Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Git gud: 30 of the hardest Xbox achievements ever

• Posted on 12 September 21 at 10:41
    Thanks, I never never used guides for the XCOM games. Loved them so having to play from the start when I get totally wiped is so fun, wish they would put the original on here and terror of the deep
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,261,805
    Posted on 12 September 21 at 11:35
    Never heard of half these games laugh but yeah, there's some tough achievements on this list.
    Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way.
  • Posted on 12 September 21 at 12:19
    Silver Salvo said:
    KourtsideKing said:
    I'm surprised none of the Gears "Seriously" achievements made the list...those are a nightmare haha
    Once again, grindy≠hard.
    You still have to beat campaign and every horde & escape map on the hardest difficulty to get it in Gears 5.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 September 21 at 12:31
    NegativeCreep08 said:
    Silver Salvo said:
    KourtsideKing said:
    I'm surprised none of the Gears "Seriously" achievements made the list...those are a nightmare haha
    Once again, grindy≠hard.
    You still have to beat campaign and every horde & escape map on the hardest difficulty to get it in Gears 5.
    With randoms.. Super easy man, gears of grind 5 or gears of baby 5..no is hard.. And campaign..second controller and play :/
  • Posted on 12 September 21 at 15:06
    Glad to see Mile High Club from Cod 4 isn't on here. Every hardest achievements list I've seen on on YouTube or wherever has that as one when it's not even that difficult.
    vL Insane Lv
  • Posted on 12 September 21 at 16:33, Edited on 12 September 21 at 16:40 by Elite1111111111
    Have:
    DJ Hero
    Super Meat Boy (though PS has way harder achievements)
    Trials Fusion (Xbox One version, which you can cheese, but I didn't)

Also have some progress on that I Am Bread one, but trying to preload that game is what made me give up on GTASC laugh
  • MonheganMonhegan223,383
    Posted on 12 September 21 at 16:49
    Wish there was a way to play DoDonPachi on xbox one
  • SmiththedudeSmiththedude1,386,189
    Posted on 12 September 21 at 17:01
    Good to see I have some of these, AND the suggested ones lmao
  • Posted on 12 September 21 at 18:23
    I am not saying achievements need to be as hard as these, but I wish Microsoft would put a stop to games releasing easy achievements. I remember back to when the Xbox 360 first came out and achieving 100,000 gamerscore was quite the feat. Nowadays, that can easily be accomplished in less than a year if you play a lot of the easy titles that take less than an hour to complete.
  • Silver SalvoSilver Salvo1,089,225
    Posted on 12 September 21 at 19:50
    vl Insane lv said:
    Glad to see Mile High Club from Cod 4 isn't on here. Every hardest achievements list I've seen on on YouTube or wherever has that as one when it's not even that difficult.
    Yeah, alot of casuals played games like cod 4.
  • Silver SalvoSilver Salvo1,089,225
    Posted on 12 September 21 at 19:52
    Dr Frat Star said:
    I am not saying achievements need to be as hard as these, but I wish Microsoft would put a stop to games releasing easy achievements. I remember back to when the Xbox 360 first came out and achieving 100,000 gamerscore was quite the feat. Nowadays, that can easily be accomplished in less than a year if you play a lot of the easy titles that take less than an hour to complete.
    It's pathetic what has happened with achievements. Most games coming out nowadays have easy af achievements so people will pay for the game regardless of the quality. Unlocking an achievement is becoming less and less of an actual achievement.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 September 21 at 20:27
    Silver Salvo said:
    Dr Frat Star said:
    It's pathetic what has happened with achievements. Most games coming out nowadays have easy af achievements so people will pay for the game regardless of the quality. Unlocking an achievement is becoming less and less of an actual achievement.
    Enjoy you genre, hunter for fun and play hard!
  • Posted on 13 September 21 at 00:31
    I feel like Trials Evolution beats out Trials Fusion in difficulty simply due to the Neverending Trials achievement. Not being able to consistently practice the bits of tracks (since it's semi-random) makes it arguably more difficult than any of the other achievements that you can just consistently repeat over and over again.
  • vSullyvSully1,176,638
    Posted on 13 September 21 at 00:59, Edited on 13 September 21 at 01:00 by vSully
    Dr Frat Star said:
    Nowadays, that can easily be accomplished in less than a year if you play a lot of the easy titles that take less than an hour to complete.
    100k in less than a year? Welcome to 2021 where it's been snowballing completely out of control for years. LausDomini got 200k in 24 hours last week (213483 to be exact). We may soon reach a point where 1m is possible in one day.

LausDomini's Stats
  • HyperglideHyperglide438,885
    Posted on 13 September 21 at 01:28
    Wow none from Hollow Knight?
  • Posted on 13 September 21 at 02:35, Edited on 13 September 21 at 02:36 by xMANNY FRE5Hx
    Odd list. Some legit stuff here and some head scratchers. Comments should be amusing.
  • Posted on 13 September 21 at 04:25
    Ashley6200 said:
    I was particularly proud of getting
    Rare ReplayBeyond the ImpossibleThe Beyond the Impossible achievement in Rare Replay worth 342 pointsBattletoads: Complete a loop of Turbo Tunnel Infinite.

There's no easy way to do it, you literally just have to "git gud".
    Hear hear!
  • Posted on 13 September 21 at 04:31, Edited on 13 September 21 at 04:31 by Moldy Tacos5000
    My additions:

Darkest DungeonWorld EndMoldy Tacos5000The World End achievement in Darkest Dungeon worth 1199 pointsComplete the game on Stygian

Similar to Xcom, if you don't know the game very well it ain't happening.
    Super Mega Baseball: Extra InningsExtraordinary Ego!Moldy Tacos5000The Extraordinary Ego! achievement in Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings worth 1361 pointsWin a season game at Ego 99.

Hope you have fast reflexes.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm578,876
    Posted on 13 September 21 at 04:38
    I was expecting an article that alluded to:
    Shadows: AwakeningGit gud!The Git gud! achievement in Shadows: Awakening worth 131 pointsLost 20 Puppets in a single playthrough.

Would include:
    Shadows: AwakeningGot GudThe Got Gud achievement in Shadows: Awakening worth 2012 pointsCompleted the game on at least Hard difficulty with no puppet deaths.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 September 21 at 07:19
    vSully said:
    Dr Frat Star said:
    Nowadays, that can easily be accomplished in less than a year if you play a lot of the easy titles that take less than an hour to complete.
    100k in less than a year? Welcome to 2021 where it's been snowballing completely out of control for years. LausDomini got 200k in 24 hours last week (213483 to be exact). We may soon reach a point where 1m is possible in one day.

LausDomini's Stats
    Man.. Enjoy you ratio games and stop with people.. The people will spend the money in shitty games or beer.. Yeah?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.