Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass loses Final Fantasy VIII, Planet Coaster, and an easy completion soon

• nightw0lfnightw0lf1,134,865
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 19:10
    TymanTheLong said:
    nightw0lf said:
    Fortunately, I ran through River City Girls last month since I knew it'd be leaving soon!

Heads up for anyone who has started (or wants to start) Maneater - that game joined in May for six months, so it's likely leaving at the end of November.
    Maneater is quick and relatively easy. Super fun and didn’t wear out its welcome before the game was over. There’s a few difficult traversals and jumps in order to snag every license plate, but once you figure out the weird physics trick it’s nothing too hard or frustrating. Definitely play it, but don’t be in a huge hurry 3-4 evenings will net you Maneater easy (FYI there’s DLC now).

River City Girls is the one I ought to play and just not worry about completion, it looks very good.
    Yeah, I realize it's not a long game. I'm working on it now so I don't have to rush it later and I thought others might like to have a little extra notice.
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 19:19
    almost started FFVIII last week so im glad i didnt. They really need to start to put removal dates like PSNOW does.
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 20:02
    Better get on and finish River city girls and ff then, been a while since I had 2 leaving at the same time, at least they’re both pretty enjoyable this time!
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn864,682
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 22:01
    Really enjoyed Planet Coaster, can't recommend that enough. The ratio is a bit misleading as well - it is a fairly easy and fun completion.
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 22:14
    FFVIII would have been the main lose... good thing I already bought it
    A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage
  • dancrozierdancrozier516,619
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 22:15
    Never got around to planet coaster and fancied it. There is so much on game pass, you have to let miss out on some games
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 22:24
    Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I was pretty sure River City Girls is couch co-op only, meaning it's not just a recommendation to use a 2nd controller, but rather a requirement.
  • ClockKingRMClockKingRM1,041,903
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 22:51
    nightw0lf said:
    Fortunately, I ran through River City Girls last month since I knew it'd be leaving soon!

Heads up for anyone who has started (or wants to start) Maneater - that game joined in May for six months, so it's likely leaving at the end of November.
    Was it specified when Maneater was added to Game Pass that it would only be on the service for 6 months? I don't remember hearing anything like that. I've been meaning to play it but always assumed it would be on Game Pass for at least a year.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,874,888
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 23:40
    Bah, couple games I want to play there...
  • Leap Of Faith77Leap Of Faith771,323,130
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 23:42
    God damn, I've only just rushed to complete Carto and Eastshade, and now I gotta do Streets of Rogue. Was hoping for a break facepalm
  • xCENAxMODxCENAxMOD14,241
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 23:42
    Knew I was smart for doing both FF8 versions right after when FF7 was removed. Each FF game was on Game Pass for 12 Months. So next ones leaving are probably FF12 in February, and FF X/X-2 HD in May.
  • Arsenic 17Arsenic 171,485,302
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 23:45
    How the hell is FF8 56GB on PC? What a waste of bandwidth. Another reason why we need Cloud Gaming to play PC games.
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf1,134,865
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 00:08
    ClockKingRM said:
    nightw0lf said:

Was it specified when Maneater was added to Game Pass that it would only be on the service for 6 months? I don't remember hearing anything like that. I've been meaning to play it but always assumed it would be on Game Pass for at least a year.
    It was. You can find this online, but this is from the TA article announcing Maneater joining Game Pass:

"Interestingly, in a press release, Tripwire Interactive says the "Shark-PG" will only be available with Xbox Game Pass for six months, giving you plenty of time to unlock the game's achievements."

Xbox Game Pass adds Conan Exiles, Maneater, Knockout City, and 12 other games soon
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,047,636
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 00:25
    Damn, only one person ever finished Star Renegades on console...wild
  • YaevenYaeven256,473
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 00:54
    Even ignoring achievements, The Gardens Between is very enjoyable. It's my personal choice when we talk about games to thank the Game Pass model for. Would've never known about it otherwise.
  • Posted on 02 November 21 at 01:11
    Considering playing through river city girls but it says a second controller is recommended. How difficult is it just playing with one?
    TernarySauce798
  • Posted on 02 November 21 at 01:19
    F...
  • Posted on 02 November 21 at 01:28
    I guess I better finish Gardens. The story was interesting, but the later levels got tedious and annoying.
    GremlinLord615-Why not follow me on: Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram. Always willing if you're nice.
  • ClockKingRMClockKingRM1,041,903
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 01:40
    nightw0lf said:
    ClockKingRM said:
    nightw0lf said:

It was. You can find this online, but this is from the TA article announcing Maneater joining Game Pass:

"Interestingly, in a press release, Tripwire Interactive says the "Shark-PG" will only be available with Xbox Game Pass for six months, giving you plenty of time to unlock the game's achievements."

Xbox Game Pass adds Conan Exiles, Maneater, Knockout City, and 12 other games soon
    Oh, okay, thank you. Looks like I have to get on that then.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,202,623
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 02:23
    Hmm I am thinking of trying to complete Streets of Rogue but that 2% completion rate has me worried even with the GP inflation. I have no time or interest in playing something challenging in the next 2 months.
    This space for rent.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.