Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass for PC newcomer Humankind has a whopping 98 achievements

• New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,338,086
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 04:13
    EarthboundX said:
    evolsoulx said:
    Latinfla4 said:
    When will we get a game with 998 1gs cheevos and 1 that is worth 2gs for winning on insanity hardcore 🤣
    Is there anything preventing something like that? An indie game like https://armorgames.com/play/2893/achievement-unlocked could actually be a lot of fun on xbox, with just constant achievement unlocks
    Didn't Bullet Witch only give you 1G for beating its hardest difficulty?
    Yeah but.... Idk it's not THAT hard. I can do it before the 99G achievement for playing 15 hours.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,001,147
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 04:58, Edited on 18 August 21 at 04:59 by EarthboundX
    New Paralyzer said:
    EarthboundX said:
    evolsoulx said:
    Latinfla4 said:
    When will we get a game with 998 1gs cheevos and 1 that is worth 2gs for winning on insanity hardcore 🤣
    Is there anything preventing something like that? An indie game like https://armorgames.com/play/2893/achievement-unlocked could actually be a lot of fun on xbox, with just constant achievement unlocks
    Yeah but.... Idk it's not THAT hard. I can do it before the 99G achievement for playing 15 hours.
    I still need to go back and finish the game. It was one of those games I played when I just started going after achievements, so I'm not even sure I used guides back then.

Wow, looking at it, it was 11 years ago...
  • ElyohElyoh1,039,188
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 05:08
    As long as they're all obtainable, I'm happy.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Dread ReaverDread Reaver515,893
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 07:15
    GamerScore itself is so arbitrary - any chance we could get the standardised score shown in more places around TA site, and then it wouldn't matter if a cheevo is 1 point or 1000 points? :-)
  • S1yfaS1yfa556,273
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 07:38, Edited on 18 August 21 at 07:39 by S1yfa
    NMANOZ said:
    Forza 5 also had 98 achievements at launch!
    Nope. 78 and 2 DLC with 10 each. But the base 78 did have about 20 or so 0 GS achievements which was.... kind of T10.

Bloons TD6 has 100 achievements though.
  • Posted on 18 August 21 at 08:21
    You lost me at "strategy game" laugh
  • the enskithe enski366,907
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 08:50
    Console commands? I'm waiting for you! wave
  • ALoneWolf42ALoneWolf42383,485
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 08:54
    It looks like a fun game! Reminds me of Civilization 2, the strategy game I’ve spent the most time with.

But yeah, I expect it’s only a matter of time until cheat commands, console unlocks, or modding makes this an instant win. Because, similar games follow that route.
  • KanemanKaneman374,044
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 09:40
    Hopefully no console commands, then I'll buy it.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw808,860
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 13:14
    The game I'm currently playing has 100 achievements. 20 more to go.
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam2,285,347
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 13:27
    EarthboundX said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    EarthboundX said:
    evolsoulx said:
    Latinfla4 said:
    I still need to go back and finish the game. It was one of those games I played when I just started going after achievements, so I'm not even sure I used guides back then.

I can also back up that it was a pretty simple completion. I remember really liking that game and downloaded some of those outfits for the MC
  • Posted on 18 August 21 at 13:59
    EarthboundX said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    EarthboundX said:
    evolsoulx said:
    Latinfla4 said:

I ran through it about a year ago and remember being able to just activate the crow ability and run past most fights, even on the hardest difficulty. As the other person said: it wasn't incredibly difficult but was frustrating due to the fact that enemies/bosses were INSANE sponges and you never really had an accurate way to determine how close they were to dying.

OT: Not a fan of strategy games so i'll likely pass on this unless some sort of CC gets discovereddance
    Posted on 18 August 21 at 19:24
    The S bot 9000 said:
    EarthboundX said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    EarthboundX said:
    evolsoulx said:
    Latinfla4 said:

I ran through it about a year ago and remember being able to just activate the crow ability and run past most fights, even on the hardest difficulty. As the other person said: it wasn't incredibly difficult but was frustrating due to the fact that enemies/bosses were INSANE sponges and you never really had an accurate way to determine how close they were to dying.

OT: Not a fan of strategy games so i'll likely pass on this unless some sort of CC gets discovereddance
    Lmfao that's how you do it. The game has a few sections that's pretty rough but if you spam crows you can ignore the rough sections haha
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 02:28
    New Paralyzer said:
    The S bot 9000 said:
    EarthboundX said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    EarthboundX said:
    evolsoulx said:
    Latinfla4 said:

Lmfao that's how you do it. The game has a few sections that's pretty rough but if you spam crows you can ignore the rough sections haha
    Looking at my list, looks like the last ach I got was beating the game on normal. So I must have quit on the last boss on hard mode, as I recall I quit the game after fighting the boss for what felt like forever, as it has so much health.
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 08:08
    EarthboundX said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    The S bot 9000 said:
    EarthboundX said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    EarthboundX said:
    evolsoulx said:
    Latinfla4 said:

Looking at my list, looks like the last ach I got was beating the game on normal. So I must have quit on the last boss on hard mode, as I recall I quit the game after fighting the boss for what felt like forever, as it has so much health.
    Yep, he can take like an hour or longer. Hella sucks if he kills you.
    Posted on 19 August 21 at 11:38
    New Paralyzer said:
    EarthboundX said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    The S bot 9000 said:
    EarthboundX said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    EarthboundX said:
    evolsoulx said:
    Latinfla4 said:

Yep, he can take like an hour or longer. Hella sucks if he kills you.
    That might have been what happened, he killed me after a close to an hour, and I said screw this. I wouldn't have given up so easily now.
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,208,466
    Posted on 22 August 21 at 00:32
    Just got bulletwitch at gamestop for 5 bucks and yeah a game giving constant 1gs cheevos would be fun if the replayability is worth it😎. Downloaded the jap version of msss effect on gamepass just to pop all those cheevos while playing it again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.