Game Discussion: Vanquish Forum

Vanquish review round-up

AuthorMessage
burnthelamb
burnthelamb
Posted on 02 November 10 at 04:27
Destructoid awarded Vanquish a 5/10 review score. Its review said that although Vanquish speeds "up the typically methodical cover-based shooter" its combat ultimately falls flat.

Game Informer countered Famitsu's 9.25/10 review by awarding the game 7.75/10.

GameSpot and Eurogamer both gave Shinji Mikami's latest a thumbs up, awarding it 9/10. Meanwhile, NowGamer quantified its love of Vanquish more precisely by giving it a 9.3/10.

The Guadrian described Vanquish as "impressive to behold, satisfying to play (as long as you're reasonably hardcore) and shot through with humour", awarding it 4/5 stars.

Finally, Joystiq continued the praise by awarding the game 4.5/5, saying that Vanquish is a "supremely fun and polished action game that makes even Gears of War look like a leisurely stroll"
" Informed that the guys who made Lords of Shadow were responsible for Jericho. Now it all makes sen
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 02 November 10 at 11:57
Why am I not surprised Destructoid has the lowest score...
Lol Slime proves great points kindly in your face - Reborn
Badly Worn Toy
Posted on 02 November 10 at 14:53
I like it from what i've played. I have only done the first act but i thought it was great. Fast action packed shooter and looks pretty nice too, although it's mostly grey looking, the boss fights, backgrounds and action is really nice to look at. I think it brings some nice touches to the third person shooters and does it quite well.

I've given up listening to reviews. I feel they already put doubt in your mind about the game before you play it. I like to try out the demo and make my own opinions of games.
[15:10:51] zigs00: no, the BWT comes in two varieties: hate, and light-hate
burnthelamb
burnthelamb
Posted on 02 November 10 at 15:05
Badly Worn Toy said:
I've given up listening to reviews. I feel they already put doubt in your mind about the game before you play it. I like to try out the demo and make my own opinions of games.
Yeah I tend to agree with you but there are a couple reviewers I trust who generally have the same taste in games as me and usually score what I would score the game. The thing with demos is that Ive played some great demos that turned out to be not that good and I've played some crappy demos that turned out to be awesome games.
" Informed that the guys who made Lords of Shadow were responsible for Jericho. Now it all makes sen
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 03 November 10 at 06:18
Badly Worn Toy said:
The number of reviewers I listen to has dwindled over the years. Game Informer was the last reviewer I listened to, but their last issue had a big blown up picture of Halo : Reach and a small picture of Starcraft 2 inside it, even though S2 got a 10 and Halo got a 9.5

This apparently means they are both game of the month. In other words, GI was just sucking Halo's dick. I've given up on reviewers altogether.

I just found it funny Destructoid scored it so low compared to everyone else. Not surprised, but funny : P

...and they gave Reach a ten. Garbage.
Lol Slime proves great points kindly in your face - Reborn
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.