Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Game Pass First Impressions: Craftopia

• Posted on 03 September 21 at 16:34
    Open-world survival game Craftopia has just joined Xbox Game Pass. If you were wondering whether or not to give it a go, why not check out our First Impressions to see what we thought after a few hours with the game.

Please click here to read the full story: Game Pass First Impressions: Craftopia
  • Jay CowlJay Cowl1,159,515
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 16:47
    For those who do try it. !!!!PSA!!!! You can't cancel crafting once you have started.
  • lethelerrorlethelerror733,052
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 17:05
    It looks interesting. I will keep an eye on it
  • TangledAlloy21TangledAlloy211,070,109
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 17:24
    Crashtopialaugh
  • Snarky30Snarky30243,291
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 17:26
    I played it for an hour on xbox and then it crashed to the home screen. There wasn't really anything to make me want to open it again. The game sounds neat on paper but it's boring af.
  • BANDIT 440BANDIT 440405,396
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 17:31
    "punching trees, crafting fireplaces and then setting myself on fire"

Line of the week. Made my day.
  • Posted on 03 September 21 at 17:48
    You can't get the cool stuff until you advance ages with an alter you craft. When you advance an age, like a civ game, it opens up much more for you to do. It also unlocks higher level islands to unlock. And that is super easy to do. You can be riding a motorcycle within an hour. Like I did the other night.
  • DmCTHREE6DmCTHREE6731,109
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 17:48
    I hear it crashes a lot, but performance on the series x is the most stable right now.
  • GяumpyGяumpy1,580,052
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 18:16
    I haven’t had any crashes on Series X. This game is a little rough around the edges but I have really enjoyed the handful of hours I’ve put into it.

Reminds me of a less polished (and less blocky) dragon quest builder (and thankfully less dialogue lol). I recommend it for lovers of crafting games
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,319,458
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 18:34
    Thanks for the review. The game is not what I had expected and the review solidifies my original view: pass.
    Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,287,188
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 20:41
    You mean the trailers were misleading? That's weird because that NEVER happens. laugh
    This space for rent.
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid569,226
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 21:41
    I will give it a hard pass.
  • notoriousJMZnotoriousJMZ537,681
    Posted on 03 September 21 at 22:50
    Addictive game, another great game pass addition.
  • CtrlAltL337CtrlAltL3371,032,357
    Posted on 04 September 21 at 00:42
    It’s been stable for me on Series X, no issues. Rough start, but that’s what Game Preview is for. Pretty ambitious for what it’s trying to do, but rare for a Japanese developed game to release for Xbox
  • thebritt2001thebritt2001638,520
    Posted on 04 September 21 at 07:26
    I think I'll give it a try, I do like these kinds of games.
  • Posted on 04 September 21 at 07:51
    I played it for a few hours. Controls and menu usage is janky, clumsy, and a bit annoying to get used to buy I am throughly enjoying this game. No crashes on my X
  • McTennisDMcTennisD1,052,132
    Posted on 04 September 21 at 08:17
    I’m in the penultimate age and haven’t really explored the islands. I’m hoping there is a way to guarantee enemy coming up in certain islands otherwise the kill achievements could be daunting
  • Posted on 04 September 21 at 10:30
    I wanted to try out this game since I usually love open world crafting types. But the performance and overal clunky feel put me off from it. My friend tried to join and he had so little frames that he quickly quit out and vowed to not play it again. My first impression is that its just an unoptiomized PC port that might get better a few months down the line.
  • LordSmorcLordSmorc631,846
    Posted on 04 September 21 at 14:29
    Someone has completed it in under 4 hours so are there some sort of console commands available for PC? I can't see a legit completion being possible in that time otherwise, most of the completions are 20-25 hours. Unless the early completers already knew what to do because they played the game before it came onto Xbox.
  • GяumpyGяumpy1,580,052
    Posted on 04 September 21 at 15:01
    LordSmorc said:
    Someone has completed it in under 4 hours so are there some sort of console commands available for PC? I can't see a legit completion being possible in that time otherwise, most of the completions are 20-25 hours. Unless the early completers already knew what to do because they played the game before it came onto Xbox.
    If you know what you’re doing most of the achievements can be completed in four hours. It would require some luck with some of the monster spawns though. I think with a guide and no experience someone could complete the game in less than eight hours
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.