The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sales: TA Team Picks (October 21st)

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs480,773
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 18:00
    The TA news team is back with another collection of gaming goodies from the recent Xbox sales, and it's a beautiful mix of mind-bending, rubber-burning, blade-wielding, beast-collecting goodness.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox sales: TA Team Picks (October 21st)
  • ScaroveseScarovese1,834,192
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 18:22
    Picked up the AC chronicles myself. Look very interesting but don't expect to get the completion
  • MrKoolxDoodMrKoolxDood530,686
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 18:46
    Need for Speed is tempting.
  • EurydaceEurydace653,124
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 19:14
    Recommendation to news team: Don't make a suggestion for a game you've never played. If you don't want any of the games, just don't make a recommendation. No one would have noticed!
  • RepentantHades7RepentantHades71,038,352
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 19:27
    Eurydace said:
    Recommendation to news team: Don't make a suggestion for a game you've never played. If you don't want any of the games, just don't make a recommendation. No one would have noticed!
    Great call! That being said, I can personally recommend the Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy since I have played and completed all three games 100%. All three were Games with Gold in the past so be sure you don't already have access to them.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm653,393
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 20:34
    And the winner is:

(drum roll)

BadRubberPiggy for Agent A: A puzzle in disguise.

It’s not a terribly big sale &, for the most part, the price drops are not eye-popping. However, at 90% off, if you have any liking for point & click or puzzle games, Agent A is a must buy. It’s a fast paced entertaining game that’s lots of fun and costs next to nothing.
  • Rista BRista B914,194
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 20:36
    Really liked ACIII when it first came out but I really didn't care for the Remastered version at all. Found it quite the slog to get through.
    "There's never been anything, however absurd, that myriads of people weren't prepared to believe"
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm653,393
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 21:10, Edited on 21 October 21 at 21:15 by Allgorhythm
    DeathHuntsUs said:
    Sure, Assassin’s Creed III isn’t most people’s choice for their favourite entry into the series, but I’m not most people, so it’s mine.
    No problem with the selection—I got the PS3 Limited Edition Assassin’s Creed III console 9 years ago & enjoyed the game. However, AC aficionados should be informed about the other AC III deals:

For an additional 9 USD, gamers can get the AC Odyssey gold edition that includes AC Remastered or, for an additional 14 USD, they can get the Odyssey Ultimate Edition that similarly includes III Remastered in its entirety. For those that already have Odyssey but not all the add-ons, for an extra 4 USD they can get all add-ons plus the complete ACIII Remastered.

All these options present deeper discounts than buying AC III by itself. Moreover, Odyssey, I feel, is the better game. AC III is a good game but, unless one already owns the Odyssey Gold or Ultimate edition, why not more than double one’s AC gaming pleasure at a greater price break?
  • Posted on 21 October 21 at 21:51
    I don not recommend the AC Chronicles games. I did not have very much fun playing them and they are not easy completions.
  • RepentantHades7RepentantHades71,038,352
    Posted on 21 October 21 at 23:57, Edited on 22 October 21 at 17:09 by RepentantHades7
    ll Viper 61 ll said:
    I don not recommend the AC Chronicles games. I did not have very much fun playing them and they are not easy completions.
    So, you start playing ACC: China and do not like it. That's cool, to each their own. The obvious move is to not play any other ACC games, but yet you play ACC: India. Shockingly, you also don't like ACC: India as well. At this point you've already tried two ACC games, there's no way you'd play ACC: Russia, right? What?!?! You went and played ACC: Russia?!

Clearly, ll Viper 61 ll is a crazy person whose opinion cannot be taken seriously. I played and 100% completed all three ACC games and thought they were all fun and not that difficult.

P.S. I'm just kidding with you ll Viper 61 ll. laugh
  • Rossco7530Rossco75302,199,412
    Posted on 22 October 21 at 02:26
    Rista B said:
    Really liked ACIII when it first came out but I really didn't care for the Remastered version at all. Found it quite the slog to get through.
    Exactly my thoughts. I was one who never got the ACIII hate back in the day, but playing the remaster recently was a chore. Remaster is stretching it too - lazy, low quality port imho.
  • SnorehammerSnorehammer134,493
    Posted on 22 October 21 at 03:21
    Good recommendations, I just went with the safe choice of the Ezio Collection. toast
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 October 21 at 03:27
    RepentantHades7 said:
    ll Viper 61 ll said:
    So, you start playing ACC: China and do not like it. That's cool, to each their own. The obvious move is to not play any other ACC games, but yet you play ACC: India. Shockingly, you also don't like ACC: India as well. At this point you've already tried two ACC games, there's no way you'd play ACC: Russia, right? What?!?! You went and played ACC: Russa?!

Clearly, ll Viper 61 ll is a crazy person whose opinion cannot be taken seriously. I played and 100% completed all three ACC games and thought they they were all fun and not that difficult.

P.S. I'm just kidding with you ll Viper 61 ll. laugh
    Lmao laugh
    daringDK2006
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 October 21 at 08:20
    Imho Luke has by far the better taste in games toast
    Rainbow Dash best Pony
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,159,738
    Posted on 24 October 21 at 14:51
    Always get good recommendations from Heidi.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads