The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Gamescom 2021 Sale TA Team Picks (August 27th)

• Posted on 27 August 21 at 18:30
    Microsoft's Xbox sale this week is themed around Gamescom 2021. What an enjoyable time the event was! Game reveals, general good vibes, and sales? What a life we live. Here are some of our picks from the sale!

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Gamescom 2021 Sale TA Team Picks (August 27th)
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,288,359
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 18:33
    Sean is saying: "If you're interested in Star Wars Squadrons, then buy Thronebreaker instead"
    Wrong game info box. laugh
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 27 August 21 at 18:38
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Sean is saying: "If you're interested in Star Wars Squadrons, then buy Thronebreaker instead"
    Wrong game info box. laugh
    Well, he knows what the right choice is really!
    Thank you for tip haha
  • fatDaddy21fatDaddy21519,431
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 23:47
    I admit I stayed away from Immortals because of the dumbed-down spelling change of "Fenyx". After viewing the gameplay, I'll give it a shot despite the goofy accents.
  • LoximLoxim1,101,692
    Posted on 27 August 21 at 23:56
    Immortals isn't on sale for me? Is this sale outside the US?
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,001,147
    Posted on 28 August 21 at 00:55
    Loxim said:
    Immortals isn't on sale for me? Is this sale outside the US?
    Yeah, it's mostly a European sale I believe.
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,170,787
    Posted on 28 August 21 at 01:25, Edited on 28 August 21 at 01:25 by GR34TD3STR0Y3R
    Isn't this just an EU sale. So weird to make games con such a big thing and then not put stuff on sale worldwide. Oh! That's right. The USA got $2000 Halo Xboxes exclusively sold on Ebay.
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • Posted on 28 August 21 at 03:18
    I wasn't into Fenyx. It was pretty messy and uninspired. A game worth playing if one hasn't already played Breath of the Wild, otherwise I'd pass.

Different games for everyone! Hope those who buy it dig it.
    The Ferg
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 August 21 at 03:41, Edited on 28 August 21 at 07:05 by
    The sale is mainly for Europe because Gamescom was created by an association of German companies and has also been held there exclusively. Most of the big titles were also available a few weeks ago in the last "huge" sale so it's not like we're missing out on much.

Thanks for the recommendations. I've been meaning to start Odyssey since they just released a Series X enhancement and I picked up the Gold Edition on sale but I'm now wondering if I should start Immortals instead... they're both lengthy and thematically similar so I know after one, I'll be too burned out to do the other. It's just a question of which will have to be pushed back to next year. laugh
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,331
    Posted on 28 August 21 at 05:47
    Immortals: Fenyx Rising is a great game…

However the Season Pass was a rip off. The DLC is some of the worst I’ve seen.

If you liked Immortals, don’t worry, the Season Pass will offer you more of absolutely NOTHING that you liked.

First DLC: insanely tedious Vaults… for hours… and hours… broken up by nothing at all.

Second DLC: here, play a reskinned version of the base game, we didn’t even bother changing the monster AI, they just look eastern now. The story is short, the characters not very likable, and your abilities are far worse at killing.

Last DLC: here we made an ARPG brawler with the worst fixed camera in the world, we didn’t balance it, we don’t explain the skill system, and we throw endless waves of enemies at you. Oh yeah, we took away auto save because we don’t even remember why anymore. Oh yeah, we never figured out how brawlers are made or why they’re good (or bad) we just made it up!

Seriously the combat loop in the third DLC is worse than indie brawlers made by teams of 5 people…

TLDR: Immortals Season Pass is a horrible rip off, do not reward them by buying it.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285736,299
    Posted on 28 August 21 at 22:19
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I wasn't into Fenyx. It was pretty messy and uninspired

Different games for everyone! Hope those who buy it dig it.
    TymanTheLong said:
    Immortals: Fenyx Rising is a great game…

However the Season Pass was a rip off. The DLC is some of the worst I’ve seen.

If you liked Immortals, don’t worry, the Season Pass will offer you more of absolutely NOTHING that you liked.

First DLC: insanely tedious Vaults… for hours… and hours… broken up by nothing at all.

Second DLC: here, play a reskinned version of the base game, we didn’t even bother changing the monster AI, they just look eastern now. The story is short, the characters not very likable, and your abilities are far worse at killing.

Last DLC: here we made an ARPG brawler with the worst fixed camera in the world, we didn’t balance it, we don’t explain the skill system, and we throw endless waves of enemies at you. Oh yeah, we took away auto save because we don’t even remember why anymore. Oh yeah, we never figured out how brawlers are made or why they’re good (or bad) we just made it up!

Seriously the combat loop in the third DLC is worse than indie brawlers made by teams of 5 people…

TLDR: Immortals Season Pass is a horrible rip off, do not reward them by buying it.
    I kind of liked the game, loved the graphical cartoon style but despised the vault portions so much that I've not even gone back to cleanup everything after finishing it and didn't bother even starting any of the DLC. I wish I'd never started it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.