Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: November 1st, 2010

• zigs00zigs00213,956
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:15
    50% off Risk: Factions, Snoopy Flying Ace and Blade Kitten

This week's DotW sees a 50% price drop on three XBLA games - all of which are 2010 releases! Not picked up Snoopy Flying Ace, Risk: Factions or Blade Kitten yet? Get 'em this week!

RISK: Factions - 800 MSP 400 MSP
    Wage war with five factions, each with unique abilities, in the original game of strategy and world domination! Play with the classic rules or reign supreme with objective-based and world conquest scenarios as you command your army and take tactical gambles to win the day. Then challenge your friends in local or online multiplayer and see how you stack up on the leaderboards.
    Download link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/RISK-Factions/66acd000-7...

https://www.trueachievements.com/Snoopy-Flying-Ace-xbox....htm - 800 MSP 400 MSP
    Take your Avatar to new heights with Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts gang, for the aerial duel of the century! Master the single player and co-op challenges between root beers at the Officers Club, then try your skills online in 9 different solo and team games. With simple flight controls and a hangar full of customizable planes and weapons, all you need are nerves of steel to climb the Leaderboards and become a Flying Ace.
    Download link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Snoopy-Flying-Ace/66acd0...

https://www.trueachievements.com/Blade-Kitten-xbox-360.htm - 1200 MSP 600 MSP
    Hollow Wish... your typical lawless frontier filled with dark secrets and mysterious cloaked figures. It’s here Kit Ballard works as one of the best bounty hunters in the business. Don’t let her pink hair fool you, Kit is part cat, part girl, and wholly lethal. Join Kit, her alien sidekick Skiffy and the hovering Darque Blade in the full version of the all new action adventure side-scroller Blade Kitten™: Episode 1, the exciting first of a two part mini-series available exclusively via digital download.
    Download link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Blade-Kitten/66acd000-77...

Another two Avatar Marketplace items are also on offer this week. Despite dogs being vastly superior to cats (especially considering all cats are made of pure evil), both Avatar Marketplace Pets animal props are discounted for the next seven days:
    Pug Dog - 240 MSP 160 MSP
    Black Cat - 240 MSP 160 MSP
  • Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:17
    Might be time to finally pick up RISK Factions. Time to go check how the achievements are, lol.
  • Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:19
    Risk is a maybe buy as I've heard good things about it. I've already got SFA, and as for Blade Kitten? It's never a good sign to be on sale only a month after release! Maybe it's further proof that Krome is really dead now?
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator216,803
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:19
    I bought Risk Factions and Snoopy...but Blade Kitten is a bad game, so i skipped it.
  • MaxForce357MaxForce357130,177
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:20
    What the hell is "Snoopy Flying Ace Blade Kitten"? lol typo
    IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE! TAKE THIS. YOU GOT THE BFG9000!! OH, YES.
  • GoothgoneGoothgone2,753,233
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:20
    lmao @ blade kitten
  • toddycsttoddycst701,303
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:29
    Chase357 said:
    What the hell is "Snoopy Flying Ace Blade Kitten"? lol typo
    lol. I was thinking the same thing.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,340,140
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:31
    I can't believe Blade Kitten was even 1200 to begin with. 800 tops and that's pushing it, but then again I'm a cheap-ass.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:32
    Will take a look at RISK. Not interested in the other two.
  • onnovdwonnovdw475,700
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:37
    Bought Snoopy when it came out, but only played it twice up till now... Should have waited ;-)

Getting RISK
    Still hoping for Guitar Hero: Iron Maiden!
  • Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:40
    Definitely getting Snoopy. Will get Risk if I can find a boosting partner for the stupid Xbox Live achievement(s). Blade Kitten is all kinds of fail and will be avoided.
  • I COODAI COODA2,228
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:40
    I kind of wanted snoopy a few months back but i guess i will get it now that it is on sale... it looks different then anything i have seen before so i will give it a shot!
  • Viper SigmaViper Sigma152,398
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:41, Edited on 01 November 10 at 15:41 by Viper Sigma
    I was going to get Toy Soldiers today but I just cannot pass this up. Snoopy and Risk? Mine. :D
    Hand me my bass... I feel a solo comin' on.
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry420,964
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:41
    Tryin to decide between Risk and Snoopy. On the one hand I love playing Risk with my friends, but that's because my main skill is persuasive argument, which I can't do against a computer, so I get bored a lot quicker against computers. On the other hand, snoopy, cute, I love family type games, but how long will it hold my attention?

I only have enough for one, pick for me smile
  • zyxomma100zyxomma100198,127
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:46
    Buying Snoopy and probably Blade Kitten. I'm surprised you guys have good things to say about Risk as I haven't heard much about it at all. Maybe I'll end up getting all three.
  • JayourJayour1,114,170
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 15:50
    Get Risk TP, we'll play some together.

I'm so glad I didn't buy it the other day, I was so close to getting it but I ended up getting some other stuff instead, now it's half price. Win!
  • benkradbenkrad94,622
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 16:02
    I got the trial version of risk but never pressed the magic 'buy' button. maybe now i will :)
  • Posted on 01 November 10 at 16:03
    I want Blade Kitten but stupid microsoft won't release it in Ireland.

what makes it worse is that they are advertising blade kitten box art in the DotW tab. cry
  • JuCaMoJuCaMo255,556
    Posted on 01 November 10 at 16:06
    For those on the fence about Snoopy, I can't recommend it enough. I have no regrets paying full price for it. Single player isn't very long unless you're going for the gold medals by yourself (it can be done in co-op with a friend), but the multiplayer is where it shines. Very fun and plenty of modes to play.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 November 10 at 16:09
    Risk is the only one that sounds appealing, but I think I will need to save my cash for Hasbro Family Game Night 3. I am more likely to get the wife to play Life or Clue than Risk.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.