The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Gamescom 2021 sale is now live

• CanezzaCanezza146,320
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 10:56
    The Xbox Gamescom 2021 sale is now live on the Microsoft Store, offering discounts of up to 75% on big titles such as Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Resident Evil 3, Watch Dogs: Legion, and many more.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Gamescom 2021 sale is now live
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo262,383
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 10:57
    Ah yes, another screw you Australia sale. We get a lot of those.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn703,236
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 11:06
    MugenKairo said:
    Still a good percentage off what we normally pay anyway. Price we pay for having a decent quality of life here I guess. Well, normally anyway...
  • WulfTekWulfTek710,078
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 11:06
    Hitman 2 on sale but no Hitman 3? Why?
  • Dfaultz vDfaultz v253,372
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 11:15
    you know you guys can just buy off the brazilian microsoft store (i believe) ? i do this and i live in the uk. Games are often near half the price of games in the uk and its a life saver since i realised a few months ago.

WithTheDawn said:
    MugenKairo said:
    Still a good percentage off what we normally pay anyway. Price we pay for having a decent quality of life here I guess. Well, normally anyway...
  • Brave TanukiBrave Tanuki235,889
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 11:20
    The sale is only live in Europe...
    So this is what it feels like... 😔 Alexa, play SadStarSpangledBanner.mp3
  • xNotStopEvilxNotStopEvil275,384
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 11:25
    ★ 360 ★ only 3 games :(
  • vegansoundvegansound850,046
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 11:41
    What are the differences with week's Deals With GOLD?! shock
  • Posted on 25 August 21 at 11:50
    WithTheDawn said:
    MugenKairo said:
    I think they're referring to the fact there's less games on sale than other regions
  • Posted on 25 August 21 at 11:55
    vegansound said:
    What are the differences with week's Deals With GOLD?! shock
    I think they were already live yesterday so it was all included in that post when they were picked up?
  • Posted on 25 August 21 at 12:05
    And still no Resident Evil Village on sale😒😒
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,586,953
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 12:24
    I'm seeing these sales even though I'm in the US.

Oh wait I see, there's way more sales if you leave the USA section.
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,363,940
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 12:29
    I swear I saw this sale already yesterday. I live in the EU.
  • PinckneyPinckney111,276
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 12:32
    Is it worth buying the ultimate or deluxe version of FM7? Thinking about buying it before it is de-listed.
    Pinckney
  • Posted on 25 August 21 at 12:42
    Is it just me or the US sale only showing like 15 games?
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,188,364
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 12:49
    Wow, Xbox 360 DLC is being listed again? That's awesome!
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG169,932
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 13:14, Edited on 25 August 21 at 13:15 by PirateRyanG
    Dfaultz v said:
    you know you guys can just buy off the brazilian microsoft store (i believe) ? i do this and i live in the uk. Games are often near half the price of games in the uk and its a life saver since i realised a few months ago.

WithTheDawn said:
    MugenKairo said:
    '

You're the very reason why a lot of publishers are starting to ditch regional pricing.

You may save money, but you are just screwing the actual inhabitants of that country.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,640
  • BobbyTasticBobbyTastic200,525
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 13:50, Edited on 25 August 21 at 14:08 by BobbyTastic
    PirateRyanG said:
    Dfaultz v said:

WithTheDawn said:
    MugenKairo said:
    '

You're the very reason why a lot of publishers are starting to ditch regional pricing.

You may save money, but you are just screwing the actual inhabitants of that country.
    No, games being region-free is an excuse for universal pricing. They've shown that if they are ACTUALLY concerned about losing money due to games being cheap in a particular region, that a region lock CAN be implemented (see: Argentina which requires an Argentinian IP for purchase/gift redemption even on Xbox). Anything else is just them gauging the rest of the world because it's easier and more profitable.
    Sure this can be circumvented with VPNs, but MS keeps a record of your log-in IPs and it'd be easy to enforce if they cared to do so (which they don't seem to, for now). It's telling that MS is far more on top of people using VPNs for Microsoft Rewards than they are people using VPNs for cheap regional prices.
    Edit: Personally, I don't bother with out of region purchases in general, but especially ones that require a VPN because I think that EVENTUALLY the hammer will come down due to publisher pressure. So I don't condone doing so.
  • IAmSAMU3LxIAmSAMU3Lx305,200
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 14:26, Edited on 25 August 21 at 14:28 by IAmSAMU3Lx
    BustaKillah13 said:
    And still no Resident Evil Village on sale😒😒
    Mate the game has been out barely 3 months why would it be on sale laugh laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.