Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Check out all 39 FATAL FRAME: Maiden of Black Water Xbox achievements

• BigNev44BigNev441,938,078
    Posted on 27 October 21 at 19:12
    AWOOGAH!!! Can’t wait for this, will be playing it this weekend!

Sucks about the Unlock All Achievements trophy
  • holywood222holywood222405,915 405,915 GamerScore
    Posted on 27 October 21 at 20:09
    It doesn't seem to be a stack. Bought it in Canada as "Fatal Frame". Played it early for a bit under New Zealand, which changed it to "Project Zero" in my library/achievements list. Changed back to Canada and it was changed to "Fatal Frame" in my achievements list with the same ones unlocked. Interestingly it was still "Project Zero" in my library though.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,338,086
    Posted on 27 October 21 at 20:47
    holywood222 said:
    It doesn't seem to be a stack. Bought it in Canada as "Fatal Frame". Played it early for a bit under New Zealand, which changed it to "Project Zero" in my library/achievements list. Changed back to Canada and it was changed to "Fatal Frame" in my achievements list with the same ones unlocked. Interestingly it was still "Project Zero" in my library though.
    Yeah you can change descriptions based on region but you don't always see that
  • Ueki420Ueki4201,456,791
    Posted on 27 October 21 at 21:59
    segagamer said:
    EVERYONE BUY THIS PLEASE. Desperate for the first one to be playable again somehow.
    THIS!! THIS RIGHT HERE!! Day one purchase as I look forward to (hopefully) getting the rest rereleased on the Xbox. Fatal Frame was one of the only things to legit keep me nervous and in my toes in the dark (about 16 at the time) but was also a very dark and original game. Took inspiration from Japanese stories/myths/history not sure which.
    The doom of a Planet....Crush Punch!!!
  • Posted on 27 October 21 at 22:01
    She looks beautiful
  • Arashi SoraArashi Sora353,830
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 04:51
    Really looking forward to this and hope it does well so we can get remaster of the first 3 games and get an English release for the 4th game.
  • Posted on 28 October 21 at 05:44, Edited on 28 October 21 at 05:49 by beastwhitedude
    Ugh digital only means I'll have to grab this on another platform... why do people hate producing physical games for the xbox?
  • segagamersegagamer620,737 620,737 GamerScore
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 06:52
    beastwhitedude said:
    Ugh digital only means I'll have to grab this on another platform... why do people hate producing physical games for the xbox?
    Because we're at a time where we should be reducing our plastic.
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 06:54, Edited on 28 October 21 at 10:19 by segagamer
    The Cherished said:
    segagamer said:
    The game is called Project Zero. It's Fatal Frame in the US, but the rest of the world it's called Project Zero.

It's the disgusting Jet Grind Radio bullshit again. Urgh. No idea why they do that.
    What's the Jet Set story? I'm not familiar with that one.
    Similar to Project Zero and Fatal Frame, Jet Set Radio was named Jet Grind Radio in the US for $reasons.

Also Final Fantasy's box art was always shit compared to thr JP/EU version.
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,717,716
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 07:10
    SanguinDies said:
    I'll stick with it: NO DISC, NO MONEY. At least not my money.
    Catch-22. By not buying digital you only prove further that there is no reason to release these games physically because there is no audience for them.
  • ChPainkillerChPainkiller586,574
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 07:14
    HUN playmore said:
    SanguinDies said:
    I'll stick with it: NO DISC, NO MONEY. At least not my money.
    Catch-22. By not buying digital you only prove further that there is no reason to release these games physically because there is no audience for them.
    exactly , For anyone interested in the game please buy it we need more Japanese games on xbox
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,717,716
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 07:16, Edited on 28 October 21 at 07:17 by HUN playmore
    beastwhitedude said:
    The potential customer base is so small it doesn't worth the extra costs of pressing the discs and distributing the boxes. Microsoft is still not doing enough to promote Japanese games. Eastern titles were always rare on the Xbox platform so anyone who likes them bought anything but Xbox to play them. The X userbase buys little of these games, especially the small releases. Until the console only gets the high caliber games and mostly digital it will always be behind the other systems.
  • SanguinDiesSanguinDies505,672
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 08:45, Edited on 28 October 21 at 08:52 by SanguinDies
    segagamer said:
    beastwhitedude said:
    ...he said, sitting on the his Ikea couch made of acrylic fibers, wearing shoes and clothes made of polyester, while sipping his coke out of a PET bottle and chewing fast food, packed in PP and styrodur.

Come on guys, that argument simply is ridiculous, exactly like "you won't get any more manuals in the game boxes - just for environmental reasons."

All that counts for companys is money. Digital only means not to share that money with retailers and to have better control of the market, e.g. no used copies.

A huge amount of online traffic produced by digital-only-downloads isn't any better for our planet, as the gigantic server parks consume a lot of energy. Streaming and downloads produce massively CO²!
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 10:20, Edited on 28 October 21 at 10:24 by segagamer
    SanguinDies said:
    segagamer said:
    beastwhitedude said:
    ...he said, sitting on the his Ikea couch made of acrylic fibers, wearing shoes and clothes made of polyester, while sipping his coke out of a PET bottle and chewing fast food, packed in PP and styrodur
    Quite a large number of assumptions you made there, pretty much all incorrect.

SanguinDies said:
    Come on guys, that argument simply is ridiculous, exactly like "you won't get any more manuals in the game boxes - just for environmental reasons."

A huge amount of online traffic produced by digital-only-downloads isn't any better for our planet, as the gigantic server parks consume a lot of energy. Streaming and downloads produce massively CO²!
    Most server farms from Microsoft are carbon neutral FYI, and they're in the process of being Carbon Negative.

Manuals aren't being made because hardly anyone read them, since games have more informative tutorials/lore with customisable control schemes, and games often get updates which makes manuals incomplete/incorrect. There's just no reason for them to exist.
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,818,614
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 13:41
    segagamer said:
    Similar to Project Zero and Fatal Frame, Jet Set Radio was named Jet Grind Radio in the US for $reasons.

Also Final Fantasy's box art was always shit compared to thr JP/EU version.
    Oh, I'm only familiar with Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox so I just assumed the earlier Dreamcast version was called Jet Set Radio.

It's also the same way with the earlier JP/EU Resident Evil titles, those had some awesome covers compared to the American ones.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,913
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 13:55
    segagamer said:
    Similar to Project Zero and Fatal Frame, Jet Set Radio was named Jet Grind Radio in the US for $reasons
    It wasn’t due to $reasons but to avoid copyright infringement. ‘Jet Set’ was already trademarked in the US. Sega preferred the Jet Set name for the NA release. The name change was last minute. When I pre-ordered the game, it was still called Jet Set Radio. When it came, it was Jet Grind Radio.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,913
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 15:49
    The Cherished said:
    It's also the same way with the earlier JP/EU Resident Evil titles, those had some awesome covers compared to the American ones.
    But not the earliest. I still have the first version released on the JP PlayStation. The artwork is minimalist—a dark background with a single eye. The back was pure text with no graphics. In contrast, the NA box art was designed by award winning comic book artist, Bill Sienkiewicz.

Moreover, the back cover also featured artwork with game screenshots and a stylized watermark behind the text frame. Note also that the NA disk was packaged inside a box that had about twice the surface area of the JP jewel case.
  • Posted on 28 October 21 at 17:20
    segagamer said:
    beastwhitedude said:
    I understand that but it's really disappointing to know this game will just be gone one day, sure if you get it now you'll hopefully have it forever but that isn't guaranteed. Recently I've been enjoying the xbox 360's library a lot lately and nothings more disappointing than finding a great game on ta or YouTube and seeing it was delisted from the Microsoft store and was digital only.
  • Posted on 28 October 21 at 17:26
    HUN playmore said:
    beastwhitedude said:
    The potential customer base is so small it doesn't worth the extra costs of pressing the discs and distributing the boxes. Microsoft is still not doing enough to promote Japanese games. Eastern titles were always rare on the Xbox platform so anyone who likes them bought anything but Xbox to play them. The X userbase buys little of these games, especially the small releases. Until the console only gets the high caliber games and mostly digital it will always be behind the other systems.
    I know that became apparent to me when Catherine full body completely skipped xbox entirely. Unfortunately it's not just japanese games
    Even first party titles like psychonauts 2 is digital only for some reason. It wouldn't surprise me if xbox goes all digital in the very near future.
  • BurstGamer JediBurstGamer Jedi1,191,850
    Posted on 28 October 21 at 23:02
    I know important to protect ocean and nature from plastics!!!! :P
    Jacob Groves
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.