Community Events

Forum to discuss TrueAchievements Community Events

Twelve Days of Christmas 2021 Challenge 7

• Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:00
    See what you need to do to complete the seventh challenge in this year's Twelve Days of Christmas community challenge event!

Please click here to read the full story: Twelve Days of Christmas 2021 Challenge 7
  • EmagDrolBotEmagDrolBot354,781
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:02
    Huh, I have more of these than I expected. I guess seven letter words aren't that uncommon.

Thank god it wasn't achievements consisting ONLY of a seven letter word.
  • Gh05tFameGh05tFame130,437
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:08
    Doesn't look as difficult as i thought it would be on first read
  • lfcjohnlfcjohn1,436,657
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:10
    Quite interesting challenge!
    You'll never play alone.
  • Reina WattReina Watt574,387
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:16
    So basically any achievement as long as it's over seven letters long? Sorry, really tired so struggling to fully understand.
    Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
  • Ginn0rzGinn0rz322,134
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:18
    "You need to unlock seven achievements that contain at least one seven-letter word in the achievement name."

A 7 letter word needs to be in the achievement name.
  • xx9909xx990940,248
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:22
    A lot easier than I thought it would be!
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,001,044
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:23
    Works for me, some of the fast and easy Gamepass games I'm about to play are valid for this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:29
    Space Jam-A new Legacy is quite easy for this
    Why try and pass exams when you can just pass away?
  • AlphaSON1CAlphaSON1C1,610,960
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:31
    daringDK2006 said:
    Space Jam-A new Legacy is quite easy for this
    Thanks for the head up!
    Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
  • ItsRoflzItsRoflz402,121
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 10:47
    Not like its going to matter since many of us have no chance at challenge 6
    Trev
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn936,215
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 11:06
    I like it, fairly inventive idea. Have to wonder how much quickly it would have become harder if it was done later in the challenge. Plenty of options for this as it is.
  • BAMMphilBAMMphil1,226,668
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 11:34
    ItsRoflz said:
    How so? You can literally choose from 1000+ games, so how do you have no chance?
  • XealonXealon990,897
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 11:38
    ItsRoflz said:
    Everyone can complete it.

High completion is not much of an excuse for not being able to complete the challenge. I had the same completion % as you before this challenge and completed day 6 without any problem.

Yes, I have had to start 5 new games so far and I'm sure there will be more but none of them so far require MP(which was your misgiving yesterday) and will all still be able to be completed after the challenge.

If you are not willing to start new games, then I guess you are not up to the challenge. That is on you and not the organisers
  • shadow46x2shadow46x2588,912
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 11:45
    BAMMphil said:
    ItsRoflz said:
    How so? You can literally choose from 1000+ games, so how do you have no chance?
    Because it's easier to complain about the "12 Days of Christmas Challenge" being challenging, than it is to, oh, I don't know...play games and have fun with the event...
  • TheIrishBeastTheIrishBeast1,787,169
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 11:46, Edited on 07 December 21 at 12:27 by TheIrishBeast
    Issues once again here after the mortal sin of Lego DC Supervillains not counting for co-op yesterday now lots of Minecraft DLC/Title Update achievements didn't count today with 7 letters.

Well looks like I cant count letters / assumed that over 7 letters would count! redface
  • EthigyEthigy1,218,905
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 12:04
    Time to use some of my started games for this, start cleaning up my percentage a bit.
  • Kornfan2007Kornfan2007451,894
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 12:31, Edited on 07 December 21 at 12:35 by Kornfan2007
    TheIrishBeast said:
    Issues once again here after the mortal sin of Lego DC Supervillains not counting for co-op yesterday now lots of Minecraft DLC/Title Update achievements didn't count today with 7 letters.
    If the game wasn't marked as Cooperative when you unlocked achievements, it didn't count because it wasn't a valid game at the time. You have to check prior to using a game, rather than after.

I have looked through your achievement unlocks and the ones that contain a 7 letter word were counted? What achievements are you missing that contain a 7 letter word?
  • Kino PlaysKino Plays593,360
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 13:02
    When checking the valid list, is there a way to get it to only display the games? Or to group things by game instead of score/ratio?

I don't know how hard this would be to programme, but for a future site update it would be great if you could nest achievements within the games. That way you could scroll through the game list quickly and click them to expand and show the valid achievements. It would make it much faster to find things to do within the same game.
    'Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.' -Martin Luther King Jr
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,086,359
    Posted on 07 December 21 at 13:15
    Day 7, no racing games challenges. That is a good thing that could turn into a very bad thing.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.