Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass loses Final Fantasy VIII, Planet Coaster, and an easy completion soon

  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,726,610
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 03:08
    Definitely recommend contacting Brain5454 for the Phogs saves soon since 3 games now from the group of 1 year ago game pass releases are in this list and phogs released at the same time.
    anthonyd46
  • Nod NolanNod Nolan791,849
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 08:17
    anthonyd46 said:
    Definitely recommend contacting Brain5454 for the Phogs saves soon since 3 games now from the group of 1 year ago game pass releases are in this list and phogs released at the same time.
    This is against True Achievements Cheat policy!!!

    Cheat Policy

    How do you define cheating?
    All profiles on site must comply with the following rules:

    Things we do not allow:
    Using a save from a different profile (typically referred to as gamesaving).
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,726,610
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 08:19, Edited on 02 November 21 at 08:21 by anthonyd46
    Nod Nolan said:
    anthonyd46 said:
    Definitely recommend contacting Brain5454 for the Phogs saves soon since 3 games now from the group of 1 year ago game pass releases are in this list and phogs released at the same time.
    This is against True Achievements Cheat policy!!!

    Cheat Policy

    How do you define cheating?
    All profiles on site must comply with the following rules:

    Things we do not allow:
    Using a save from a different profile (typically referred to as gamesaving).
    It's in an game feature such as EA Share etc. There is no gamesaving going on.

    Easy way to get 1000 G in 2 hours!
    anthonyd46
  • xCENAxMODxCENAxMOD14,833
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 08:23
    Arsenic 17 said:
    How the hell is FF8 56GB on PC? What a waste of bandwidth. Another reason why we need Cloud Gaming to play PC games.
    It's like 3 GB, idk what you're trying to install
  • Nod NolanNod Nolan791,849
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 08:32
    "Feature"? probably just an unintended consequence.

    If you don't want to play a game, don't play the game. Why frustrate the Ratio on TA?
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,726,610
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 08:38
    Nod Nolan said:
    "Feature"? probably just an unintended consequence.

    If you don't want to play a game, don't play the game. Why frustrate the Ratio on TA?
    It's an in-game design there is no cheating going on. So by that assumption do you not believe in someone uploading a roster of all 99 OVR players in madden and using it or downloading achievement worlds in minecraft to speed up the achievements?
    anthonyd46
  • DD91DD91807,509
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 09:19
    Finishing FFVIII again 20 years later was definitely worth it. Great game easily my favourite of them all.
    Day 1 Gears of War player. Seriously achievement April 2007.
  • KedrixKedrix277,458
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 11:47
    Started Gardens Between last night. Got through Streets of Rogue fairly easily a while back, the reason it has such a low completion rate is that there are very specific things to do for that game to unlock the various characters as well as the multiple endings. My guess, people just wanted to beat things up and didn't care about all of the nuances. It's not hard, just picky (and very random) if that makes sense. Fun game, hopefully it gets a sequel at some point.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • MortilectMortilect1,207,392
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 16:08
    Would've been nice if they fixed the achievement tracking for Star Renegades before it got taken out of game pass.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,331
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 17:04
    Mortilect said:
    Would've been nice if they fixed the achievement tracking for Star Renegades before it got taken out of game pass.
    That’s too bad to hear. It actually looks like a super fun game. I’ve just never started it because it looked also like a very long game.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,980,821
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 17:38
    Nod Nolan said:
    "Feature"? probably just an unintended consequence.

    If you don't want to play a game, don't play the game. Why frustrate the Ratio on TA?
    You still have to play 2 hours worth of game, this isn't cheating...its intended to be used as feature. If you want to spend 20 hours playing it go for it. Game Pass games have too many users so it isn't going to do anything to the ratio when the few of us use Brains timesaving method. Brain also ran a bunch of people through another game in 15 minutes using his save files, which is also allowed.
    All Hail Xitilon!!!
  • Posted on 02 November 21 at 19:56
    TernarySauce798 said:
    Considering playing through river city girls but it says a second controller is recommended. How difficult is it just playing with one?
    You can play through the entire game with just one controller as a single player. It might be a bit of a pain though when trying to do it as quick as possible. The problem is there are a few achievements that require two characters (two controllers) so you won't be able to 100% it without another one.
  • Posted on 03 November 21 at 01:15
    FruitofPassion said:
    TernarySauce798 said:
    Considering playing through river city girls but it says a second controller is recommended. How difficult is it just playing with one?
    You can play through the entire game with just one controller as a single player. It might be a bit of a pain though when trying to do it as quick as possible. The problem is there are a few achievements that require two characters (two controllers) so you won't be able to 100% it without another one.
    Well if I can’t 100% it then I will give it a miss. Thank you for your response!
    TernarySauce798
  • Rad WizrrdRad Wizrrd449,261
    Posted on 04 November 21 at 00:04
    River City Girls, NOOOOO!....I might just have to buy a copy. haha
    At this point I'm convinced Xbox wants their console names to be confusing.
  • LockieLockie747,510
    Posted on 04 November 21 at 01:40
    I'm enjoying Streets of Rogue so far. Kinda reminds me of The Escapists just alot more crazy.
    Gaming on the Xbox Series X!
  • XellizXelliz357,405
    Posted on 04 November 21 at 02:42
    River City Girls was a lot of fun.
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto2,160,051
    Posted on 05 November 21 at 02:52
    nightw0lf said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    nightw0lf said:
    Fortunately, I ran through River City Girls last month since I knew it'd be leaving soon!

    Heads up for anyone who has started (or wants to start) Maneater - that game joined in May for six months, so it's likely leaving at the end of November.
    Maneater is quick and relatively easy. Super fun and didn’t wear out its welcome before the game was over. There’s a few difficult traversals and jumps in order to snag every license plate, but once you figure out the weird physics trick it’s nothing too hard or frustrating. Definitely play it, but don’t be in a huge hurry 3-4 evenings will net you Maneater easy (FYI there’s DLC now).

    River City Girls is the one I ought to play and just not worry about completion, it looks very good.
    Yeah, I realize it's not a long game. I'm working on it now so I don't have to rush it later and I thought others might like to have a little extra notice.
    Thanks for the heads up. I started Maneater expecting it to last at least a year so I guess I better get workin on it if I don't want to wait till last minute :P
    See you in Valhalla
  • Moe GZMoe GZ165,144
    Posted on 05 November 21 at 22:11
    GremlinLord615 said:
    I guess I better finish Gardens. The story was interesting, but the later levels got tedious and annoying.
    I agree, the gameplay is great, but I didn't enjoyed the last levels as much as the firsts. The game is short but it ends up to be repetitive, and I couldn't finish without looking at the (great) playthrough. I would recommend the game though, that was a good experience. Thanks Sean for talking about it before it leaves the GamePass!
  • danbudanbu63,719
    Posted on 07 November 21 at 00:57
    Russell LeCroy said:
    River City Girls, NOOOOO!....I might just have to buy a copy. haha
    It's absolutely worth it.^^
  • packetloss Xpacketloss X234,688
    Posted on 09 November 21 at 01:21
    According to estimates, it will take between 15 and 20 hours to pop all 20 of Streets of Rogue's achievements.
    Streets of Rogue has 50 achievements not 20.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.