The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 40 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• CanezzaCanezza191,343
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm578,505
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 21:12
    IMHO, the best bang for the buck is Platformers Bundle. It includes 4 games, so you pay under 2 USD or equivalent per game. Two games are mentioned in this article - Alteric & Awesome Pea

Despite that, these are not super-quick games & completion time varies according to the player’s skill. Still, with practice, all players should be able to complete them in a reasonable time. Moreover, it is the fact that each of these games will entertain you for a few hours that contributes to my best bang for the buck rating.
  • vegansoundvegansound965,706
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 22:00
    What a shame Xbox became. Each week the sales are for easy GamerScore games mostly. No real title, just games made to earn easy money with easy achievements. Forty, FORTY easy games this week, more than usualy where it's about 25-30... Indie games became nonsense, I'm sick of it...
  • Posted on 02 November 21 at 22:09
    Roombo was great. Quirky fun game with dark humor, love it.
  • Posted on 02 November 21 at 22:35, Edited on 02 November 21 at 23:12 by JohnnyInterfnk
    Warning: Spiral Splatter is NOT 1-2 hours. It may be 1-2 if you play perfectly, but I promise you that you will not. Expect 4-5 hours.

Having slighted the game, I shall now praise it: Its worth picking up, as its a fun little game.
  • Groudon199Groudon199730,398
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 22:48
    vegansound said:
    What a shame Xbox became. Each week the sales are for easy GamerScore games mostly. No real title, just games made to earn easy money with easy achievements. Forty, FORTY easy games this week, more than usualy where it's about 25-30... Indie games became nonsense, I'm sick of it...
    It could be worse. You could have a bunch of sub 10-minute completions for under a buck/quid each.
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 22:51
    Groudon199 said:
    vegansound said:
    It could be worse. You could have a bunch of sub 10-minute completions for under a buck/quid each.
    One game, 2 trophies... facepalm
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,450,508
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 22:56
    vegansound said:
    Not quite true. There are like 300 games on sale at mo and 40 or so are easy ish... However most weeks on store its 90% piss easy and often waaay overpriced shite. But thats what happens when ms let everything have 1000gs plus. Lot of quantity not much quality
  • Posted on 02 November 21 at 23:09
    NO1KEV said:
    vegansound said:
    Not quite true. There are like 300 games on sale at mo and 40 or so are easy ish... However most weeks on store its 90% piss easy and often waaay overpriced shite. But thats what happens when ms let everything have 1000gs plus. Lot of quantity not much quality
    Its a tough battle. As someone who has been on the record many times raging against shovelware GS cash-grabs, I also recognize its good for the ecosystem to allow indie games to be played on the platform. And as indie games are often short, its going to lead to 1 and 2 hour completions at certain times. If we can't allow for this, then we can never have, say, visual novels on the Xbox, and to exclude a whole class of games due to their ease of completion hurts the community more than it help.

As well, the developer themselves are the ones best positioned to decide how to best use achievements to highlight and/or enhance their games.

Given the above, I can draw the line when it is clear and absolute GS selling. Target Zero here is Xitilon, which adds title updates containing no content but adding 1000GS to a game explicitly sell more copies. Xitilon should be removed from this platform.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong459,644
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 23:33
    JohnnyInterfnk said:
    NO1KEV said:
    vegansound said:
    Its a tough battle. As someone who has been on the record many times raging against shovelware GS cash-grabs, I also recognize its good for the ecosystem to allow indie games to be played on the platform. And as indie games are often short, its going to lead to 1 and 2 hour completions at certain times. If we can't allow for this, then we can never have, say, visual novels on the Xbox, and to exclude a whole class of games due to their ease of completion hurts the community more than it help.

As well, the developer themselves are the ones best positioned to decide how to best use achievements to highlight and/or enhance their games.

Given the above, I can draw the line when it is clear and absolute GS selling. Target Zero here is Xitilon, which adds title updates containing no content but adding 1000GS to a game explicitly sell more copies. Xitilon should be removed from this platform.
    There’s plenty of great indie games that are easy completions, Gardens Between is a great example (leaving Gamepass soon). Firewatch is another (slightly disappointing ending aside, it’s one of those games I wish I could play again for the first time).

And I mean, we could spend days compiling a list of AAA games that are just as trash as most of the games listed in the article.
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 23:41
    JohnnyInterfnk said:
    NO1KEV said:
    vegansound said:

Ratalaika Games publisher is part of it too. Many games can be done to 1,000Gs only by playing the first two levels of the games. Where's the respect for developers, their work doing level 3, 4, 5, etc, as players only play the first two??! This generation is bad...
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,508,696
    Posted on 03 November 21 at 01:58
    Zeekman LaRude said:
    Roombo was great. Quirky fun game with dark humor, love it.
    I definitely would love a full version of Roomba. That game was a freaking blast!
  • Posted on 03 November 21 at 03:32
    Castle of No Escape 2 should be removed from this list and all future lists for perceived easy achievements. It's an easy 3000/4000 but that's it. So if that's all you care about great but it has been massively patched since the achievements were super easy and now it is basically impossible to 100% as the ritual codes from every single walkthrough/guide are no longer accurate or relevant. It's misleading and gaslighting to include this game on easy completion lists and to flat out LIE and say it is a 1 hour completion when there is an achievement for playing the game for 10 hours is irresponsible, ignorant and unprofessional. Maybe Sean Carey should actually try and play this game and see just how impossible it is to complete. Castle of No Escpare 2 should be a TA ratio of at least 4 and the low ratio deceives potential gamers. REMOVE THIS GAME!
  • eayragteayragt272,743
    Posted on 03 November 21 at 05:25
    Scenic Route 16 said:
    Castle of No Escape 2 should be removed from this list and all future lists for perceived easy achievements. It's an easy 3000/4000 but that's it. So if that's all you care about great but it has been massively patched since the achievements were super easy and now it is basically impossible to 100% as the ritual codes from every single walkthrough/guide are no longer accurate or relevant. It's misleading and gaslighting to include this game on easy completion lists and to flat out LIE and say it is a 1 hour completion when there is an achievement for playing the game for 10 hours is irresponsible, ignorant and unprofessional. Maybe Sean Carey should actually try and play this game and see just how impossible it is to complete. Castle of No Escpare 2 should be a TA ratio of at least 4 and the low ratio deceives potential gamers. REMOVE THIS GAME!
    I do agree that something needs to be added to the code that generates these lists to remove the altered Xilton games (or the lower completion times removed from the game, which will have the same affect).

That doesn't stop me disagreeing about the language used in this post.
    Say everything with a smile
  • CanezzaCanezza191,343
    Posted on 03 November 21 at 07:14
    Scenic Route 16 said:
    Relax man, it was simply a mistake - I'm not lying or gaslighting you. What would be the point? I can't always play every single game I include on these lists - I simply don't have the time nor the money (not to mention I'd probably lose my mind laugh), so I do have to fall back on the crowdsourced data sometimes, which as we both know, isn't always accurate. In this case, I probably should have spotted CoNE2 and changed the estimate or put in a warning, but it's been updated now toast
    TA & TT Senior Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Posted on 03 November 21 at 07:42
    Canezza said:
    Scenic Route 16 said:
    Relax man, it was simply a mistake - I'm not lying or gaslighting you. What would be the point? I can't always play every single game I include on these lists - I simply don't have the time nor the money (not to mention I'd probably lose my mind laugh), so I do have to fall back on the crowdsourced data sometimes, which as we both know, isn't always accurate. In this case, I probably should have spotted CoNE2 and changed the estimate or put in a warning, but it's been updated now toast
    Hey Canezza - how do we raise it to ask for each of these articles to also please include the TA Rating in the table? Personally I’d prefer it to the ratio
  • CanezzaCanezza191,343
    Posted on 03 November 21 at 09:17
    metallicafan459 said:
    Canezza said:
    Scenic Route 16 said:
    Hey Canezza - how do we raise it to ask for each of these articles to also please include the TA Rating in the table? Personally I’d prefer it to the ratio
    I'll raise it with the devs for sure! Funnily enough, the ratio column was actually one of the most requested so that one will stay, but I'm sure we could probably lose the discount column. I'll double check with the devs!
    TA & TT Senior Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • SovanitzkySovanitzky125,890
    Posted on 03 November 21 at 12:34
    Coming from a Steam background, with its cesspit of scummy games with 100s and 1000s of achievements for easy 100% completions, it's both funny and sad to see that even on the Xbox/app these "trashy" games are invading the space and gamers losing their focus on why they're even playing now.
  • Posted on 03 November 21 at 13:31
    Canezza said:
    metallicafan459 said:
    Canezza said:
    Scenic Route 16 said:
    I'll raise it with the devs for sure! Funnily enough, the ratio column was actually one of the most requested so that one will stay, but I'm sure we could probably lose the discount column. I'll double check with the devs!
    Great thank you!!
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion843,487
    Posted on 03 November 21 at 13:34
    Sovanitzky said:
    Coming from a Steam background, with its cesspit of scummy games with 100s and 1000s of achievements for easy 100% completions, it's both funny and sad to see that even on the Xbox/app these "trashy" games are invading the space and gamers losing their focus on why they're even playing now.
    Excellent post. Every time I mention something similar, people will scream about how this is an achievement site and blablablablabla.

Games like most of these here are not why any of us got into video games. Sure do what you want with your money and your free time, but don't pretend that it isn't stupid or that the allure of the achievement hunting hobby hasn't been negatively affected by the amount of GS shovelware we see now.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.