Game Discussion: Archvale

Difficulty?

• Posted on 06 December 21 at 03:41
    Game looks like the NES Legend of Zelda and has me interested. How are the achievements and is the game difficult? Any missables? Thanks!
  • XellizXelliz329,382
    Posted on 06 December 21 at 04:18
    I felt the same when I saw it. I piddled around about an hour or so and got 5 achievements. That's not indicative of the rest of the game, but I'm having fun and intend to play more.
  • Posted on 06 December 21 at 09:38
    The game is fairly straightforward on easy difficulty, and has no impact on unlocking achievements. There are higher difficulties if you prefer more of a challenge though.
  • Posted on 06 December 21 at 12:59
    Thanks for the input! I’ll definitely be giving this game a try once they patch it. I saw that there are two glitched achievements so I’ll just wait till the game is more polished.
  • AChibiHunterAChibiHunter460,599
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 15:34
    Normal difficulty definitely presents a challenge, but isn’t brutal.
    Obviously if you want to speed run the achievements then Easy is the way to go.

Not quite finished yet and I’ve been playing on normal but looks like we are talking 8-10 hours for everything once patched. (Likely less on easy)
  • Posted on 11 December 21 at 08:00
    I'm not sure if the trials change based on difficulty but I found them to be the hardest part on normal by far, the final boss had 3 phases that was also challenging
    Raised by Nintendo, made a man by Xbox
  • XellizXelliz329,382
    Posted on 12 December 21 at 15:31
    I think I choose easy because of the lack of difficulty achievements. Though the game isn't hard, certain aspects like the platforming in the Ice dungeon are just stupid. IMO. I guess there are people that enjoy this kind of BS, but I don't.
  • SnapDragonSnapDragon1,815,338
    Posted on 29 December 21 at 21:12, Edited on 29 December 21 at 21:13 by SnapDragon
    For the record, I played through on Hard, and it was very challenging. Even if you do a good job of picking and upgrading equipment, you'll frequently be struggling against challenges that you're just barely strong enough to complete. And unfortunately, some builds don't really seem to be viable on Hard (I couldn't imagine doing some of the bosses with melee weapons).

But if you're an experienced shmupper who enjoys learning tough boss patterns, give it a try!
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz791,666
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 20:07, Edited on 30 December 21 at 20:07 by wolfsburgraz
    Atomic HellCat said:
    I'm not sure if the trials change based on difficulty but I found them to be the hardest part on normal by far, the final boss had 3 phases that was also challenging
    I would love to know if the trials change with difficulty. I'm playing on normal, am only at the third or fourth one and struggling to beat the third phase because my reflexes are so poor.
  • zNOxLIPzzNOxLIPz29,477
    Posted on 04 January 22 at 02:38
    wolfsburgraz said:
    Atomic HellCat said:
    I would love to know if the trials change with difficulty. I'm playing on normal, am only at the third or fourth one and struggling to beat the third phase because my reflexes are so poor.
    They dont change with the difficulty. I'm in the same boat. Dev on reddit said they were going to make them easier.
  • Posted today at 01:53
    Currently playing on hard, and I’m regretting it. A bullet hell where you die in 2-3 hits isn’t very fun.

Can’t imagine going down to easy though so I guess normal it is..

And shame about the trials not being tied to difficulty. They are quite tough and I thought it was because I was playing on hard.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.