Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Archvale update fixes two broken achievements, completion now possible

• XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,084,965
    Posted on 15 December 21 at 23:10
    Good for them. I hate Cryptic. Fix Neverwinter!
  • IODisruptIODisrupt101,314
    Posted on 15 December 21 at 23:16
    Doesn't look like achievements are unlocking on the PC version yet though :(
  • EthigyEthigy1,214,116
    Posted on 15 December 21 at 23:20
    Nice to see broken achievements being fixed.
  • Posted on 15 December 21 at 23:21, Edited on 15 December 21 at 23:31 by BadRubberPiggy
    IODisrupt said:
    Doesn't look like achievements are unlocking on the PC version yet though :(
    Oh really? I was under the impression that patch was pushed last week… will investigate a bit more and update accordingly, thanks for the heads-up!

Edit: article updated, with a link to a dev quote about PC achievements unlocking retroactively after a future update. Thanks!
  • poochz0rzpoochz0rz271,414
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 00:12
    This is really good news to hear. Yes it's a new game, so updates are more likely to happen, but there's always a chance games go unfixed forever. Nice to see a win happen.
  • ICE Faux PirateICE Faux Pirate1,337,884
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 00:17
    Great game! Really enjoying it and glad to see the fixes.
    Walk the plank Rebel scum!
  • ICE Faux PirateICE Faux Pirate1,337,884
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 00:18
    Why is the Fortune achievement still showing worth just 20 TA points when it should be much more?
    Walk the plank Rebel scum!
  • Posted on 16 December 21 at 00:25, Edited on 16 December 21 at 00:25 by BadRubberPiggy
    ICE Faux Pirate said:
    Why is the Fortune achievement still showing worth just 20 TA points when it should be much more?
    Ratios/TA Scores aren't updated in real time as the site would explode, so the fact that unlocks have only just started to happen should be reflected shortly with a decent increase.
  • VudixVudix3,120,628
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 00:39
    BadRubberPiggy said:
    ICE Faux Pirate said:
    Ratios/TA Scores aren't updated in real time as the site would explode, so the fact that unlocks have only just started to happen should be reflected shortly with a decent increase.
    I think it’s worth giving a nudge to Humble Games as well. They had a big hand in this fix. Specifically Chris, who helped facilitate the patch for Wildfire and Project Wingman.. as well as this title. They’re building an awesome track record of keeping HG games great on consoles.
    Vudix: Game Developer; Acquisitions Manager; Soldier. Let’s fix some games!
  • ZaaldeZaalde958,880
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 00:55
    Good news indeed, immediately got in game to unlock them. That said, one of the story related achievement didn’t pop for me :
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Doesn’t seem to be a common thing though, but pretty disappointed as it means I have to redo the whole game again :(
  • Wick N MortyWick N Morty554,594
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 01:27
    I really respect when they do this. F!#& you, Energy Cycle.
  • AnavrynAnavryn686,794
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 04:55
    Great news! Was looking for an old school game with a twist couple days ago on GP and this stood out....so did the unobtainables which immediately put me off the game. Will def give this a go now.
  • DUBBLEUPDUBBLEUP677,750
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 05:09, Edited on 16 December 21 at 05:40 by DUBBLEUP
    I beat the game and qualified for all achievements but in order for them to all pop I had to quit and restart game about 20 times. I’d get 0-2 achievements each restart. No need to start the game over.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,188,016
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 05:09
    I've never heard of this game before, but I love this art style and it looks like it's rated rather well. Added this to the wish list so hopefully I can pick it up on Boxing Day or something if it's on sale
  • Gh05tFameGh05tFame129,494
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 09:04
    Absolutely loved this game, but i can't beat the final boss because I'm trash
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 December 21 at 11:31
    Was my 500th completion. Enjoyed it ☺️
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Posted on 16 December 21 at 12:26
    Great news for a rock solid experience for 2d Zelda bullethell lovers. Normal was too hard so used 6 hours, before I switched to easy. Might try and beat it on normal since it's really fun.
    Beware of the grammar police!
  • DarkLord ZephyrDarkLord Zephyr1,607,189
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 20:53, Edited on 16 December 21 at 20:57 by DarkLord Zephyr
    Just want to point out I'm having issues getting the master crafter achievement to pop. I've made 30 of lots of similar items (10 shell swords, 10 iron sword, 10 gold swords), then tried force closing the game, relaunching, and making 30 unique, making sure to wait for the item text to disappear and walking back and forth to the crafting table. Still nothing. I'll try an xbox hard reset now.

Edit: Its showing as unlocked on TA but not the xbox yet. Carry on.
  • Watty8883Watty88832,619,379
    Posted on 16 December 21 at 22:26, Edited on 16 December 21 at 22:26 by Watty8883
    Still nicks your mega plums though if you have a full inventory .
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.