Game Discussion: Craftopia

PSA: Be Wary Of Royal Tombs (Crash Issue)

• ABoTxBagelABoTxBagel1,124,749
    Posted on 07 September 21 at 13:03, Edited on 07 September 21 at 16:33 by ABoTxBagel
    Royal Tombs have a boss at the end (As least as far as I know this is the only one, never seen any others) named the Griffin. Without fail, every time I play against it on console it crashes my console and says it overheated. I'm on Series X and have not had this error a single time in the last year, only when I play Craftopia do I get it. If you're on console, I would steer clear of those dungeons
  • Posted on 07 September 21 at 16:59
    I just found the Griffin in an open field and got the same outcome when I landed the killing blow. Not impressed.
  • KugareKugare2,571,333
    Posted on 07 September 21 at 17:10, Edited on 07 September 21 at 21:33 by Kugare
    If you go to the settings of the game you can use a low (graphic) preset and evade the crash. I had the same issue with my series x console, after changing the settings it was fine, but still kinda laggy.
  • Posted on 07 September 21 at 20:08
    The tornado attack really needs to be dialed back because it made my Xbox one x fans work full speed and made the game go to a near standstill while fighting the griffin. (Had same issue with the bone dragons tornado attack too) I'd advise doing the fight on xcloud if you have anything below a Xbox one x.
  • DyssidentDyssident2,243,436
    Posted on 09 September 21 at 01:01
    On Xbox Series S and default graphics settings, the tornado attack lags the game to 1 FPS for a few seconds but I've never experienced a crash with it (yet).
  • innoShadesinnoShades86,364
    Posted on 09 September 21 at 03:44
    I've been playing it on xCloud on PC and it has the same problem.

Both the tomb version and the open world griffin(though that didn't pop the achievement)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.