Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy XIII, The Artful Escape, and six more games join Xbox Game Pass soon

• RarePresenceRarePresence507,618
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 18:52
    Nice have been waiting for breathedge to go on sale👍probably will do now.
  • SliktorSliktor1,042,686
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 19:26
    I liked FF13and 13-2. Hated Lightning Returns. Putting a timer on an RPG like that is just annoying.
  • Posted on 01 September 21 at 19:31, Edited on 01 September 21 at 19:34 by Kriss Hietala
    I've enjoyed ffxiii, ffxiii-2 was meh. collecting monster and using them as companions... is it a final fantasy or pokemon lol? Lightning returns - never finished so can't say if it was good or not. Also the time skipping, different timelines and few moments that were causing achievments to be unobtainable in that playthrough due to choices made. It was really annoying. SOmetimes you had like few places to jump into and I didn't know in what order I should play them. That was chaotic. SOme characters were blocked from joining your team. Were only obtainable on 2nd play.
  • ALollzALollz726,982
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 20:01, Edited on 01 September 21 at 20:02 by ALollz
    I know 13 gets a lot of crap, but I remember it was a game I started playing and then realized it was 8am and I had been playing all through the night.

It was fairly linear but I felt like the story was fine (most FF stories have the same broad strokes) and that the linearity helped stick through that instead of just going off wherever.
  • iagoiago236,928
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 21:03, Edited on 01 September 21 at 21:05 by iago
    Tendoman77 said:
    Isn't 13 known as one of THE worst FF games of the series? or least one of the related spin-off/sequels.
    I really liked it, so much that it was the first console game I did 100% back in the day on PS3. I haven't played that many others apart from a bit FFXV and one play-through of FFVII Remake (plus FF Legend on Game Boy which doesn't count) though. The very linear path in the majority of the chapters of FF XIII was a welcome change from all the open world sandbox games although when you get to a certain point in the story the world opens up which can be a bit overwhelming. Plus, MS' back compatibility team really put in a lot of work on this one as even the pre-rendered cutscenes have a way better quality than they did on Xbox 360 since they had limited space back then.

Just try it out and see for yourself. But the completion estimate is no joke, you'll need quite a bit of grinding for this one.
  • Agent NyborAgent Nybor140,684
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 21:07
    I've never played a final fantasy game. Would this be a good one to start with?
  • BioFire64BioFire64356,337
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 21:46
    I thoroughly enjoyed FF13, ended up being one of the first xbox games I got all the chievos in. As others have commented, being linear doesn't make it a bad game, but it does get a lot better after the game opens up near the end.

I didn't enjoy XIII-2 and thought Lightning returns was absolutely terrible. The gameplay was only good in the first one for me, I only wish the story made more sense!
  • Posted on 01 September 21 at 22:34
    Artful Escape looked fun in some of the first videos. Hopefully it isn't a crazy completion so I can vault it up the backlog a bit!
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,170,913
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 00:50
    Uhhh.. This is the 3rd time I will attempt to get through FF13. The game looks great, its just for me, it misses every mark for an FF game. I remember the music being horrid. Already done with 7, 9, and 10 replay. Almost done with 8. 12 is next. And I guess let's give 13 one more shot.
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,818,839
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 01:02
    Agent Nybor said:
    I've never played a final fantasy game. Would this be a good one to start with?
    I'd say 7, but it's no longer on Gamepass and it's pretty old looking by today's standards if that would bother you. Otherwise I'd say Final Fantasy X, it's far from perfect but it's a good starter one.
  • Posted on 02 September 21 at 01:17, Edited on 02 September 21 at 01:20 by Marcos Aspira
    ShadowRaven9 said:
    Would be cool if FF13 got another Windows stack...

But I'm pretty sure they'll just stick the steam version up and not even care.

I'm pretty I'm also the only one who enjoyed FF13, though it took me about a dozen tries to get into it
    Did anyone try to run it yet? On the Xbox App for PC it shows 0/1000 for my achievements... but I have gamescore on the 360 version.

Maybe it is a bug or really a stack?
  • Posted on 02 September 21 at 01:38
    i played xiii back when it was first released and i recently tried to start it up again on my 360 to see if my views have changed since then. ABSOLUTELY NOT. so many problems that have been mentioned by others already. i think i only finished it so that i can say i finished it and that i can tell others to NOT bother with it.

xiii-2 was definitely an improvement and lightning returns (xiii-3) would have been cool too if they didnt make the ENTIRE game under a giant stopwatch. seriously, who legitimately thought that would be a good idea, especially for a jrpg? before that, the last time i had to follow a guide literally step by step from start to finish was to get 100% in final fantasy x-2.
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9407,504
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 02:15
    Marcos Aspira said:
    ShadowRaven9 said:
    Would be cool if FF13 got another Windows stack...

But I'm pretty sure they'll just stick the steam version up and not even care.

I'm pretty I'm also the only one who enjoyed FF13, though it took me about a dozen tries to get into it
    Did anyone try to run it yet? On the Xbox App for PC it shows 0/1000 for my achievements... but I have gamescore on the 360 version.

Maybe it is a bug or really a stack?
    Pays to the read the article. Didnt realize the game came out today.

I believe this is a new stack
  • Jakez123Jakez1231,704,484
  • Dr MartyDr Marty1,067,356
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 02:25, Edited on 02 September 21 at 02:25 by Dr Marty
    ACxSkywalker said:
    Hmmm I better hurry up and do Final Fantasy X/X-2. Have a bad feeling now…
    The previous FF titles have all stayed on GP for exactly a year.
    Most likely FF12 will leave in Feb.2022 and both FF10 games in May.2022.
  • xCRiMZoNxxCRiMZoNx344,733
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 02:56
    FFXIII and Nuclear Throne for me!
  • Posted on 02 September 21 at 03:45
    I had started up FFXIII again from the Warboats event earlier and still haven't finished it yet. Maybe I'll try to do so now even though I don't need game pass for it :p
  • vVerdyvvVerdyv644,533
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 07:02
    Windows stack baby, I'm going to replay the game. So excited. The premise of the story is cool, God chosen slaves forced to destroy the world or die. Just poorly executed.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 September 21 at 07:03
    Oncogene27 said:
    I'm glad a new generation of people will be able to see how godawful FF XIII is. Hands down the worst combat system in any FF, perhaps even the entire jrpg genre.

Also, Hope is my most hated character in any video game ever. Eric Sparrow from Tony Hawk Underground is more likeable.
    The worst combat system? With the paradigm shifts? That was awesome!
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • mcnichojmcnichoj242,863
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 08:48
    I guess we should expect to see other two FF13 games get ported to Windows 10.
    Then that means the only major RPG titles from Square not on 10 store are Kingdom Hearts franchise, World of FF and Dragon Quest. We'll probably see all these before 2023.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.