The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Gamescom 2021 sale is now live

• EveryBaseEveryBase351,472
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 14:27, Edited on 25 August 21 at 14:28 by EveryBase
    BobbyTastic said:
    PirateRyanG said:
    Dfaultz v said:
    you know you guys can just buy off the brazilian microsoft store (i believe) ? i do this and i live in the uk. Games are often near half the price of games in the uk and its a life saver since i realised a few months ago.

WithTheDawn said:
    MugenKairo said:
    Ah yes, another screw you Australia sale. We get a lot of those.
    Still a good percentage off what we normally pay anyway. Price we pay for having a decent quality of life here I guess. Well, normally anyway...
    '

You're the very reason why a lot of publishers are starting to ditch regional pricing.

You may save money, but you are just screwing the actual inhabitants of that country.
    No, games being region-free is an excuse for universal pricing. They've shown that if they are ACTUALLY concerned about losing money due to games being cheap in a particular region, that a region lock CAN be implemented (see: Argentina which requires an Argentinian IP for purchase/gift redemption even on Xbox). Anything else is just them gauging the rest of the world because it's easier and more profitable.
    Sure this can be circumvented with VPNs, but MS keeps a record of your log-in IPs and it'd be easy to enforce if they cared to do so (which they don't seem to, for now). It's telling that MS is far more on top of people using VPNs for Microsoft Rewards than they are people using VPNs for cheap regional prices.
    Edit: Personally, I don't bother with out of region purchases in general, but especially ones that require a VPN because I think that EVENTUALLY the hammer will come down due to publisher pressure. So I don't condone doing so.
    I can confirm the VPN thing is being allowed. I wasn't even coy about it I binged on 5 Argentina codes that were dirt cheap and all went thru within 5 minutes of one another. I use Brazil for cheap 12 month live codes. I figure if it was a problem MS wouldn't allow it. But they do so...
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 14:42
    The Cherished said:
    Wow, Xbox 360 DLC is being listed again? That's awesome!
    Such a shame it's nearly empty thou. A whole lot of 360 DLC I'm waiting for a sale still. Looking at you Keflings shock
  • Dfaultz vDfaultz v253,372
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 14:57
    SheBeatsYou said:
    BobbyTastic said:
    PirateRyanG said:
    Dfaultz v said:
    you know you guys can just buy off the brazilian microsoft store (i believe) ? i do this and i live in the uk. Games are often near half the price of games in the uk and its a life saver since i realised a few months ago.

WithTheDawn said:
    MugenKairo said:
    Still a good percentage off what we normally pay anyway. Price we pay for having a decent quality of life here I guess. Well, normally anyway...
    '

You're the very reason why a lot of publishers are starting to ditch regional pricing.

You may save money, but you are just screwing the actual inhabitants of that country.
    No, games being region-free is an excuse for universal pricing. They've shown that if they are ACTUALLY concerned about losing money due to games being cheap in a particular region, that a region lock CAN be implemented (see: Argentina which requires an Argentinian IP for purchase/gift redemption even on Xbox). Anything else is just them gauging the rest of the world because it's easier and more profitable.
    Sure this can be circumvented with VPNs, but MS keeps a record of your log-in IPs and it'd be easy to enforce if they cared to do so (which they don't seem to, for now). It's telling that MS is far more on top of people using VPNs for Microsoft Rewards than they are people using VPNs for cheap regional prices.
    Edit: Personally, I don't bother with out of region purchases in general, but especially ones that require a VPN because I think that EVENTUALLY the hammer will come down due to publisher pressure. So I don't condone doing so.
    I can confirm the VPN thing is being allowed. I wasn't even coy about it I binged on 5 Argentina codes that were dirt cheap and all went thru within 5 minutes of one another. I use Brazil for cheap 12 month live codes. I figure if it was a problem MS wouldn't allow it. But they do so...
    i dont even use a vpn and it seems to work. im not the most tech savvy to understand it all. But ive just been able to use without a vpn :) If MS let us do it then why pay more for something right? :)
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 15:06
    Dfaultz v said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    BobbyTastic said:
    PirateRyanG said:
    Dfaultz v said:

WithTheDawn said:
    MugenKairo said:
    '

i dont even use a vpn and it seems to work. im not the most tech savvy to understand it all. But ive just been able to use without a vpn :) If MS let us do it then why pay more for something right? :)
    Especially for digital goods, they hold no value. I get everything on sale anyways whether it's today or 2 years from now. Capitalism
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,188,141
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 17:24
    Nothing really piques my interest here but I might pick up LA Cops... I know it's older and not that great but I enjoyed it on the PS4. Can't really argue with the price either.
    Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,415
    Posted on 25 August 21 at 23:46
    Some things in this list I'd bite on if I didn't already have them, looks like a pass for the rest
  • BasileusBasileus263,817
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 09:15
    MugenKairo said:
    Well, you get other sales that us Europeans do not have, therefore...
  • Posted on 26 August 21 at 11:30
    Much better stuff in the normal weekly sale
  • NB PoofsNB Poofs79,024
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 13:48
    Is dying light 1 delisted in Germany? Strange, dont see it in the shop.
  • ReqquReqqu1,212,839
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 13:55
    It is surreal how good Clouldpunk is.
  • ShakasoShakaso875,320
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 14:20
    NB Poofs said:
    Is dying light 1 delisted in Germany? Strange, dont see it in the shop.
    It was never sold in germany to beginn with, atleast not officialy.
  • Posted on 26 August 21 at 15:42
    Valhalla and Witcher 3 in the photo, yet not on sale?
  • Scorpionxx0Scorpionxx0385,218
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 17:06
    Why do they never put raiden v on sale?
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I542,566
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 18:25
    AC Valhalla not on sale in the US then?
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,358,470
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 20:44
    This looks like the same stuff which was posted Tuesday oO
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • EMBICKEMBICK668,918
    Posted on 26 August 21 at 21:56
    mehhhh recycled stuff over n over i would really love to see games that are never on sale on sale for just once a lotta these 360s games arent worth 30usd digital or even 20 fear 2 is 20/30 that game hasnt been on sale in prob over 10 years
  • LeXXuzLeXXuz809,032
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 08:22
    Alien: Isolation for 21,99€? Uhm... shock
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 09:06
    IAmSAMU3Lx said:
    BustaKillah13 said:
    And still no Resident Evil Village on sale😒😒
    Mate the game has been out barely 3 months why would it be on sale laugh laugh
    Look at the Scarlet Nexus??
  • xNotStopEvilxNotStopEvil275,384
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 09:17
    BustaKillah13 said:
    IAmSAMU3Lx said:
    BustaKillah13 said:
    Sorry for this comment but... You are crazy bro
  • IAmSAMU3LxIAmSAMU3Lx305,200
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 09:20, Edited on 27 August 21 at 09:20 by IAmSAMU3Lx
    xNotStopEvil said:
    BustaKillah13 said:
    IAmSAMU3Lx said:
    BustaKillah13 said:
    Sorry for this comment but... You are crazy bro
    You don't have to make an apology, stand by your words mate. Why though?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.