Game Discussion: HUMANKIND (Windows)

achievements not unlocking?

• TheChrisDTheChrisD178,711
    Posted on 20 January 22 at 19:36, Edited on 20 January 22 at 21:43 by TheChrisD
    Today's patch currently downloading (or rather the entire game is downloading once again, thanks buggy Xbox app...), will test the unobtainables in a bit.

EDIT: Falling Out still not triggering in any way, neither achievement nor in-game accolade. Landstalker still triggering in-game accolade but no achievement.

EDIT EDIT: It seems we have a sixth to add to the list, as the mod required for the new zero-G achievement has not yet been released:
    HUMANKIND (Windows)Close Encounters of the Endless KindThe Close Encounters of the Endless Kind achievement in HUMANKIND (Windows) worth 0 pointsFinish a game with the Official ENDLESS™ Mod activated.
  • Posted on 22 January 22 at 12:45
    I found it in the in-game store and was able to use it just fine.
    Posted on 22 January 22 at 14:39
    Epsilon Theta said:
    I found it in the in-game store and was able to use it just fine.
    Definitely wasn't there when I checked on Thursday.

EDIT: Ah, sure enough. "Release Date: January 21st, 2022"
    Guess that puts my flag submission out of date then!
  • EurydaceEurydace621,913
    Posted on 02 February 22 at 21:35
    wait a minute... SOMEONE GOT LANDSTALKER?!?!?!

HUMANKIND (Windows)LandstalkerSeavyanThe Landstalker achievement in HUMANKIND (Windows) worth 10 pointsFinish a game possessing at least half the territories.
  • Posted on 04 February 22 at 09:38
    Messaged them, no response yet. It seems they only started the game recently.
    Tried with the new version of the game, no luck.
    Posted on 18 March 22 at 00:46
    There's now a second Landstalker unlocker. I still haven't been able to get it despite completing new games, and despite it showing as unlocked in my in-game achievement list — it's still showing as "2% complete" on my Xbox profile.

HUMANKIND (Windows)Landstalkerda stealthThe Landstalker achievement in HUMANKIND (Windows) worth 10 pointsFinish a game possessing at least half the territories.
  • Posted on 21 March 22 at 12:17
    Absolutely. I had messages the first but never received an answer.
  • Posted on 29 March 22 at 00:09
    Was really looking forward to trying this since it keeps getting advertised on my Instagram but damn with this type of developer support F that.
  • Gaz PwnageGaz Pwnage730,899
    Posted on 23 April 22 at 14:36
    Looks like this game has been patched again recently, anyone tried the pops to see if they unlock?
  • Posted on 23 April 22 at 19:14
    Patch dropped yesterday. Patch notes don't mention any of those achievements getting fixed. https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/for...

To be honest, I doubt they will get fixed. I have spent hours after each patch in Discord talking to them and have a forum thread to submit the bugs. Nothing happened so far. With this kind of support, I am hesitant to support Amplitude any further.
  • da stealthda stealth147,922
    Posted on 17 July 22 at 09:22
    TheChrisD said:
    There's now a second Landstalker unlocker. I still haven't been able to get it despite completing new games, and despite it showing as unlocked in my in-game achievement list — it's still showing as "2% complete" on my Xbox profile.

HUMANKIND (Windows)Landstalkerda stealthThe Landstalker achievement in HUMANKIND (Windows) worth 10 pointsFinish a game possessing at least half the territories.
    I got "Non-Stat Tracked" because of getting this achievement but I'll let you know what I did and how. Disclaimer: I have only been playing the game since early February which is after the game had been patched. I never played a Humankind game prior to this on my profile.

I started a new game against 2 other bots on the tiny map. I setup the maps so that there was as small amount of water, including lakes as possible as in the game I was trying to build as much of the landmass as I possibly could. I also set my win condition to be on pollution or conquer only. When playing the game, I defeated 1 enemy and restricted the other to only 1 region so that I could amass as much of the land. When I decided I was finished with my experiment, I conquered the last enemy and absorbed their kingdom also (I owned 100% of the possible landmass on the game with a large potion of it having buildings). Upon the game finishing the achievement popped and I though nothing of it.

I don't know why this achievement unlocked for me and not for others. Take it how you want but I didn't do anything out of the ordinary as far as I'm concerned when I was playing the game that unlocked this achievement.
  • GPUPLAYERGPUPLAYER205,748
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 13:50
    I checked TruSteam Achievement site: TrueSteamAchievements, and there's no unobtainable achievement. Is it the Steam version same like the GP version?
  • Posted on 05 October 22 at 17:06
    All achievements work on Steam as of last patch. The GP version hasn't been on par with that version, ever.
  • Posted on 13 November 22 at 13:05
    Has anyone tried getting the Wonder-full achievement since the Nov 9 update?
  • Posted on 13 November 22 at 13:49
    I lost faith in them fixing anything at this point. I assumed them postponing the Xbox launch was them realising that they still hadn't addressed some of the issues from the Windows version and needed more time. So, frankly, until that version launches, I am not even willing to try.
  • Posted yesterday at 18:25
    I can confirm that Wonder-Full is now obtainable.
  • Posted yesterday at 18:40
    That is indeed great news. Did you have any chance with the other achievements?
  • Posted today at 05:06
    I did the requirements for Landstalker and it unlocked in game, but not on xbox, but after playing another match it now shows that I haven’t unlocked it (so that’s broken)

I also did the requirement for Fallong Out with no luck.

Haven’t tried MVP and One Man Army.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.