Game Discussion: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition

Can’t complete gang turfs?

• BAE 10BAE 101,457,576
    Posted on 26 November 21 at 14:24, Edited on 26 November 21 at 14:31 by BAE 10
    Going into enemy turf either no gang members spawn at all or killing 10 isnt enough to trigger a war. How do you complete these?

Edit: Only one turf has started a warfare and the enemy gang keeps running out of the territory. I assume I lose if I run all the way out of it to chase them.
  • Posted on 26 November 21 at 16:39, Edited on 26 November 21 at 16:39 by Ooh Oh Paulio
    One way you can do it is if you get a sniper rifle and shoot 3 people outside the area, as long as youre stood inside the area it should trigger. Another good tip for this is to keep an eye on the cars that are coming through, if you spot someone from that gang in a car kill them, then more of the gang should show up.
  • BAE 10BAE 101,457,576
    Posted on 26 November 21 at 18:40, Edited on 26 November 21 at 18:47 by BAE 10
    Turns out it is just extremely glitchy. Power cycling the console seemed to help. A few tips for those struggling: As said above, sniping members while your in the turf works. Also if one of your turfs is attacked just fo save the game. It will reset it and still be under your control. You also cannot take a turf if one of yours is being attacked.
  • EI BikerboyEI Bikerboy445,944
    Posted on 26 November 21 at 23:47
    BAE 10 said:
    Also if one of your turfs is attacked just fo save the game. It will reset it and still be under your control. You also cannot take a turf if one of yours is being attacked.
    Even easier is to use a taxi and when your turf is under attack just start and stop the taxi mission, you can also use ambulance, police car or any other vehicle that can start a mission.
  • Alfa ArtyAlfa Arty1,529,626
    Posted on 30 November 21 at 22:16
    BAE 10 said:
    Going into enemy turf either no gang members spawn at all or killing 10 isnt enough to trigger a war. How do you complete these?

Edit: Only one turf has started a warfare and the enemy gang keeps running out of the territory. I assume I lose if I run all the way out of it to chase them.
    Foolproof method

-Complete Vertical Bird mission
    -Go to Toreno's Ranch in Tierra Robada and stock up on Minigun (10,000 is good)
    -Enter any territory you want to start war in
    -Shoot at Ballas cars (Tahoma and Majestic) or Vagos cars (Hermes, Oceanic, Tornado) you should know what they all look like if you played before
    -Boom instant war

Only downside to this is you'll get a lot of heat pretty quick, but who fucking cares you have a minigun and the heat instantly disappears once war starts
  • WabbbitWabbbit212,156
    Posted on 01 December 21 at 09:13
    Going into enemy turf either no gang members spawn at all or killing 10 isnt enough to trigger a war.
    Got to make sure they are exactly within the zone. The map can be hard to tell sometimes. I found that eventually if you stop enough cars gang cars will start to roll through, and shooting a couple of them through the window spawned in some gang members. Hardest one was the motel from the main missions as its mostly off-road.
    Enemies in waves often spawned in the other teritories. If you leave the flashing one for to long it will warn you before it fails.

Only downside to this is you'll get a lot of heat pretty quick,
    Not sure if its a glitch, but as soon as you start a gang war your heat disappears anyway and you can seemingly kill gang members in front of cops for no heat, but it has to be a kill, not blowing up the car etc.
    !!
  • DBSbotDBSbot599,935
    Posted on 01 December 21 at 10:11
    I did most of this with the tank, does take a little set up stealing from the base etc and hitting a save point to get the cops off you. But is an easy wipe of the gangs and practically cannot lose, I did get yonked out of the tank once and shot to death so had to get the tank again etc

Then drive around the zones hoping to find gang members, handy to have this vehicle as well so when your territory’s are being taken over you can trigger the vigilante mission to stop this from happening. As also mentioned if you do have cops on you starting a gang war instantly loses them.

A note that you can store the tank in a garage but is very tricky to get back in, managed it but I wouldn’t recommend doing it, unless there’s a bigger garage I did not locate

Do have to drive around a little waiting for them to spawn but they do eventually!
  • Alfa ArtyAlfa Arty1,529,626
    Posted on 01 December 21 at 13:43
    Wabbbit said:
    Only downside to this is you'll get a lot of heat pretty quick,
    Not sure if its a glitch, but as soon as you start a gang war your heat disappears anyway and you can seemingly kill gang members in front of cops for no heat, but it has to be a kill, not blowing up the car etc.
    Nah you're right heat instantly disappears once war starts, but I had situations where I had to blow up about 5-10 Ballas cars for war to start sometimes even multi-car chain explosion can give you up to 5 star wanted level
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads