Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

22 of the best Xbox Game Pass games (July 2022)

• Posted on 25 December 21 at 16:00
    Choosing which Xbox Game Pass title to play next might seem like a daunting task, so we're here to help you narrow down the choice with our list of 22 of the best Xbox Game Pass games that you should be checking out today.

Please click here to read the full story: 22 of the best Xbox Game Pass games (July 2022)
  • KolerikerKoleriker788,491
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 16:15
    Good selection overall, some expected not-so-great-triple-A ones, but I like the mention of Children of Morta and Spiritfarer.
  • Terrene FireTerrene Fire345,277
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 16:27
    Nier is good, but there are some truly awful sections, having to get across the entire map while barely being able to move was just horrible
  • waggy182waggy182120,678
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 16:50, Edited on 25 December 21 at 16:51 by waggy182
    While I love slay the spire, if you enjoy that game you should check out Monster Train on game pass. Similar idea but I find the gameplay a lot more fun (and the art style is nice too)
  • Posted on 25 December 21 at 17:01
    I strongly recommend Narita Boy, super underrated game. A really fun completion too
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,486,226
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 17:08
    All great choices, but feel kinda iffy about Tetris and Doom. Seems like a stretch. Notable snubs are What Remains of Edith Finch and Telltale's Walking Dead.
    This space for rent.
  • lethelerrorlethelerror820,333
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 17:10
    So many great games missing
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong542,722
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 19:25
    Buck Fanana said:
    While I love slay the spire, if you enjoy that game you should check out Monster Train on game pass. Similar idea but I find the gameplay a lot more fun (and the art style is nice too)
    I had a long conversation with someone on the site about this, I agree with you that Monster Train is the superior game for most players. The exception is those who want an endless, unsolvable challenge where they’ll always be making huge trade off decisions, Slay the Spire has that insane depth and Monster Train eventually doesn’t have any left to give. Again, though, for a filthy casual like myself, Monster Train is amazing.
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 19:36
    As for the others:

I still think everyone is sleeping on Othercide, play Othercide!

Spiritfarer deserves every ounce of praise it’s gotten and then some. The final spirits have been added to the game (free of charge), now is the best time to play or replay it.

Hollowknight I haven’t played but I understand it’s like Dead Cells and Curse of the Dead Gods both, and they’re also amazing (and on Gamepass) so there’s plenty of options in this genre.

Hellblade: you’ll hear this is about mental health and probably assume that means depression or anxiety. Having played it I’m pretty sure it’s about PTSD and does as good of a job of showing what that’s like as it’s probably possible to do. It’s short enough you might as well play it even if you’ve avoided it until now.

Nier Automata; I’ve bounced off this twice due to the opaque combat system coupled with the overload of barely explained upgrade systems dumped on you, tutorial mode by 10 minutes of droning exposition. Luck be with you if you play this.
  • Posted on 25 December 21 at 19:58
    Tetris Effect is really incredible.
    I can only play it in short sessions though, my eyes get all teary and weird, and not from sentimental reasons.
  • NickbronlineNickbronline198,813
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 20:19
    Terrene Fire said:
    Nier is good, but there are some truly awful sections, having to get across the entire map while barely being able to move was just horrible
    You mean the 2 minute section near the end of the game? Lmao
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam2,335,912
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 20:47
    PlanetExpressC said:
    Tetris Effect is really incredible.
    I can only play it in short sessions though, my eyes get all teary and weird, and not from sentimental reasons.
    I don't think you needed to explain mate, we all know Tetris is; to this day, a better story than Twilight and a real tearjerker.
  • Posted on 25 December 21 at 21:03
    This is personal preference, but Monster Train is better than Slay the Spire. It's less frustrating, the RNG less punishing, and when I lose is because of my mistake and not being screwed constructing an initial deck so the RNG gives you the polar opposite on the next floor.
  • corpiratecorpirate796,014
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 21:56
    TymanTheLong said:
    As for the others:

Hollowknight I haven’t played but I understand it’s like Dead Cells and Curse of the Dead Gods both
    Hollowknight like Dead Cells? Nah. I can't speak for Curse of the Dead Gods..
    Hollowknight is metroidvania through and through with Souls-like mechanics a la the bonfire (Bench) and tough but fair difficulty/boss battles.
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 22:09
    corpirate said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    As for the others:

Hollowknight I haven’t played but I understand it’s like Dead Cells and Curse of the Dead Gods both
    Hollowknight is metroidvania through and through with Souls-like mechanics a la the bonfire (Bench) and tough but fair difficulty/boss battles.
    So rogue-like mechanics then? Sounds a lot like Dead Cells actually. The combat is different in Curse but it’s still a rogue-like.
  • beMoDbeMoD522,359
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 22:19, Edited on 25 December 21 at 22:20 by beMoD
    TymanTheLong said:
    corpirate said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    As for the others:

So rogue-like mechanics then? Sounds a lot like Dead Cells actually. The combat is different in Curse but it’s still a rogue-like.
    Hollowknight is NOT a rouge like. It's a metroidvania that is totally different to a rouge like.
    Curse of the Dead Gods is a rouge like, yes.
  • Nierly CrazyNierly Crazy1,003,467
    Posted on 25 December 21 at 22:52
    NieR: Automata?
    YESSSSSS!
  • DefEdgeDefEdge1,095,104
    Posted on 26 December 21 at 00:16
    I've been on the fence about Tetris Effect Connected. According to the reviews on the store, an August update made the game unstable. Is it still unstable? Like crashes after about an hour or less unstable.

I love Tetris, I just don't know if I love 80-100 hours of Tetris or if I would be worthy enough to finish it. I passed it for so long and I'm worried it's going away in the next month each time there's a new list of games being removed from Game pass and I really don't want to be caught with my pants down.
    Phear my Uber Gimpyness!
  • RedanianRedanian1,003,408
    Posted on 26 December 21 at 00:49
    Just curious, but how is Children of Morta a roguelite?
  • Posted on 26 December 21 at 01:09
    *sees Will of the Wisps and Eternal are not on the list*
    “This is the true face of heresy.”
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads