Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Git gud: 30 of the hardest Xbox achievements ever

  • RDSRDS323,464
    Posted on 11 September 21 at 18:44
    The legendary difficulty Overwatch achievements are quite up there as well, especially that one that asks you to do it without anyone in your team going down.
  • Posted on 11 September 21 at 19:46
    I have 6:

    Spelunky
    Outlast 2
    Super Meat Boy
    Metal Slug 3
    Halo MCC
    Wolfenstien II

    And at least 2 more are in games on my to-do list.

    I don't feel like SMB should be here either, as I found it to be fairly easy.


    I also feel like there were other harder achievements I've done, like just beat Shadow Warrior on the hardest difficulty (17.5 TA Ratio):
    Shadow WarriorNo Ordinary WangThe No Ordinary Wang achievement in Shadow Warrior worth 1403 pointsComplete the game on difficulty Heroic


    Just beat Brutal AI a single time on Tumblestone (took like a month of practice because I swear this game was optimized for MnK, not controller):
    TumblestoneDreamcatcherThe Dreamcatcher achievement in Tumblestone worth 756 pointsWin a Battle match against 3 Nightmare bots.


    Or this pair from Lost Planet 2 which took months of grinding AND required you to achieve #1 on a time trial leaderboard (still a 22.2 TA Ratio and the game came out in 2010):
    Lost Planet 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Lost Planet 2 worth 1131 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

    Lost Planet 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Lost Planet 2 worth 2262 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
  • Posted on 11 September 21 at 20:34
    What is this XCOM glitch ?
  • xNotStopEvilxNotStopEvil275,384
    Posted on 11 September 21 at 20:49
    platinumpwnzor said:
    I have 6:

    Spelunky
    Outlast 2
    Super Meat Boy
    Metal Slug 3
    Halo MCC
    Wolfenstien II

    And at least 2 more are in games on my to-do list.

    I don't feel like SMB should be here either, as I found it to be fairly easy.


    I also feel like there were other harder achievements I've done, like just beat Shadow Warrior on the hardest difficulty (17.5 TA Ratio):
    Shadow WarriorNo Ordinary WangThe No Ordinary Wang achievement in Shadow Warrior worth 1403 pointsComplete the game on difficulty Heroic


    Just beat Brutal AI a single time on Tumblestone (took like a month of practice because I swear this game was optimized for MnK, not controller):
    TumblestoneDreamcatcherThe Dreamcatcher achievement in Tumblestone worth 756 pointsWin a Battle match against 3 Nightmare bots.


    Or this pair from Lost Planet 2 which took months of grinding AND required you to achieve #1 on a time trial leaderboard (still a 22.2 TA Ratio and the game came out in 2010):
    Lost Planet 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Lost Planet 2 worth 1131 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

    Lost Planet 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Lost Planet 2 worth 2262 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    You are amazing, bro
  • Sazaq213Sazaq213462,661
    Posted on 11 September 21 at 20:59
    i'm happy to have Devil May Cry (Xbox 360) laugh , the problem concerning these achievements " very hard " sadly they are numerous...
    ( If you comment thanks to use the " Quick quote post " to i have a notification )
  • Posted on 11 September 21 at 21:27
    xNotStopEvil said:
    You are amazing, bro
    Thanks. I love to challenge myself.


    Also, I know some people mentioned Ninja Gaiden 2 already, but I would argue that Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge's Ultimate Ninja Trials were harder.
  • xNotStopEvilxNotStopEvil275,384
    Posted on 11 September 21 at 21:31, Edited on 11 September 21 at 21:33 by xNotStopEvil
    platinumpwnzor said:
    xNotStopEvil said:
    You are amazing, bro
    Thanks. I love to challenge myself.


    Also, I know some people mentioned Ninja Gaiden 2 already, but I would argue that Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge's Ultimate Ninja Trials were harder.
    Yeah, ninja gaiden is insane! I love too the hard games but almost are impossible for me and can't start! Mirror edge without guide, what you think? The dlc is insane. I like mean the trial times without videos to follow. Anyways me big congrats! Wow. You profile is really beautiful, hahah
  • Posted on 11 September 21 at 21:31
    I own 4 of these games (Wolfenstein, Metal Gear Revengence, Green Day RB, and Vanquish) and yeah, they're hard as F***
    sonicfreak1986
  • Posted on 11 September 21 at 21:41, Edited on 11 September 21 at 23:49 by The Allslayer
    platinumpwnzor said:
    xNotStopEvil said:
    You are amazing, bro
    Thanks. I love to challenge myself.


    Also, I know some people mentioned Ninja Gaiden 2 already, but I would argue that Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge's Ultimate Ninja Trials were harder.
    RE ain't got nothing on OG NG3.
  • Posted on 11 September 21 at 21:57
    I love these achievement features! They are always an interesting read. Thanks for the great content TA!
  • DmCTHREE6DmCTHREE6496,221
    Posted on 11 September 21 at 23:51
    This motivates me to start Devil May Cry 4
  • Posted on 12 September 21 at 00:00
    NickFury Player said:
    I mean the list is good but is really lacking in hard racing games in general.
    I’d like to see that kind of list someday
    I PLAY TO HAVE FUN!!!! I do tend to play solo most of the time but always willing to play with others if they have time for that of course. TA ROCKS!!
  • Posted on 12 September 21 at 00:16
    RAVENxSPEEDSTER said:
    NickFury Player said:
    I mean the list is good but is really lacking in hard racing games in general.
    I’d like to see that kind of list someday
    Well according to them it's next article of this type on the way, so it will be my time to shine because I have finished a few hard racing games
    Nick1Ø1
  • Posted on 12 September 21 at 00:30
    Sekiro is my proudest completion
  • Posted on 12 September 21 at 00:58
    I'm surprised none of the Gears "Seriously" achievements made the list...those are a nightmare haha
  • Mental Knight 5Mental Knight 52,161,382
    Posted on 12 September 21 at 01:27
    very promising to see articles like this on TA -- well researched, by someone who cares about achievements
  • MortilectMortilect1,047,993
    Posted on 12 September 21 at 01:43
    KourtsideKing said:
    I'm surprised none of the Gears "Seriously" achievements made the list...those are a nightmare haha
    Those are more grindy than challenging.
  • Silver SalvoSilver Salvo990,554
    Posted on 12 September 21 at 02:05
    KourtsideKing said:
    I'm surprised none of the Gears "Seriously" achievements made the list...those are a nightmare haha
    Once again, grindy≠hard.
  • Posted on 12 September 21 at 02:10
    Yeah, I see what you guys are saying. Makes sense.
  • yossarianoyossariano363,872
    Posted on 12 September 21 at 10:24, Edited on 12 September 21 at 10:25 by yossariano
    Unleashed Spawn said:
    What is this XCOM glitch ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1dX7TAmorg

    Essentially on the last move of your turn, hit start interrupting the move and save.

    reload that save and it will be your turn again, action points restored for all players, enemy skips their turn.

    The downside is that with the load / save times on XCOM 2 being so awful that it this method will slow down your game.

    Note that this exploit is detailed in the guides on here already as no doubt you've discovered :)
    Yossariano
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.