Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: November 1st, 2010

• Tasty PastryTasty Pastry420,873
    Posted on 02 November 10 at 18:59
    Bought Risk. Still want snoopy. Stupid games charging money to use :(
  • dancrozierdancrozier517,769
    Posted on 03 November 10 at 00:46
    Already have risk, worth 800. Tempted by snoopy but doubtful
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM90,612
    Posted on 03 November 10 at 15:42
    RISK and Blade Kitten are already DOTW? That's not a good sign...
  • JotaroRaidoJotaroRaido104,928
    Posted on 04 November 10 at 00:13
    ERIKDOTCOM said:
    RISK and Blade Kitten are already DOTW? That's not a good sign...
    Dunno about Risk, but word on the street is Blade Kitten is DOTW already because the developer (Krome Studios) went bust last month. The game's not bad if you like fake-Japanese-style games, but it's definitely not a 1200msp game in the least. :P
  • Posted on 04 November 10 at 17:31
    Meh why not discount DLC too when the Arcade Game is DOTW? .__.
    It's a bit weird to buy a game for the same price as the dlc is...hum
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,012,601
    Posted on 04 November 10 at 20:43
    Antarael Dulac said:
    Meh why not discount DLC too when the Arcade Game is DOTW? .__.
    It's a bit weird to buy a game for the same price as the dlc is...hum
    ... Why is that weird? Just buy the DLC and think of it as getting said DLC for free, if it helps you sleep better at night.
  • Posted on 04 November 10 at 21:13
    Being in sales and marketing, I would guess that you have you're missing the connection. Have you noticed how many of the arcade DotW have DLC? It's not an accident; if they lower the barrier to entry, you're that much more likely to buy the DLC. Reducing the price of the game gives you the entire xbox community who hasn't purchased the game as a market. Reducting the price of DLC is only the fraction of the market that has the game minus the fraction that doesn't already own the DLC. This is why you don't typically see DLC for XBLA as DotW.
  • Posted on 04 November 10 at 22:31
    Yeah i DO see that but I still don't like it...and yes I'm pretty sure DLC could be within the game, but they release it (one month later) separately to get twice the money...so it's still weird to me! On the other side... well no, it's not...it's just an insidious plan...
  • MyupyonMyupyon206,387
    Posted on 05 November 10 at 09:50
    i wonder why i'm clicking the DotW and still get the games at their original prices. can anyone confirm that?
    german XBL here, sadly. I think they forgot to adjust the prices?
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB205,124
    Posted on 05 November 10 at 13:56
    Myupyon said:
    i wonder why i'm clicking the DotW and still get the games at their original prices. can anyone confirm that?
    german XBL here, sadly. I think they forgot to adjust the prices?
    Are you logged in?
    RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=1576
  • LAFTALAFTA556,293
    Posted on 05 November 10 at 14:58
    He wouldn't get any marketplace if he wasn't.
    www.youtube.com/LAFTA
    Posted on 06 November 10 at 02:36
    LAFTA said:
    He said "clicking," so he's trying on his computer. Yes, you can view marketplace content on a computer without logging in. It's a very, very common thing for people to be complaining that the DOTW isn't working when in reality it's exclusive to gold members so the change in price is only visible on xbox.com once you log in.
    RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=1576
  • LAFTALAFTA556,293
    Posted on 06 November 10 at 16:37
    SebastianSB said:
    LAFTA said:
    He said "clicking," so he's trying on his computer. Yes, you can view marketplace content on a computer without logging in. It's a very, very common thing for people to be complaining that the DOTW isn't working when in reality it's exclusive to gold members so the change in price is only visible on xbox.com once you log in.
    I see. I do know about the feature, thanks for the explanation though.
    www.youtube.com/LAFTA
  • MyupyonMyupyon206,387
    Posted on 09 November 10 at 10:06
    Ahh, thanks for clearing it up. It didn't state the gold-member thing anywhere.
    Posted on 09 November 10 at 14:37
    Myupyon said:
    Ahh, thanks for clearing it up. It didn't state the gold-member thing anywhere.
    It's been true for every single DOTW and will continue to be so. DOTW, exclusive demos, and online gameplay are the perks of paying the yearly (or monthly) fee.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.