthrough, highly recommend) I ended up playing along with a speedrunner video on Youtube so I wouldn't get lost. Took about 2 hours and I had a headache by the end. facepalm Very satisfying uninstall.
    Gaming on the Xbox Series X!
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw808,866
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 03:51
    I played from chapter 5 to chapter 13 just now on Blair Witch and it definitely improves pacing as it goes on. So I'll definitely knock this out, finally, before the deadline.
  • LGDMFLGDMF274,982
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 04:08
    Finished Blair Witch just now, took me two days. If you are going for the 100% pay attention to the "Break the Cycle" requirements, because i was using a guide here on TA and i almost lost the achievement cause some information was missing, be careful. Also i think the game was fun, the graphics are a bit similar to RE7 and i loved Bullet xD
  • KexolKexol473,014
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 04:30
    Was stoked for Blair Witch for when it came out cause I'm a fan of the movie but man did that game ever disappoint. I wish games that advertise branching paths had more meaningful consequences than a short cutscene at the end of the game
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 07:59
    This is very sad news, and I didn't have time to play(((
  • ItsRoflzItsRoflz400,263
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 09:31
    shaggytoph said:
    can you guys explain me why NB 2K21 is leaving the program if it's part of EA play???
    As it says in the name 2K21, NBA is made by 2K, therefore it is not an EA game or apart of EA Play.

As someone who is one domination game away from completing this game, I do not recommend it to anyone.

Im curious if ST3 is worth it to play and complete. Im not a huge fan of tedious collectibles
    Trev
  • Belindo152Belindo152347,290
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 10:00
    ItsRoflz said:
    shaggytoph said:
    can you guys explain me why NB 2K21 is leaving the program if it's part of EA play???
    As it says in the name 2K21, NBA is made by 2K, therefore it is not an EA game or apart of EA Play.

As someone who is one domination game away from completing this game, I do not recommend it to anyone.

Im curious if ST3 is worth it to play and complete. Im not a huge fan of tedious collectibles
    Learning every day, I thought it simply stood for 2021
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:52
    Remco1986 said:
    ItsRoflz said:
    shaggytoph said:

NBA Live is the EA NBA series, while all the 2K sports games are by 2K. I think the only other sport in which there could be the same mixup is NHL, but while 2K 'won' the basketball game battle EA 'won' the ice hockey game battle.
  • MrDanlolMrDanlol92,614
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 15:00
    LGDMF said:
    Finished Blair Witch just now, took me two days. If you are going for the 100% pay attention to the "Break the Cycle" requirements, because i was using a guide here on TA and i almost lost the achievement cause some information was missing, be careful. Also i think the game was fun, the graphics are a bit similar to RE7 and i loved Bullet xD
    I'm using the TA walkthrough right now and I'm curious about which information is missing for the Break the Cycle achievement. I don't want to waste a playthrough because of that.
  • el tebyel teby1,453,185
    Posted on 22 August 21 at 02:56
    EarthboundX said:
    Lockie said:
    EarthboundX said:
    I'll give Blair Witch and Double Kick Heroes a go.

How hard is Double Kick Heroes to do solo? The Walkthrough isn't give me the best impression of doing it by myself.
    As someone who doesn't play many rhythm games, I got all the achievements solo except for two that require beating two of the bosses on Extreme difficulty.

Skip to 3:00 in the guide for the insane button mashy part:

Double Kick HeroesThe EmperorThe The Emperor achievement in Double Kick Heroes worth 339 pointsBeat Mobula on EXTREME difficulty
    Thanks, it take you any longer solo than the estimated time?
    I definitely do NOT recommend solo. The difficulty spike is REAL. I’m so glad I was able to convince my wife to copilot the bosses on extreme. We finished all 6 in 27 minutes
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,997,478
    Posted on 22 August 21 at 03:28
    el teby said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Lockie said:
    EarthboundX said:

How hard is Double Kick Heroes to do solo? The Walkthrough isn't give me the best impression of doing it by myself.
    As someone who doesn't play many rhythm games, I got all the achievements solo except for two that require beating two of the bosses on Extreme difficulty.

Double Kick HeroesThe EmperorThe The Emperor achievement in Double Kick Heroes worth 339 pointsBeat Mobula on EXTREME difficulty
    Thanks, it take you any longer solo than the estimated time?
    I definitely do NOT recommend solo. The difficulty spike is REAL. I’m so glad I was able to convince my wife to copilot the bosses on extreme. We finished all 6 in 27 minutes
    Yeah, after hearing that from a few other people I just decided to get the game when it super cheap.
  • ItsRoflzItsRoflz400,263
    Posted on 23 August 21 at 06:05
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Remco1986 said:
    ItsRoflz said:
    shaggytoph said:

NBA Live is the EA NBA series, while all the 2K sports games are by 2K. I think the only other sport in which there could be the same mixup is NHL, but while 2K 'won' the basketball game battle EA 'won' the ice hockey game battle.
    Well put. Though im not really sure if there is a winner here because neither company seems compelled to make anything close to groundbreaking in the sports category
    Trev
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw808,866
    Posted on 23 August 21 at 09:07
    I keep thinking 2K is EA as well because of PGA TOUR which used to be EA but is now 2K.

I finished my first play through of Blair Witch finally and luckily the dog achievement popped. So just the 3 achievements for the Pacifist run to go.

If I get that done in the next two days I might look at ST3, but I doubt I'll start it.
  • SnuSnu124,155
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 16:50
    Lockie said:
    EarthboundX said:

How did u manage to get Looping achievement? Fury road mode seems broken and impossible, I tried multiple times and I still get hit and die even when not missing a single note. Enemies get close to car because it's positioned wrong and you simply cannot hit them. Nice job devs.
  • LockieLockie741,725
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 03:19, Edited on 26 August 21 at 03:22 by Lockie
    Snu said:
    Lockie said:
    EarthboundX said:

How did u manage to get Looping achievement? Fury road mode seems broken and impossible, I tried multiple times and I still get hit and die even when not missing a single note. Enemies get close to car because it's positioned wrong and you simply cannot hit them. Nice job devs.
    Fury road achievement? You can just play it on the easiest difficulty. It shouldn't be hard, just long and boring. If you're missing enemies you might not be targeting the specific top or bottom rows correctly.
    Gaming on the Xbox Series X!
  • benvegbenveg941,652
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 11:41
    If u liked the movie, Blair Witch is worth a run for the sick scary scenes (Hellblade inspired)
  • SnuSnu124,155
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 14:08, Edited on 26 August 21 at 14:09 by Snu
    Ah I get it now, completed whole game without knowing left and right bumper shoots different gun dance
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.