Game Discussion: Crysis 3 Remastered

Wiped all my progress at 98.5% complete

• CorleoneGangCorleoneGang377,602
    Posted on 18 October 22 at 14:02
    thatNoseyParker said:
    Since I've completed this now and after reading all this my advice to new players is:
    - Try to get everything bar maxing all suit upgrades and difficulty on your first run. Suit upgrades (and possibly weapon attachments?) are the only things safe from the save wipe
    - You can safely break this playthrough up into several sessions. Reloading checkpoints is also fine.
    - Do not spend suit upgrades points during missions 4-6 (inclusive). There's a bug carried from the original game where you may permanently lose those perk points and need to restart after deleting your save
    - You can do recruit or jump straight into SS if you want. I personally did recruit first.
    - After your first playthrough, do not close the game or try mission select, this is what causes the wipe.
    - Instead, if you still need it, Start a "New game" on SS and run through it in one session. Don't worry, it's quite short and easy, maybe a couple of hours? This is also where you want to complete those suit upgrades. The only one I'll mention is Brute Force power kicks, you can get this out of the way during the first half of mission 2, when you're going through the inside of some rusty buildings. There's a couple of generators(?) you can kick in each enemy section.
    - This is also where you can try again for any misc you might have missed the first time. For me, it was actually the story related achievement for completing Red Star Rising, which didn't pop during my first run.

- A final side note, I personally had an issue with the 10 turret kills and 25 supercharge kills getting stuck and 9 and 24 kills, respectively. After completing my second playthrough, I rebooted the game to confirm what I'd heard about the progress wiping. I then did a quick third run through to unlock those bugged achievements.

For anyone wanting a walkthrough, I found this really useful to avoid missing stuff on my recruit run https://youtu.be/BVieKyF0wA4
    Great tips! This should be added to a walkthrough guide!
  • thatNoseyParkerthatNoseyParker1,615,796
    Posted on 18 October 22 at 17:24
    CorleoneGang said:
    Great tips! This should be added to a walkthrough guide!
    By all means, happy for someone to incorporate it into a guide
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,101,609
    Posted on 12 January 23 at 15:10
    thatNoseyParker said:
    Since I've completed this now and after reading all this my advice to new players is:
    - Try to get everything bar maxing all suit upgrades and difficulty on your first run. Suit upgrades (and possibly weapon attachments?) are the only things safe from the save wipe
    - You can safely break this playthrough up into several sessions. Reloading checkpoints is also fine.
    - Do not spend suit upgrades points during missions 4-6 (inclusive). There's a bug carried from the original game where you may permanently lose those perk points and need to restart after deleting your save
    - You can do recruit or jump straight into SS if you want. I personally did recruit first.
    - After your first playthrough, do not close the game or try mission select, this is what causes the wipe.
    - Instead, if you still need it, Start a "New game" on SS and run through it in one session. Don't worry, it's quite short and easy, maybe a couple of hours? This is also where you want to complete those suit upgrades. The only one I'll mention is Brute Force power kicks, you can get this out of the way during the first half of mission 2, when you're going through the inside of some rusty buildings. There's a couple of generators(?) you can kick in each enemy section.
    - This is also where you can try again for any misc you might have missed the first time. For me, it was actually the story related achievement for completing Red Star Rising, which didn't pop during my first run.

- A final side note, I personally had an issue with the 10 turret kills and 25 supercharge kills getting stuck and 9 and 24 kills, respectively. After completing my second playthrough, I rebooted the game to confirm what I'd heard about the progress wiping. I then did a quick third run through to unlock those bugged achievements.

For anyone wanting a walkthrough, I found this really useful to avoid missing stuff on my recruit run https://youtu.be/BVieKyF0wA4
    Gonna give this method a go, I'll report back in a week or so and let you guys know if this can be replicated.
    Posted on 12 January 23 at 18:05
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    thatNoseyParker said:

Gonna give this method a go, I'll report back in a week or so and let you guys know if this can be replicated.
    Let us know!!
    Posted on 19 January 23 at 04:51, Edited on 19 January 23 at 04:56 by The SCHWARTZ 00
    Seems to be working fine so far. I've had one story related achievement not pop (Red Storm Rising) but everything else seems to be tracking fine. Still on my first playthrough though, we'll see how things end up.
    Posted on 19 January 23 at 12:46
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    Seems to be working fine so far. I've had one story related achievement not pop (Red Storm Rising) but everything else seems to be tracking fine. Still on my first playthrough though, we'll see how things end up.
    Great!
    Posted on 21 January 23 at 00:35, Edited on 21 January 23 at 01:43 by The SCHWARTZ 00
    So I can confirm it works. However....my dumb ass turned off the game on my second playthrough to help some friends out with Destiny 2. Went back to play Crysis 3, and all my collectibles and challenges were wiped. Luckily, I had everything done except getting one collectible, so I was ok. Now I have to go through the entire campaign and get every collectible all over again. Not sure if I should wipe my save or not.

Moral of the story.... don't be me. Don't turn the game off on your second playthrough after expressly being told not to.
    Posted on 21 January 23 at 15:07
    Alright, just 100%'d the game.

Just to add to my post above....you don't need to delete your local or cloud save if you experience a wipe. I rushed through the campaign on Recruit after all my stats got wiped, got all the collectibles, achievement popped after I picked up the last one. Besides my screwup earlier, I can confirm that if you follow exactly what NoseyParker said to do, you won't have any issues.
    Posted on 23 January 23 at 11:41
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    Alright, just 100%'d the game.

Just to add to my post above....you don't need to delete your local or cloud save if you experience a wipe. I rushed through the campaign on Recruit after all my stats got wiped, got all the collectibles, achievement popped after I picked up the last one. Besides my screwup earlier, I can confirm that if you follow exactly what NoseyParker said to do, you won't have any issues.
    Oh man! Well thanks for the confirmation!
  • Posted on 28 January 23 at 13:55
    So i just 100% completed the game (and series). I would strongly advise people to play on recruit first! Also some things to note.

On crysis 2 i played on supersoldier first and on completing that i got none of the difficulty achievements. I had to delete my save and replay the game on recruit first in order to get the supersoldier achievement. So save yourself a third playthrough and go easy first!

Obviously don't close your game it will wipe all of the weapon mods, collectibles and any progress towards the suit challenges. I would also change your power settings so your xbox doesn't turn itself off!

For the suit upgrades i found a great spot to grind some of them out in the last level. There is a checkpoint just before you have to hack the two ceph mindcarrier devices. The enemies here respawn indefinitely. I used this for my stomp, throw kills and i also let the turret hit my shield for all the two shield upgrades and health upgrade.

The final boss fight is great for the power kick kills too due to all of the boulders which you can kick in to the ceph adds - i think i got about ten there.

When you complete your recruit playthrough do a new game on recruit again if you need any quick mop ups. I needed sprint, swim and 5 more kicks which i found you can get in the train yard area by booting the generator/fan type things in to people. There are also a couple of deers when you first emerge into the dome as well which you can powerkick stuff in to.

Hope these tips help people. In terms of story popping achievements and kill count achivements this was the only one in the series where i didn't have any issues so i guess there is that...
    The Witcher 3 has now ruined all games for me! Can see why it won all of those Games of the Decade awards...
    Posted yesterday at 05:44
    I'd say go for Supersoldier difficulty right off the bat. It's easy as fuck. Just cloak past everything and use stealth weapons for most sections. Then you can mop everything else up on Recruit with no stress. That's just me though, the important thing is this can be completed if you follow the rules. 🫡
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.