Game Discussion: FATAL FRAME: Maiden of Black Water

S+ ranks

• Posted on 01 November 21 at 11:22
    Ok
  • Ow NitramOw Nitram4,132,533
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 12:51, Edited on 01 November 21 at 13:00 by Ow Nitram
    It's definitely harder, I never needed to use healing items until Final drop on normal. On Nightmare, I'm not that far yet but I had to use a couple of herbal medicine on each chapter except First drop.

I didn't remember at the time on Wii U how much faster the enemies are on Nightmare (at least 1.5X) and the fatal frame windows is much tighter.
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 15:00
    Ok but how did you get the achievement for all the upgrades I heard you have to go through nightmare?
  • Alfa ArtyAlfa Arty1,146,530
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:01
    Ow Nitram said:
    Ranking formula is this : (Ghost battles pts* + Spirit photography pts** + Items pickup***) - (Items bought + Items used)

*Type-7 film with "headshot" fatal frame photo is the best way to "farm" points during ghost battles since it's the weakest film and takes longer to exorcise the ghost.

**What I mean is the Specters & Echoes snapshot

***Each item is worth the same amount of points that his cost

Time has no bearing.

For nightmare, FFX Brotherhood summarized it well but ghost actually does double damage on nightmare and less items pickup = harder S+.
    Uh no it's not. Items bought cost twice the amount of points you would get for them at the end of the Drop.

1 Mirrorstone costs 10,000 whereas it's worth only 5,000 at the end of the Drop
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 17:21
    So you don't have to go through nightmare for that achievement I'm confused
  • segagamersegagamer608,497 608,497 GamerScore
    Posted on 08 November 21 at 23:27
    Just beat it on nightmare dude. You've had it answered enough times.
  • Posted on 09 November 21 at 00:29
    I know that now I just don't understand what I did wrong to not get enough points for the second drop on nightmare for s+
  • BioMegaBearBioMegaBear296,602
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 23:39
    Thank you hero explaining how this works. I find it funny dmc ranks work a similar way
    biomegabear
    Posted on 13 September 22 at 16:40
    Ow Nitram said:
    Ranking formula is this : (Ghost battles pts* + Spirit photography pts** + Items pickup***) - (Items bought + Items used)

*Type-7 film with "headshot" fatal frame photo is the best way to "farm" points during ghost battles since it's the weakest film and takes longer to exorcise the ghost.

Time has no bearing.

For nightmare, FFX Brotherhood summarized it well but ghost actually does double damage on nightmare and less items pickup = harder S+.
    I upgraded damage on my camera thinking it would help with S+ ranks. Should delete my save and start and to invest in everything else of the camera?
    biomegabear
  • Ow NitramOw Nitram4,132,533
    Posted on 14 September 22 at 01:26
    BioMegaBear said:
    Ow Nitram said:

Time has no bearing.

I upgraded damage on my camera thinking it would help with S+ ranks. Should delete my save and start and to invest in everything else of the camera?
    If you are still very early in the game, maybe I would say (before Fourth drop), because the first levels don't offer much latitude for S+. You really have to explore as much as possible to find all possible items (and not use any of them), use only the type 7 film and shoot all the spectra/echoes. However, one variable that I had not considered in the score calculation and that became more obvious towards the end of the game concerns the damage output. If the camera is upgraded to do more damage, each photo will be worth more points anyway...probably to compensate for the number of photos taken less. To get the best possible score, it's probably best not to have the damage output upgraded, but it doesn't really matter except for the first 3 levels. All this to say that it is absolutely possible to do the S+ even with the upgraded camera.
    Posted on 14 September 22 at 15:16
    Ow Nitram said:
    BioMegaBear said:
    Ow Nitram said:

Time has no bearing.

If you are still very early in the game, maybe I would say (before Fourth drop), because the first levels don't offer much latitude for S+. You really have to explore as much as possible to find all possible items (and not use any of them), use only the type 7 film and shoot all the spectra/echoes. However, one variable that I had not considered in the score calculation and that became more obvious towards the end of the game concerns the damage output. If the camera is upgraded to do more damage, each photo will be worth more points anyway...probably to compensate for the number of photos taken less. To get the best possible score, it's probably best not to have the damage output upgraded, but it doesn't really matter except for the first 3 levels. All this to say that it is absolutely possible to do the S+ even with the upgraded camera.
    Ok so to make it easier Im going to upgrade the camera for the achievement and then start and new game where I upgrade everything except damage for for those first few particular levels and then on the 3 levels that need it. Sound like going back to those first 3 levels is a pain for late game revisit.
    biomegabear
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.