Game Discussion: Archvale

Achievements not working on PC version - UPDATE from Dev

• CruissixCruissix123,208
    Posted on 02 December 21 at 18:50, Edited on 02 December 21 at 18:53 by Cruissix
    UPDATE - Dev is aware:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1296360/discussions/0/3198115...

Yet another PC release via GamePass that does not allow for achievements because the Windows Sign-In option does not appear.

Just a heads up and this is not the first game from the Humble group having this issue.
  • Okay SaiyanOkay Saiyan298,767
    Posted on 02 December 21 at 23:41
    Okay this makes a lot of sense now. Not only is it achievements but the whole day one patch hasn't been applied yet. Microsoft always takes way too long to approve these things.
  • pischt0pischt0302,156
    Posted on 05 December 21 at 07:11
    Should be fixed according to an update to the og post on Steam.
  • pischt0pischt0302,156
    Posted on 05 December 21 at 08:49
    Just tested, doesn't work :(
  • atryeu1atryeu1369,382
    Posted on 06 December 21 at 05:34
    I'm not even seeing this game in the MS Store when I try to search. I wanted to see the system requirements and see if it would run on my PC (it's not a gaming PC lol). If the problems are not fixed it's not a big deal either way I guess LoL Is there something else I need to search for though in the MS Store to find this? Searching the title only brings up a single result for what looks like some weird animated show or something.
  • ArctikTVArctikTV80,768
    Posted on 15 December 21 at 16:42
    Is anyone else still not able to get achievements on the PC version?
  • atryeu1atryeu1369,382
    Posted on 15 December 21 at 18:38
    ArctikTV said:
    Where are people even finding this? It's still not listed on the MS Store for PC. I didn't see it in the Xbox App either when I did a search there.
  • zNOxLIPzzNOxLIPz29,477
    Posted on 15 December 21 at 19:42
    atryeu1 said:
    ArctikTV said:
    Where are people even finding this? It's still not listed on the MS Store for PC. I didn't see it in the Xbox App either when I did a search there.
    Game pass app.
  • DyssidentDyssident2,028,058
    Posted on 15 December 21 at 22:29, Edited on 15 December 21 at 22:37 by Dyssident
    I just installed today and the achievements still aren't working on PC. (Game version 1.1.3)

The game works fine and the Xbox Game Bar properly shows the achievements and 0/1000 Gamerscore, however there was no prompt for Microsoft sign-in so nothing pops and your save will not sync to the cloud.
  • atryeu1atryeu1369,382
    Posted on 15 December 21 at 23:47
    zNOxLIPz said:
    atryeu1 said:
    ArctikTV said:
    Game pass app.
    That would be the Xbox App and the game doesn't show when I do a search there either. Also, I don't have Game Pass. Is that the only way a person can find the game perhaps?
  • DyssidentDyssident2,028,058
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 01:05
    atryeu1 said:
    That would be the Xbox App and the game doesn't show when I do a search there either. Also, I don't have Game Pass. Is that the only way a person can find the game perhaps?
    It doesn't show up for me in the (US) Store. I have Game Pass and I can search in the Xbox app and find it.

Here is the main product page if that helps:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9p3mgm8zcs5d

System requirements shown under the "More" option.
  • atryeu1atryeu1369,382
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 02:07
    Dyssident said:
    atryeu1 said:
    It doesn't show up for me in the (US) Store. I have Game Pass and I can search in the Xbox app and find it.

Here is the main product page if that helps:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9p3mgm8zcs5d

System requirements shown under the "More" option.
    That link worked, thanks. I appreciate the info. Seems like they removed all the games from the MS Store app on Windows or something recently because I'm not finding much there anymore. Xbox App must know that I don't have Game Pass so it doesn't show or something? Who knows but I do have other problems in the app so could be tied to that still.

System Requirements don't look good though at first glance. Not sure my computer can manage that based on VRAM alone but the GPU sounds more advanced than my integrated one as well, bummer :( Thanks again for sharing that link. Guess I'll take it off my wishlist again for now :(
  • GamerZz vIGamerZz vI1,247,244
    Posted on 19 December 21 at 23:55
    Any update if this will change?
    Declan
  • Posted on 20 December 21 at 09:51
    GamerZz vI said:
    No word yet sadly, asked about a week ago and never got a response and have made another post asking about it again to the dev but who knows if I'll get a response or not. I've checked their discord as well and so far the dev hasn't responded about achievements either on there to anyone asking about them..
  • GamerZz vIGamerZz vI1,247,244
    Posted on 20 December 21 at 14:02
    Hi! I just wanted to give an update on your update… I found the developers via Twitter of Archvale as I assume Humble Games are just the publishers that give the game recognition. They said that it’s to do with support and that currently it isn’t supported or something Journey Over said:
    GamerZz vI said:
    No word yet sadly, asked about a week ago and never got a response and have made another post asking about it again to the dev but who knows if I'll get a response or not. I've checked their discord as well and so far the dev hasn't responded about achievements either on there to anyone asking about them..
    Declan
  • xBlack LovexBlack Love418,055 418,055 GamerScore
    Posted on 07 January 22 at 01:39
    Still no update.
  • SirPlinkoSirPlinko65,058
    Posted on 08 January 22 at 16:13
    Just checked as well, still no update.
  • grynngrynn85,130
    Posted on 09 January 22 at 11:16
    I just started playing it on GP for PC and yes, the achievements aren't working.
  • SolidSnakeENSolidSnakeEN271,075
    Posted on 25 January 22 at 00:36
    Still not working.
    @SolidSnakeEN
  • Posted on 08 February 22 at 19:26
    Just tried today and achievements still not working on Game version 1.1.3.2
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.