Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass loses Final Fantasy VIII, Planet Coaster, and an easy completion soon

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:03
    I still need to do River City Girls, at least I'm close to 100%
    Manulels Was Here
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC1,091,466
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:08, Edited on 01 November 21 at 16:12 by GoyetteQC
    Anyone got any kind of tips for the River City Girls 3rd boss? Got stuck on that one a while ago and never tried it again.

Edit: or any tip at all really, I did struggle against the other two bosses now that I think of it.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • ProjectOasisProjectOasis202,685
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:23
    metallicafan459 said:
    I would recommend Gardens Between to anyone who has thought about it - a great little puzzler!

River City Girls wasn’t too bad
    100% agreed
    Gardens Between was a lot of fun and easy completion
  • PhantomPlanetAPPhantomPlanetAP1,476,693
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:31
    Huh? Streets of Rogue leaves soon at 14 months on GP? That's weird, GP games usually stay straight the whole year like 1,2,3 year(s) and very occasionally on each half of year.

Star Renegade looks cool, hopefully I can complete both it and Planet Coaster fun game.
  • CheshireMulishaCheshireMulisha2,264,386
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:33
    GoyetteQC said:
    Anyone got any kind of tips for the River City Girls 3rd boss? Got stuck on that one a while ago and never tried it again.

Edit: or any tip at all really, I did struggle against the other two bosses now that I think of it.
    That boss was a killer 1st time around, I suggest watching a few vids to learn the patterns and how to counter them. Took me a few attempts the first time I faced her but on my 2nd run and the w10 stack I beat her extremely easy.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,365
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:39
    metallicafan459 said:
    I would recommend Gardens Between to anyone who has thought about it - a great little puzzler!

River City Girls wasn’t too bad
    Agreed, Gardens Between is the rare easy completion that’s also a stunningly good game.
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:41
    Planet Coaster was very disappointing, that was a quick uninstall for me. laugh
    Hopefully "Park Beyond" will recapture that Thrillville magic when it comes out dance
  • o Heres Jonny oo Heres Jonny o1,660,980
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:50, Edited on 01 November 21 at 16:50 by o Heres Jonny o
    River city girls for me. Back to the fight before it goes. I still need to do carto but that leaves soon too. Might have missed that one.
    Happy Gaming
  • ChPainkillerChPainkiller586,602
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:50
    Planet Coaster didnt really work out for me on the xbox I enjoy it a lot on PC though .

River City Girls was a nice playtrough
  • AgentZachMorganAgentZachMorgan2,204,326
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:58
    Star Renegades was at least 500 hours BEFORE they broke everything and messed up the tracking. Very few achievements seem to unlock when should.
    I came here to eat donuts and drink coffee... and I'm all out of donuts.
  • Bort BortsonBort Bortson755,104
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 17:05
    F***. I knew it, flew too close to the sun, I'll have plenty of time to grind out Planet Coaster, I don't need to worry about it leaving GP anytime soon. My next 15 days are now booked to grind thru the other half of the achievements.
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 17:07
    another round of a lot of games to play
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • CheevolutionCheevolution913,105
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 17:32
    CheshireMulisha said:
    Question is do I have time to start and finish FF as well?
    Don't know how long your other plans around Planet Coaster will take, but looking at the other RPGs you did I'd say 40 to 50 hours for FFVIII is more than enough if you take it like, very slow. With the Walkthrough and the ingame cheats it's a joke difficulty wise.
    Have a nice day
  • guycarbguycarb450,436
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 17:42
    Sam Pardon said:
    Cue the Planet Coaster DLC
    Don’t tempt fate! Haha... but Murphy’s Law eh? As long as nothing there’s nothing like Shops 'n' Drops in the DLC... I only struggled with the challenges including monthly and/or sustained profits from shops and facilities!
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 18:05, Edited on 01 November 21 at 18:06 by FightingMegaFoo
    For a non-horror game, the park mascots in Planet Coaster are pretty creepy.
  • BIG SH0RTYBIG SH0RTY755,255
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 18:29
    Glad I completed FFVIII last month, I knew it was gonna be leaving soon, all the Final Fantasy games seem to be around for 1 year.
  • rIKmANrIKmAN749,717
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 18:57
    Damn, I didn't even know Planet Coaster was on GP to start with - oh well!

I might do Streets of Rogue for the 3rd time as I've already 100%'d it on Xbox and Steam, it's a pretty easy and fun game.
    o Heres Jonny o said:
    River city girls for me. Back to the fight before it goes. I still need to do carto but that leaves soon too. Might have missed that one.
    Carto gets very difficult in the late game. If you enjoy that type of puzzle then go for it but one trivial mistake (or early on when I did it, mistake/missed step in the guide) will leave you on your own with a very difficult puzzle.

I found myself staring intently at a guide more than the game and that ruins just about any game for me. It is one of my least favorite quick completions I’ve done, despite the high quality of the game.
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf1,186,412
    Fortunately, I ran through River City Girls last month since I knew it'd be leaving soon!

Heads up for anyone who has started (or wants to start) Maneater - that game joined in May for six months, so it's likely leaving at the end of November.
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 19:02
    nightw0lf said:
    Fortunately, I ran through River City Girls last month since I knew it'd be leaving soon!

Heads up for anyone who has started (or wants to start) Maneater - that game joined in May for six months, so it's likely leaving at the end of November.
    Maneater is quick and relatively easy. Super fun and didn’t wear out its welcome before the game was over. There’s a few difficult traversals and jumps in order to snag every license plate, but once you figure out the weird physics trick it’s nothing too hard or frustrating. Definitely play it, but don’t be in a huge hurry 3-4 evenings will net you Maneater easy (FYI there’s DLC now).

River City Girls is the one I ought to play and just not worry about completion, it looks very good.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.