Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox game releases — October 18th to 24th

• Posted on 18 October 21 at 08:22, Edited on 18 October 21 at 08:25 by Same Fissure
    Phil Spencer said he wanted to get more kids games on Xbox as he thought it lacked a lot of kids games. If you don't like that then brace yourselves for more kids games, or (ironically) grow up.
  • suitexblsuitexbl1,076,222
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 08:33
    It’s all about Peppa Pig!
    -suite
  • CanezzaCanezza191,296
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 09:02
    Spirochaete said:
    please tell me whether it is necessary for grown men
    to pick fights with a child's game (Peppa Pig)

the sarcasm is unfunny and unprofessional.
    Apologies for having a bit of silly fun... Besides, it's a game; I'm sure it won't be offended.
    TA & TT Senior Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,627,903
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 09:12
    Collaborate with "Legendary" celebrities 😂😂😂

Arguably there is only one legendary celebrity. Sir David Attenborough.

Fight me ☺️
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • superniceguysuperniceguy393,557
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 09:24
    Spirochaete said:

superniceguy said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    3 more XSXS achievement lists this week bringing the total to over 50 games, one of which is a current gen exclusive. With more releasing in the coming weeks as we approach the first anniversary of XSXS.

Bong bing boo, bing bong bing, bing bong bingly bongly boo!
    An instant hit smile
    I am not seeing anything. The Energy Cycle games are on Xbox ONE, and Silver Chains is on PS4 (Silver Chains Trophies), plus it is flagged as a Xbox One X Enhanced game.
    HolyHalfDead has a worthy project here.

An achievement list exclusive to Series =/= that the game appears nowhere else.

What it means is an achievement list from a version of the game
    that cannot be played on the past gen (Xbox One).

Then, both the Energy Cycle re-releases count.

And currently the xbox.com page says Silver Chains won't play on Xbox One:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/silver-chains/9p3975xvsb5h...
    Energy Cycle can be played on Xbox ONE, there are 4 achievements lists, 2 for Series and 2 for ONE

Also the Xbox store does not say it can not be played on Xbox ONE it is not yet available. If not TA needs to update thir site, and remove the Xbox ONE flag. But As it is on PS4 since January it is not a current gen exclusive, because it is on last gen, so it should be on Xbox ONE too, especially when they said it would be.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv755,591
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 09:42
    The cover art for Silver Chains reminds me of the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books. Those are childhood favorites. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the rest of the game follows that art style.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • MISS DAYUMMISS DAYUM64,988
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 11:11
    The bloody news thumbnail got me going. smile
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,507,418
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 13:55
    Canezza said:
    Spirochaete said:

Apologies for having a bit of silly fun... Besides, it's a game; I'm sure it won't be offended.
    Don't listen to the haters. When I told my 5 year old there was a Peppa Pig game, he freaked out.

Future gamer. Start 'em young. They'll eventually graduate to better games. Like [checks list] Colorful Colore, Takorita Meets Fries, and The Long Dark.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead657,983
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 17:17, Edited on 18 October 21 at 18:11 by HolyHalfDead
    superniceguy said:
    Energy Cycle can be played on Xbox ONE, there are 4 achievements lists, 2 for Series and 2 for ONE

Also the Xbox store does not say it can not be played on Xbox ONE it is not yet available. If not TA needs to update thir site, and remove the Xbox ONE flag. But As it is on PS4 since January it is not a current gen exclusive, because it is on last gen, so it should be on Xbox ONE too, especially when they said it would be.
    Not sure what you are disagreeing with. You just agreed there are two achievement lists for the Energy Cycle games. This is no different to the first year following the Xbox One release, where many games were available for both generations.

There are several PS4 games you cannot play on Xbox One. The thing about Xbox, is a game can release on one generation and later release on a different gen. Observer and Tesla vs Lovecraft are recent examples of XSXS games that can now be played on XOSX.

If/when it is confirmed that Silver Chains uses Smart Delivery or has a stack, I will update my list. But as of now the Xbox store shows that the XSXS version of the game CANNOT BE PLAYED on Xbox One. Just because you read something on the web (including on TA) does not make it true or make you right. That includes any mistakes in my list, as what was correct one day can be incorrect the next.

When I say a game is an “Xbox Series X|S generation exclusive” I am not implying a game isn’t available on another platform, only that it (or a remaster of it) is not available on Xbox One or Xbox 360.

The reason I created my list is because TA have bad data for several of their games. Microsoft didn’t help this gen, by tagging both XSXS games and backward compatible XOSX games as XSXS.

For example this list - https://www.trueachievements.com/optimized-for-series-x/game...
    should contain all the XSXS games released so far (with or without seperate achievement lists) but it is missing some.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • EnduroEnduro124,290
    Posted on 18 October 21 at 19:44
    So many of these look like barely-disguised clones of much more popular games.
  • Posted on 19 October 21 at 17:37
    Yeah, yeah, just give me Age of Empires 4.
    I was born to take it easy.
  • Vok 250Vok 250333,114
    Posted on 19 October 21 at 19:11
    beastwhitedude said:
    CHAOTIC IZUAL said:
    Really feels like Xbox store used to be really good but it feels more and more like early 2010s steam store just littered with garbage shovelware.
    I know, it sucks. I always assume that any game I've never heard of is just garbage shovelware made for easy gamerscore. I recently grabbed a 360 agian and it's really nice to know every game I buy for it will have a certain level of quality.
    The 360's value is insane. I've recently been playing remakes and BC games on my Xbox One and it's night and day the quality of experience compared to these new "games". There's just no comparison between this modern bloat and an experience like Mafia.

And I'm all for supporting indie devs too, but there's a huge difference between The Long Drive on PC compared to yet another mobile port, RPGmaker fanfic, or walking simulator. The market is saturated and I just don't have time to play yet another Harvest Moon ripoff.
  • Vok 250Vok 250333,114
    Posted on 19 October 21 at 19:22
    BigNev44 said:
    I still don't believe we are getting Corpse Party on the Xbox, i had to do a double take on that one.

I see a few that i'm getting this week, great gaming ahead!
    Yeah pretty wild to see XSEED publishing on western consoles. I'm curious if this version will be censored or not. I know Nintendo and Steam released it as is, with the questionable translations and all.
  • Posted on 19 October 21 at 20:02
    Vok 250 said:
    beastwhitedude said:
    CHAOTIC IZUAL said:
    Really feels like Xbox store used to be really good but it feels more and more like early 2010s steam store just littered with garbage shovelware.
    I know, it sucks. I always assume that any game I've never heard of is just garbage shovelware made for easy gamerscore. I recently grabbed a 360 agian and it's really nice to know every game I buy for it will have a certain level of quality.
    The 360's value is insane. I've recently been playing remakes and BC games on my Xbox One and it's night and day the quality of experience compared to these new "games". There's just no comparison between this modern bloat and an experience like Mafia.

And I'm all for supporting indie devs too, but there's a huge difference between The Long Drive on PC compared to yet another mobile port, RPGmaker fanfic, or walking simulator. The market is saturated and I just don't have time to play yet another Harvest Moon ripoff.
    Another huge bonus to the 360 is most games got physical releases on it. There's nothing worse than getting interested in a game looking it up and seeing "digital only", " this game has been removed from the Microsoft store" I kinda dislike how many games only get digital releases on the xbox one.
  • Posted on 19 October 21 at 20:38
    Vok 250 said:
    beastwhitedude said:
    CHAOTIC IZUAL said:

You perfectly espouse what I'm talking about, thanks for taking the time to go into depth about the clear night and day difference.
  • BigNev44BigNev441,892,214
    Posted on 19 October 21 at 23:07
    Vok 250 said:
    BigNev44 said:
    I still don't believe we are getting Corpse Party on the Xbox, i had to do a double take on that one.

I see a few that i'm getting this week, great gaming ahead!
    Yeah pretty wild to see XSEED publishing on western consoles. I'm curious if this version will be censored or not. I know Nintendo and Steam released it as is, with the questionable translations and all.
    WTH!!!! I overlooked that it was XSEED publishing it, main reason is because we are actually getting this on the Xbox i hope they publish alot more cause i'll buy them all.

I always felt XSEED and NiS HATED the Xbox, bring them all over toast
  • Inferno118Inferno1182,959,644
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 15:41
    Skul the hero slayer is fun 😤
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.