Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gamescom Awards winners led by Bandai Namco, Xbox, and Ubisoft

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs292,466
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:15
    The Gamescom Awards' winners have been announced, with Bandai Namco winning six of the awards — with Elden Ring picking up four — including Best Line-up. Xbox and Ubisoft came in behind with three awards each...

Please click here to read the full story: Gamescom Awards winners led by Bandai Namco, Xbox, and Ubisoft
  • EveryBaseEveryBase351,832
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:19
    Best announcement Saints Row? laugh
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:20
    Really looking forward to Elden Ring.
  • Corrupt XBACorrupt XBA2,737,054
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:35
    Awards given to a bunch of games that aren't released yet? Okay
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:39
    Best PS game is a multi-plat... oof.
  • brooza664brooza664318,462
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:54
    So this is just hype awards
    I think I worded that terribly
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,157,741
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 14:57, Edited on 27 August 21 at 14:57 by xPut Name Herex
    Corrupt XBA said:
    Awards given to a bunch of games that aren't released yet? Okay
    It is pretty common for game shows to have their own awards (see E3 every year). The guys at GiantBomb during their Gamescon stream mentioned from their experience voting in such awards that there's usually minimum requirements for being eligible (such as being playable, even if it was just one very polished section). Admittedly there is frustration that they were just handing them out on Opening Night Live without mentioning what said criteria was for this particular year compute
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 15:00
    UnarmedGorilla said:
    Best PS game is a multi-plat... oof.
    Best Xbox game is multi-plat too if you think about it.

In fact, all three games nominated for both Xbox and PlayStation are multi-platform.

https://www.gamescom.global/the-gamescom/gamescom-award/#nom...
    the forums on this site are so ignored and outdated, it makes the WWF forums from the 90s look good.
  • DmCTHREE6DmCTHREE6497,068
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 15:03
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Yeah, first I was excited, but the more I watched the trailer the more I realized this isn't Saints Row at all.
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 15:08, Edited on 27 August 21 at 15:08 by EveryBase
    DmCTHREE6 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    Yeah, first I was excited, but the more I watched the trailer the more I realized this isn't Saints Row at all.
    A lot of people aren't thrilled. It's almost right down the middle with up and downvotes. Now that it is being discussed on Twitter and Youtube influencers I'm sure it's gonna get worse for the game. Its being called Agents of Mayhem 2. It's not just the Hypster characters but the tone too a lot of people wanted the old school gritty gang tone like the original game.
  • Thief000Thief000903,784
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 15:15
    Can't disagree with Elden Ring, but Saints Row, really?
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 15:15
    SheBeatsYou said:
    I'm stoked about the announcement. I loved SR3 and enjoyed SR4. The trailer has no gameplay footage, so it's hard to know what it will be like, but they have my attention.
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 15:26
    RepentantHades7 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    I'm stoked about the announcement. I loved SR3 and enjoyed SR4. The trailer has no gameplay footage, so it's hard to know what it will be like, but they have my attention.
    I loved all 5 Saints Rows and I have lost all interest in it without even seeing any gameplay. To each their own.
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 15:36
    There's a new trailer out that shows a little more gameplay. I can understand people not liking the characters. Somebody said they were hipsters instead of gangsters. It's a reboot of the franchise, so maybe the crew is less gangster and in future games (or by the end of this game) they'll be more gangster. Either way, I'm not dismissing the game outright nor am I pre-ordering the game (although I never pre-order games).

New Saints Row video shows gameplay and further details the reboot, following fan backlash
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 15:53
    RepentantHades7 said:
    There's a new trailer out that shows a little more gameplay. I can understand people not liking the characters. Somebody said they were hipsters instead of gangsters. It's a reboot of the franchise, so maybe the crew is less gangster and in future games (or by the end of this game) they'll be more gangster. Either way, I'm not dismissing the game outright nor am I pre-ordering the game (although I never pre-order games).

New Saints Row video shows gameplay and further details the reboot, following fan backlash
    That video just proved what I already knew. Happy at least you like it so they won't be wasting their time.
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 16:31
    SheBeatsYou said:
    I loved all 5 Saints Rows and I have lost all interest in it without even seeing any gameplay.
    I'm not trying to be antagonistic, people can like/dislike any game. I'm just genuinely curious what you disliked about the trailers so much.
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 16:54
    RepentantHades7 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    I loved all 5 Saints Rows and I have lost all interest in it without even seeing any gameplay.
    I'm not trying to be antagonistic, people can like/dislike any game. I'm just genuinely curious what you disliked about the trailers so much.
    I don't like the hipster SJW crowd and a lot of these new games like Watchdog 2 and Legion. Gears 4 and 5 and now this just seems to appeal to that crowd. I just do not relate to that at all. That and I love the old cast of characters and couldn't imagine playing with anyone else. The 3rd Street Saints should have been left in the past if they wanted a new thing. Seeing the logo in the video and the purple just made me gag.

Think of it this way now that I have zero expectations for this game the only way to go is up. They could prove me wrong. Definitely can't make me think any less.
  • DmCTHREE6DmCTHREE6497,068
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 17:50
    SheBeatsYou said:
    RepentantHades7 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    I don't like the hipster SJW crowd and a lot of these new games like Watchdog 2 and Legion. Gears 4 and 5 and now this just seems to appeal to that crowd. I just do not relate to that at all. That and I love the old cast of characters and couldn't imagine playing with anyone else. The 3rd Street Saints should have been left in the past if they wanted a new thing. Seeing the logo in the video and the purple just made me gag.

Think of it this way now that I have zero expectations for this game the only way to go is up. They could prove me wrong. Definitely can't make me think any less.
    It seemed like they were making Agents of Mayhem 2, but then the publisher told them to rename it to Saints Row.
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 19:37, Edited on 27 August 21 at 19:38 by EveryBase
    DmCTHREE6 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    RepentantHades7 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:

It seemed like they were making Agents of Mayhem 2, but then the publisher told them to rename it to Saints Row.
    It's very tone-deaf. Maybe I'm just overreacting but I thought Saints Row had the best and most well-rounded cast of characters second only to the Mass Effect Trilogy. Why you would want to fk that up is beyond me. They promised when Agents of Mayhem sucked that they would go back and do right by Saints Row now it would seem they were referring to the remaster of SR3 because this is def not doing right by SR.
  • etcher1981etcher1981760,407
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 20:37
    Awards for games that are not even out yet? LMAO. Fucking stupid!
    I keeps it realz!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.