Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

We now have guides for all Twelve Minutes achievements

• Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:05
    Struggling with some of the obtuse achievement descriptions in Xbox Game Pass newcomer Twelve Minutes? If you can't work out what you're supposed to do, never fear — the TA community has come to your rescue!

Please click here to read the full story: We now have guides for all Twelve Minutes achievements
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:06
    How nice
    daringDK2006
  • Fear The PeopleFear The People1,118,616
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:12, Edited on 20 August 21 at 11:16 by Fear The People
    Could just be me, but why is this an article? Are we gonna post articles for every game when it gets achievement guides? laugh.

No hate, just interested because i dont think ive seen any news posts like this before
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:15
    I don't mind that. I was waiting for guides for all before I started so useful prompt
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:25, Edited on 20 August 21 at 11:25 by BadRubberPiggy
    Fear The People said:
    Could just be me, but why is this an article? Are we gonna post articles for every game when it gets achievement guides? laugh.

No hate, just interested because i dont think ive seen any news posts like this before
    We were just going to stick a tweet out originally, but I thought I'd see how this went down instead. It's not something we'd do for every game but for bigger releases where unlock criteria are vague like this, I think it's useful for people who are waiting and a cool way to shout out people who contribute the guides themselves.
  • JohnnieMonkeyJohnnieMonkey1,483,222
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:27
    Just do yourself a favor and avoid this tedious, repetitive, tedious, repetitive, tedious, repetitive garbage. I got suckered by the unusual concept and the A-list voice talent. I give them credit for trying, but it is soooooo booooooring.
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:31
    Fear The People said:

If you had played the game you'd know this is pretty newsworthy. It's an incredibly vague game, with vague achievement descriptions and unless you want to spoil the entire game for yourself it's incredibly hard to figure out how to beat it, let alone get the achievements.
    One does not simply stop playing xbox
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:33
    JohnnieMonkey said:
    Just do yourself a favor and avoid this tedious, repetitive, tedious, repetitive, tedious, repetitive garbage. I got suckered by the unusual concept and the A-list voice talent. I give them credit for trying, but it is soooooo booooooring.
    I played about 2h 30m last night when it released and yeah I can agree with you on that. At least they have a skip button for dialogue, but it is very frustrating when you mess up a loop and you have to attempt to restart a new loop. A lot of my time playing was waiting around for stuff to happen.
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:35
    JohnnieMonkey said:
    Isn't the concept quite literally that it's a repetitive loop of 12 minutes?
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:36
    YaIrishMick96 said:
    JohnnieMonkey said:
    I played about 2h 30m last night when it released and yeah I can agree with you on that. At least they have a skip button for dialogue, but it is very frustrating when you mess up a loop and you have to attempt to restart a new loop. A lot of my time playing was waiting around for stuff to happen.
    I played it around 3 hours now, too and I like the game really much. The riddles are nice and I got though the main game without help and was very interested in everything. Everything was a riddle, like the paintings and objects. And nearly everything had a meaning for something. However, it is really tedious to drop a loop or make a mistake at the ending and have to play the whole game again to the end. But it's worth it I think. And with the guides for the achievements it shouldn't be that bad anymore. The rating itself shows, that it's a good point and click with nice riddles.
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:37
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    JohnnieMonkey said:
    Exactly this!
  • JohnnieMonkeyJohnnieMonkey1,483,222
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 11:55
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    It is, and the idea is that with each loop you learn something new that allows you to play the next loop slightly differently which allows you to progress a little further. But figuring out how to use the new information can take a few loops where you don't manage to do anything new, and after a couple hours of that I was exhausted.

I suspect this will be a very polarizing game. Either you'll love the challenge of trying to find something different each time, or you'll get so sick of hearing the same dialogue over and over and over and over you'll want to kill yourself. Or at least kill the script writers.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz585,435
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 12:00
    Can anyone who's finished it let us know if it's worth dipping into these Achievement guides beforehand and not let it spoil the story. Kinda like Life is Strange?

I'm trying to get a spoiler free organic playthrough done if I can. Is it easy to snag the cheevos later? I.e. chapter select or?
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip3,752,723
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 12:45
    I did like 5 or 6 loops legit before boredom set in then followed a guide for the other 7 or so I had to do. What a boring and repetitive game. A few of those loops were just changing one dialogue choice to get a different response. I was expecting some like major scene changes (like outcome based, not location). The game was a major letdown.
  • CrypticCryptic854,729
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 13:16
    Fantastic, gonna play this later for the completion
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 13:30
    I saw this game and thought to myself "Oh brother".
  • Posted on 20 August 21 at 13:34
    FiveWizz said:
    Can anyone who's finished it let us know if it's worth dipping into these Achievement guides beforehand and not let it spoil the story. Kinda like Life is Strange?

I'm trying to get a spoiler free organic playthrough done if I can. Is it easy to snag the cheevos later? I.e. chapter select or?
    Well I looked at one guide and it was not marked for spoilers and I had something pretty big plot wise spoiled on me. I'm hoping for a spoiler sensitive walkthrough that just tells you what to press/interact with, one with warnings like I've seen in many other guides
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz585,435
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 13:51
    YaIrishMick96 said:
    FiveWizz said:

Well I looked at one guide and it was not marked for spoilers and I had something pretty big plot wise spoiled on me. I'm hoping for a spoiler sensitive walkthrough that just tells you what to press/interact with, one with warnings like I've seen in many other guides
    Ok thanks for that. Sorry about that too. I'll refrain from looking at them for now. Tbh I reckon I'll cave and just start playing it with no help soon. One of the few games that has compelled me to do so. But still kinda curious how long it will take to mop them up later
  • DigitalAtlasDigitalAtlas403,006
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 14:45
    Fear The People said:

It's a highly sought after game + the achievements are very cryptic.
  • Burty JrBurty Jr912,251
    Posted on 20 August 21 at 16:08
    If you start this, take it very slowly. I ended up having to do a couple restarts after missing some specific achievement requirements. Guess that comes with playing it before a walkthrough is posted though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.