Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

Hades: escape both habits and Hell with these winning builds

• Posted on 17 August 21 at 16:51
    If your favourite Hades builds just aren't cutting it later in a run, or you just want to try out something new but aren't sure where to invest your resources, this little guide should hopefully give you a few ideas to try out...

Please click here to read the full story: Hades: escape both habits and Hell with these winning builds
  • WulfTekWulfTek982,194
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 17:07
    I found early game that Cursed Blade for the Stygian Blade from the Daedalus Hammer very useful if you're happy then picking up a good chunk of Centaur Hearts.

It made my first successful run much easier since I didn't have to worry about re-filling my health at all to be honest.
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 17:12
    WulfTek said:
    I found early game that Cursed Blade for the Stygian Blade from the Daedalus Hammer very useful if you're happy then picking up a good chunk of Centaur Hearts.

It made my first successful run much easier since I didn't have to worry about re-filling my health at all to be honest.
    Yeah, Cursed Blade is reeeeally strong, probably the best thing the sword has going for it tbh.
  • ScaroveseScarovese1,178,210
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 18:26
    My two favorites are Aspect of Hera bow or Aspect of Poseidon sword, Exit Wounds, anything that gives additional bloodstones, anything that increases cast damage.
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink2,523,306
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 19:40
    I get absolutely blasted by the guy with the shield on floor 3 cuz I beat the minataur first then this dude with the shield is impossible to me only tried twice though
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 19:45
    Surprised Zeus attack + eris rail wasn't mentioned. It's probably my favorite build due to how powerful it is and how easy it is to get going.
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 19:55
    Paul Wesley 91 said:
    Surprised Zeus attack + eris rail wasn't mentioned. It's probably my favorite build due to how powerful it is and how easy it is to get going.
    Chain lightning is lovely for room clears, but not the best for single target damage, I’ve found, especially on higher Heat levels. Still strong on Rail tho, although I think Rail is the only weapon I’d take it on over other Zeus Boons.
  • EnduroEnduro133,206
    Posted on 17 August 21 at 21:23
    So, boosting Aspect of Talos to max requires a lot of Titan's Blood. I beat Meg with the six weapons, spent 1 Titan's Blood on trades, and spent the other 5 upgrading the Spear (I like the spear and shield best). But how are people getting so many Titan's Blood? Is it really only through beating the game and raising Heat levels?
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 22:25, Edited on 17 August 21 at 22:31 by BadRubberPiggy
    Enduro said:
    So, boosting Aspect of Talos to max requires a lot of Titan's Blood. I beat Meg with the six weapons, spent 1 Titan's Blood on trades, and spent the other 5 upgrading the Spear (I like the spear and shield best). But how are people getting so many Titan's Blood? Is it really only through beating the game and raising Heat levels?
    Two per win each Heat level (per weapon) racks up fairly quick once you reach the point that you can get a streak going, some Prophecies award it (and quite a lot of it iirc), and you soon run out of other uses for Nectar and Ambrosia (for trades) when you’ve done most of the gifting! Talos actually benefits little from the upgrades in the build mentioned… it was just my first clear weapon so I felt inclined to invest in it. Defo worth it for other more convoluted Talos builds imo, but it’s the least important investment of all the builds here, for sure.
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 22:37
    no interest at all in the game

very happy and interested in this type of article. absolute joy to read including the educated comments

hopefully there will much, much more
  • Posted on 17 August 21 at 23:20
    freedomgirl85 said:
    no interest at all in the game

very happy and interested in this type of article. absolute joy to read including the educated comments

hopefully there will much, much more
    I’ve been wanting to do this kind of thing for ages, but good guide content is reliant on the author’s knowledge and experience - it’s not the kind of thing you can ask someone to just pluck out of thin air and expect them to do a good job. So while I can’t promise “much, much more,” I can safely say that it’s something we will absolutely do when we have enough first-hand expertise to make a good go of it!
  • EnduroEnduro133,206
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 01:09
    BadRubberPiggy said:
    Two per win each Heat level (per weapon) racks up fairly quick once you reach the point that you can get a streak going, some Prophecies award it (and quite a lot of it iirc), and you soon run out of other uses for Nectar and Ambrosia (for trades) when you’ve done most of the gifting! Talos actually benefits little from the upgrades in the build mentioned… it was just my first clear weapon so I felt inclined to invest in it. Defo worth it for other more convoluted Talos builds imo, but it’s the least important investment of all the builds here, for sure.
    Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I am loving this game (despite having really disliked Transistor) but I was starting to wonder how I'd ever possibly get enough Titan's Blood to make a dent into those upgrades.
  • neeker75neeker751,646,066
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 06:11
    Doom is actually what got me through on all three of my current clears. I cleared it twice with the Railgun and the Spear with Doom (a must) and a random second status effect. I did get better at avoiding Hades' attack but I still feel Doom is essential for new players seeking their first successful escape.

The Endless Quiver method sounds fun though. I've had success with the Railgun and getting either Triple Bomb or Cluster Bomb. The special spams ended up hitting enemies all over the screen, so 12 arrows filling the screen sounds awesome.
  • Posted on 22 August 21 at 16:19
    On my 27th or so run, i had a call that charmed an opponent for 6 seconds with a 5 second cooldown. Combined with a boon that gave me ridiculous speed/dodge after a call, I was able to infinitely stunlock every group of mobs/boss including Hades. Didn't need a single revive the entire run.
  • LifeSuxPlayHALOLifeSuxPlayHALO1,053,539
    Posted on 23 August 21 at 13:19
    Poseidon's boons which cause knock-back are absolutely amazing for your Cast... Especially for clearing out the extremely cramped rooms of the 4th dungeon with the satyrs. One of his boons gives a massive damage boost for pushing enemies against walls. Just instantly shoot off all your casts and push everyone into walls and the enemies just rip into pieces.
  • d3nn1s99999d3nn1s999991,144,028
    Posted on 24 August 21 at 17:22
    LifeSuxPlayHALO said:
    Poseidon's boons which cause knock-back are absolutely amazing for your Cast... Especially for clearing out the extremely cramped rooms of the 4th dungeon with the satyrs. One of his boons gives a massive damage boost for pushing enemies against walls. Just instantly shoot off all your casts and push everyone into walls and the enemies just rip into pieces.
    Instead of using your cast, if you get Tidal Dash (knockback on dash) you can just slam enemies into walls and lava for huge damage boosts. Get some nice boons to upgrade this and you can just spam cn_A all your way out of hell. Best thing about this is that is doesn't matter which weapon you bring
  • SuperS0nicSamSuperS0nicSam2,187,778
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 00:34
    I just use the bow and get the power up that lets you hold x to rapid fire your attack. Then just hold x and win. Super easy, and this method hasn't lost me a run yet. Boons don't matter, just get ones that upgrade attack.
  • Insane 100sInsane 100s1,271,537
    Posted on 07 October 21 at 05:42
    I love using the Adament Rail with the aspect that after you reload next shot is empowered. With certain mirror upgrades you can one shot most normal enemies at the start. Get upgrades that increase attack, dash-strike, and most importantly critical chance. Critical can be around 2k damage with 1 shot. Just reload shoot, reload shoot. Makes the game super easy.
    vL Insane Lv
  • neeker75neeker751,646,066
    Posted on 07 October 21 at 06:00, Edited on 07 October 21 at 06:01 by neeker75
    vl Insane lv said:
    I love using the Adament Rail with the aspect that after you reload next shot is empowered. With certain mirror upgrades you can one shot most normal enemies at the start. Get upgrades that increase attack, dash-strike, and most importantly critical chance. Critical can be around 2k damage with 1 shot. Just reload shoot, reload shoot. Makes the game super easy.
    This was actually how I got the "Thorn of Thanatos - Get 30% bonus damage with the Pierced Butterfly" achievement. I was even able to get through the Fury fight without getting hit. This is an under-rated tactic that not many people talks about, and is definitely very useful and OP.
  • Insane 100sInsane 100s1,271,537
    Posted on 07 October 21 at 06:23
    neeker75 said:
    vl Insane lv said:
    This was actually how I got the "Thorn of Thanatos - Get 30% bonus damage with the Pierced Butterfly" achievement. I was even able to get through the Fury fight without getting hit. This is an under-rated tactic that not many people talks about, and is definitely very useful and OP.
    I didn't know about this unfortunately when going for that achievement. I did it with the spear's special so I could keep distance. I found this build out when watching a hades no hit run on youtube.
    vL Insane Lv
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.