TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

TA Playlist game for September 2021 announced

• ShinnizleShinnizle2,096,573
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:08, Edited on 27 August 21 at 14:08 by Shinnizle
    ManicMetalhead said:
    It'll get there and everyone will have a lovely month of testing laugh
    Where they'll witness the greatness of Cave Johnson and his amazing quotes... and his hate of lemons.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • J PinderJ Pinder877,151
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:19
    ManicMetalhead said:
    TangerineGamer said:
    DynamicWolfNLD said:
    L15RH said:
    Does the win10 version of Wolfenstein New Order count for this?
    Would like to know this for the 360 version as well.
    Yes, any version of the game counts
    This is correct, same as with every Playlist. Playing any version of the game will count towards the month’s participation toast
    Except the PS2 version of Bully. >_>
  • FalensaranoFalensarano1,273,316
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:20
    Excellent game!
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,327,928
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:41
    What an awesome game. Best in the series on Xbox by far. Happy that people will hopefully use this as an excuse to experience the game now.
  • ManicMetalheadManicMetalhead1,127,641
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:48
    J Pinder said:
    ManicMetalhead said:
    TangerineGamer said:
    DynamicWolfNLD said:
    L15RH said:
    This is correct, same as with every Playlist. Playing any version of the game will count towards the month’s participation toast
    I'm afraid that's slightly out of our scope here on TA, and I don't have enough time (or game experience) to run a TT Playlist I'm afraid (I would if I could!)
    TA Playlist organiser, TA Walkthrough Assistant Manager and TA Moderator.
  • Sir PaulygonSir Paulygon1,388,749
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:56
    Was hoping for Portal 2, but I adore Wolfenstein even more, so I'm happy!
    Don't worry about criticism from people that you wouldn't seek advice from.
  • DjuddDjudd1,260,749
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 16:25
    Two cheevos left in New Order, guess it's time to finish it in September smile
  • EthigyEthigy1,371,607
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 16:40
    So far only played Wolfenstein on the 360. May need to get around to this soon.
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 17:32
    Back to back months of games I've already completed. Shooter fans who haven't played this Wolfenstein entry are going to enjoy it!
  • PangoBaraPangoBara2,773,988
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 17:42
    ManicMetalhead said:
    J Pinder said:
    ManicMetalhead said:
    TangerineGamer said:
    DynamicWolfNLD said:
    L15RH said:
    I'm afraid that's slightly out of our scope here on TA, and I don't have enough time (or game experience) to run a TT Playlist I'm afraid (I would if I could!)
    It wouldn't work on TT either lol

You at least used to be able to get credit for discussing the game, posting a screenshot, etc...
    Technically you could just talk about PS2 Bully in the forums and get credit lmao
  • atryeu1atryeu1446,984
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 17:44
    Enjoy the game everybody! I finished it years ago after I bought it while I was on dialup still so my list is all marked offline. It was a great game and I had lots of fun with it! I don't recall the hardest difficulty being that bad either in my opinion. I'll work on my backlog again instead it seems :D
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,376,332
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 17:45
    Great game but I've completed it cry. Guess I'll continue on with my backlog and GP games.
    Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way.
  • DmCTHREE6DmCTHREE6803,643
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 17:50
    I'll play the version with the highest TA score.
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 17:53
    atryeu1 said:
    Enjoy the game everybody! I finished it years ago after I bought it while I was on dialup still so my list is all marked offline. It was a great game and I had lots of fun with it! I don't recall the hardest difficulty being that bad either in my opinion. I'll work on my backlog again instead it seems :D
    If I remember right, I beat the whole game on Uber difficulty then looked at the achievement and found out that there is a glitch where all i actually had to do was play the last level on it lmao

Uber still isn't too bad though and actually made the game more fun imo
  • atryeu1atryeu1446,984
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 19:48, Edited on 27 August 21 at 19:50 by atryeu1
    PangoBara said:
    atryeu1 said:
    If I remember right, I beat the whole game on Uber difficulty then looked at the achievement and found out that there is a glitch where all i actually had to do was play the last level on it lmao

Haha that's funny. I didn't know about it either I guess though because I ran through on Uber too and while it's been quite a few years now I don't recall much for problems. Editing to add I likely didn't know because I had dialup at the time and it sometimes would take 20-60+ minutes to load 1 page of a site so I didn't lookup much info online obviously :P

I loved the game and want to replay it some day (along with many others) but there are so many I haven't played at all so those take priority at the moment. I want to replay Wolf 3D too. I had that for DOS when I was a kid and played that and the original Doom a lot on PC a long time ago. It was so fun to replay that on Xbox 360 after all these years. I think the hardest difficulty on Wolf 3D was much harder than Wolf TNO honestly but at least you have all those unlimited manual saves to help you through :P I think TNO only had auto saves, or was there a manual save system too?
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 20:08
    Love it
    Frenchy Wardaddy
  • AlgurAlgur471,260
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 22:50
    Yes! Time to finish it!
  • AlgurAlgur471,260
    Posted on 28 August 21 at 04:06
    atryeu1 said:
    PangoBara said:
    atryeu1 said:

Haha that's funny. I didn't know about it either I guess though because I ran through on Uber too and while it's been quite a few years now I don't recall much for problems. Editing to add I likely didn't know because I had dialup at the time and it sometimes would take 20-60+ minutes to load 1 page of a site so I didn't lookup much info online obviously :P

I loved the game and want to replay it some day (along with many others) but there are so many I haven't played at all so those take priority at the moment. I want to replay Wolf 3D too. I had that for DOS when I was a kid and played that and the original Doom a lot on PC a long time ago. It was so fun to replay that on Xbox 360 after all these years. I think the hardest difficulty on Wolf 3D was much harder than Wolf TNO honestly but at least you have all those unlimited manual saves to help you through :P I think TNO only had auto saves, or was there a manual save system too?
    Dial up was still around as of 2014?
  • atryeu1atryeu1446,984
    Posted on 28 August 21 at 05:46
    Algur said:
    atryeu1 said:
    PangoBara said:
    atryeu1 said:

It still is around now although I don't know how anybody can use it... it got to where basic emails would take 20min to download and a trip to a page like Facebook or Amazon would take hours for just a couple of page loads due to timeouts. I've only had access to satellite internet now for about 4yrs I think and before that was dialup (24k dialup, I didn't even have access to 56k on the phone lines so my download speed was 2.5kbps lol). Lots of people live out in the country and even with the government grants or whatever for getting "high speed internet to everybody" a ton of people don't have access still. I know when Washington state got a big bunch of money for all that a long time ago they just upgraded everybody that already had access and literally went up and over my county and bypassed us completely. Haha, no cell service here either, and we pick up 1 tv channel LoL I'm around 20 miles outside of town. It's pretty sad considering technology is pretty much everything now days -_-
    Posted on 28 August 21 at 12:11
    Algur said:
    atryeu1 said:
    PangoBara said:
    atryeu1 said:

I didn't have dial up back then, but I had a super outdated version of Verizon (cuz my family had little money).
    I remember downloading games at like 1 kb/s lmao. Halo MCC took me soooooo long to download
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads