Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Halo Infinite achievements not unlocking? Don't worry, they will "eventually"

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs478,576
  • CrackdownCrackdown323,216
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:13
    maybe if the had a working preload the overload wouldnt happen lmao
  • Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:14
    Good to know. A few story-based achievements didn't pop for me and there are definitely some others I should have got. Hopefully it doesn't affect cumulative ones like destroying 40 propaganda towers.
  • RYZAR THE GR8RYZAR THE GR81,537,208
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:15
    In that case, I think I will just restart. Pick up those skulls I missed
  • XwolfanXXwolfanX888,240
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:16
    Half baked ganes...,gaming futere gentleman
    ^ this guy, what can you spect from a GT like this
  • Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:20
    Its always quick resume. So many games struggle with getting it to work properly. Nowadays I always force close my games just in case which defeats the point of quick resume.
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,176,350
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:20
    Precisely why I'll wait a couple weeks before starting the campaign.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:23
    This is bringing back PTSD on how long it took them to fix the Ashes to Ashes achievement in Halo 4
  • WulfTekWulfTek1,191,037
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:25
    I missed a few non-missable achievements when I played last night, since then I started a new save to check if that'd fix it and unless I'm mistaken they all popped properly the second time around.
  • RedDevil9487RedDevil9487344,514
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:25
    I'm missing 5 story related achievements and one for picking up a Banished audio log at the moment.

I had a few other missing from last night but randomly popped while playing this afternoon.
  • Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:27
    the Xbox Network (Xbox Live) sometimes has a paddy and throws its toys out of the pram
    Ah, my reminder that this is most definitely a UK-based website.

Ribbing aside, 2021 has been a wild year for underbaked and we'll-fix-it-in-post releases. Annoying how it's becoming an industry quirk, not a fluke.
    The Ferg
  • Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:29
    Done!! Unlocking......
  • Ryuukishi634Ryuukishi634791,836
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:33
    We'll see, but whatever the issue was yesterday (which was not Halo specific, it affected all games) I'm not convinced that the data was actually recorded. I suspect people will have to redo achievements in some cases.

I had some achievements in a different game (Energy Cycle Edge) fail to unlock yesterday, and I just had to redo them in the game to get the pop.

The same thing happened in 2016. I remember because I had to backtrack to an earlier save in Fallout 4 and redo some quests to get achievements to pop again.
  • TheBongoFuryTheBongoFury1,136,983
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:36
    As we have seen in the past with huge AAA launches, the Xbox Network (Xbox Live) sometimes has a paddy and throws its toys out of the pram.
    Doing a Lil Jon here: WHAAAT?! 🤨
  • CognitiveCaveatCognitiveCaveat1,915,704
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:41
    TheBongoFury said:
    As we have seen in the past with huge AAA launches, the Xbox Network (Xbox Live) sometimes has a paddy and throws its toys out of the pram.
    OKAAAAAYYYYYYYYY
    Dave Bricker, Ph.D. CognitiveCaveat
  • QwanimalQwanimal1,041,929
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:43
    What about achievements that didn't unlock in other games because of this problem? I don't give a shit about Halo, but I had a cumulative achievement in Tetris Effect Connected fail to unlock and it's still stuck at 99% even though I've remet the requirements several times today.
  • thatNoseyParkerthatNoseyParker1,835,803
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 17:54
    Mike Langlois said:
    Its always quick resume. So many games struggle with getting it to work properly. Nowadays I always force close my games just in case which defeats the point of quick resume.
    Yep, I find it surprising they all users to turn off FPS boost and auto hdr for games but not Quick Resume, since that causes the most issues. Heck, even single player only games like Thronebreaker get issues though granted its normally related to server connectivity
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus407,727
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 18:04
    CognitiveCaveat said:
    TheBongoFury said:
    OKAAAAAYYYYYYYYY
    YEEAA-AAH!
  • EthigyEthigy1,373,397
    Posted on 09 December 21 at 18:17
    Gotta love delayed pops.
  • Posted on 09 December 21 at 18:22
    Had an achievement in deer simulator fail to pop, after I finished the rest I just deleted my save then met the requirement again for people in a similar situation
    They're hosting an event and revealing I think 6 or so games, personally hoping for darksiders 4 and destroy all humans 2
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads