Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy XIII, The Artful Escape, and six more games join Xbox Game Pass soon

• ACxSkywalkerACxSkywalker544,787
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 11:00
    Dr Marty said:
    ACxSkywalker said:
    Hmmm I better hurry up and do Final Fantasy X/X-2. Have a bad feeling now…
    The previous FF titles have all stayed on GP for exactly a year.
    Most likely FF12 will leave in Feb.2022 and both FF10 games in May.2022.
    Thanks for the info!
  • Posted on 02 September 21 at 12:56
    I'm very excited to revisit FF XIII. I played FF XIII back when I thought I liked FF and BOY was I wrong. Now that I'm working through the Pixel Remaster versions of I-VI, can't wait to see how XIII hits after X and XII (we'll get to XI later smile)
    The Ferg
  • Ryuukishi634Ryuukishi634727,605
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 13:24, Edited on 02 September 21 at 13:24 by Ryuukishi634
    Tendoman77 said:
    Isn't 13 known as one of THE worst FF games of the series? or least one of the related spin-off/sequels.
    I've played Final Fantasy since the beginning of the series and FF13 is one of my favorites, so :shrug:

Here's hoping the ratios go way up after Game Pass players sample it, like they did with FF12. :)
  • Posted on 02 September 21 at 13:47
    Tendoman77 said:
    Isn't 13 known as one of THE worst FF games of the series? or least one of the related spin-off/sequels.
    Definitely not IMO. The game has its flaws like how the first 10 chapters are pretty Linear but the Combat, story and the characters are great

I bought the game again recently and replayed it to finish up some achievements. Loved it. Its a long grind to 100% though
    LOL after 4 I decided to not play 5. Im not ready for that grind
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion914,301
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 13:53
    xPut Name Herex said:
    I only need the achievements for collecting every item and getting five stars on the final boss in Final Fantasy XIII, so that brings me to the real question: did I remember to upload my save to the cloud from my 360? laugh
    Lol

A few years ago, I went through all of my saves on my 360 and transferred them to the Cloud. The upload speeds were awful but I got it done. There were a few games with really large save files (e.g., Dragon Age Origins) that I skipped due to the limited space on the 360 Cloud (2 gBs). I think I have 600 mBs left. They really should make it unlimited since you can only move save files to it now. Originally you could copy games and DLC to it...but not anymore.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 13:56
    C64 Mat said:
    Oncogene27 said:
    I'm glad a new generation of people will be able to see how godawful FF XIII is. Hands down the worst combat system in any FF, perhaps even the entire jrpg genre.

Also, Hope is my most hated character in any video game ever. Eric Sparrow from Tony Hawk Underground is more likeable.
    The worst combat system? With the paradigm shifts? That was awesome!
    When people say "poor combat systems", typically what they really mean is that they sucked at it because they were too lazy to figure it out.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 September 21 at 14:56
    Boots Orion said:
    C64 Mat said:
    Oncogene27 said:
    I'm glad a new generation of people will be able to see how godawful FF XIII is. Hands down the worst combat system in any FF, perhaps even the entire jrpg genre.

Also, Hope is my most hated character in any video game ever. Eric Sparrow from Tony Hawk Underground is more likeable.
    When people say "poor combat systems", typically what they really mean is that they sucked at it because they were too lazy to figure it out.
    Probably why we ended up with Final Fantasy XV real-time shit.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 15:56
    C64 Mat said:
    Boots Orion said:
    C64 Mat said:
    Oncogene27 said:

You're not good at real-time shit? wink
  • Desi ShinobiDesi Shinobi720,590
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 16:14
    ninjaraiden2003 said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    Its definitely not good. I remember giving up on it and just stopping playing, which is rare for me as I'll usually like to see out any game I play no matter how much of a chore it is.
    I absolutely loved the FFXIII trilogy, I thoroughly enjoyed this series personally.
  • Stormborn64Stormborn64742,248
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 16:21
    not on the site yet, but surgeon simulator 2 is out and the achievement list in on the console
  • Oncogene27Oncogene27466,746
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 16:39
    Boots Orion said:
    C64 Mat said:
    Oncogene27 said:

Typically when people make this claim, it's just a way to be dismissive as they've taken criticism of a game as a personal slight.
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 16:44
    Oncogene27 said:
    Boots Orion said:
    C64 Mat said:
    Oncogene27 said:

Typically when people make this claim, it's just a way to be dismissive as they've taken criticism of a game as a personal slight.
    Good thing I'm not typical.
  • Oncogene27Oncogene27466,746
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 16:46
    Boots Orion said:
    Oncogene27 said:
    Boots Orion said:
    C64 Mat said:
    Oncogene27 said:

Good thing I'm not typical.
    There's a first time for everything it would seem.
    Posted on 02 September 21 at 17:29
    Lol
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 September 21 at 19:57
    Boots Orion said:
    C64 Mat said:
    Boots Orion said:
    C64 Mat said:
    Oncogene27 said:

You're not good at real-time shit? wink
    laugh
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,407,502
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 00:13
    Boots Orion said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    I only need the achievements for collecting every item and getting five stars on the final boss in Final Fantasy XIII, so that brings me to the real question: did I remember to upload my save to the cloud from my 360? laugh
    Lol

A few years ago, I went through all of my saves on my 360 and transferred them to the Cloud. The upload speeds were awful but I got it done. There were a few games with really large save files (e.g., Dragon Age Origins) that I skipped due to the limited space on the 360 Cloud (2 gBs). I think I have 600 mBs left. They really should make it unlimited since you can only move save files to it now. Originally you could copy games and DLC to it...but not anymore.
    Yeah, I did something similar, but for some reason when I switched from the One X to the Series X recently, I feel like I lost a lot of my Xbox 360 cloud saves in the transfer process. It's super bizarre, but I swear there's games I had been playing fine across multiple Xbox Ones/One Xs that just disappeared when I downloaded my 360 profile to the Series X headspin

FFXIII is one that I swear I uploaded but isn't there any more, so I guess I know what I'll be up to when I'm next at my parent's place where the 360 was left behind laugh
  • Dave BodomDave Bodom2,161,321
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 00:22
    It took me 3 tries to make it through FFXIII and on the third when i finally passed the point the game opened up without giving up beforehand, i genuinely enjoyed it. Its just a shame it takes 25-30 hours to get there.
  • NcMorNcMor199,050
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 01:19
    Tendoman77 said:
    That depends on who you ask. I personally loved that series. Square Enix games are always good, great story and music. The play style changed which I liked, the normal RPG strategy is outdated and it changed in this series. The whole Linear aspect is what really made gamers dislike XIII, i was fine with it since many games are like this, this was just new for FF game.
  • HASaldi404HASaldi404624,155
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 02:12
    So this is just the plain old 360 version of FF13 that I already own?

Bummer....
  • Posted on 03 September 21 at 08:10
    Any idea if final fantasy XIII is all 3 parts
    Let’s see how much GS I can get by the end of the year
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.