The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: December 28th, 2021

• WiznyattWiznyatt1,893,324
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 05:19
    xKrypt0 said:
    I admit I am still confused if the undead nightmare pack requires the base game or not - as I owned that on disc and it was a self-contained game - but as a digital product it implies it's just DLC for the other version and requires you to own both ?

Anyone got any ideas on that ?
    I know that if you buy a physical copy that it's a standalone game but I looked at the detail page for Red Dead and it says that for Undead Nightmare it "requires a game" so I guess you can't play it without the base game?
  • mudder85mudder851,027,955
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 06:14
    Things on wheels dlc ever go on sale?
  • FISKFISK2,216,995
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 06:41
    Kiwami 1-2 my Yakuza collection is complete
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz654,389
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 06:52
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    UnfurledEmu75 said:
    Why theres no more alerts with items on the whishlist? Im not seeing it for a few weeks now and i didnt find any option
    same!!! thought it was just me
    Me three. Haven't had a notification alert for sales for 3 weeks now ish. If it doesn't get sorted I recommend the XB Deals app.
  • ThexDaftxPunkThexDaftxPunk1,215,146
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 07:08
    I love how a few of my games from my Wishlist are on sale....but only 2 bucks off? lol
  • Posted on 28 December 21 at 07:28
    £16.73 in total to have the Tekken 7 characters that were there from the start in 6 + Tag Tournament 2, what a joke.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • MehanizamMehanizam562,921
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 07:38, Edited on 28 December 21 at 13:18 by Mehanizam
    Not a big sale contentwise but i found three games to purchase(disco,kamiko and ender lilies). You never know 😉
  • VOODOO85VOODOO851,048,804
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 08:38, Edited on 28 December 21 at 08:39 by VOODOO85
    Really want to go back and do the Ezio Collection AC games but hasn't hit that sweet spot yet. It's been on sale for £7.99 before so want it to go below £10 at least

Have plenty of other things to keep me busy whilst I wait on that one
  • ChPainkillerChPainkiller624,627
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 08:41
    good to see the yakuza games 75% off reminder that they are only 3 more days in gamepass.
  • UnfurledEmu75UnfurledEmu751,316,678
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 11:17
    FiveWizz said:
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    UnfurledEmu75 said:
    Why theres no more alerts with items on the whishlist? Im not seeing it for a few weeks now and i didnt find any option
    Me three. Haven't had a notification alert for sales for 3 weeks now ish. If it doesn't get sorted I recommend the XB Deals app.
    This seems to work
    Latest Xbox Sales
  • Soul Boy IISoul Boy II877,425
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 11:33
    xKrypt0 said:
    I admit I am still confused if the undead nightmare pack requires the base game or not - as I owned that on disc and it was a self-contained game - but as a digital product it implies it's just DLC for the other version and requires you to own both ?

It is not stand alone as on disc. Remember making that mistake many years ago. It requires the base game.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st702,580
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 11:33
    It's funny how Tekken 7 characters are valued and sold at such ridiculous prices and they still expect people to buy themlaugh; I could literally buy a Yakuza game at the price of two Tekken 7 characters on sale.
  • RoninSoulyRoninSouly597,733
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 12:29
    Wiznyatt said:
    xKrypt0 said:

I know that if you buy a physical copy that it's a standalone game but I looked at the detail page for Red Dead and it says that for Undead Nightmare it "requires a game" so I guess you can't play it without the base game?
    I had it through a friend's account a while back. It requires the game since It's only available to download as a DLC in the manage game section of the base game.
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me?
  • Posted on 28 December 21 at 12:38
    Been waiting for disco, noicee.
  • EazyE2285EazyE22851,018,027
    Posted on 28 December 21 at 14:25, Edited on 28 December 21 at 14:27 by EazyE2285
    FiveWizz said:
    ThexDaftxPunk said:
    UnfurledEmu75 said:
    December 14th was my last. Think they may have shut them off with all the random sales they've been tossing out to prevent a bunch of notifications that are misleading or confusing

TBH I forgot how annoying Christmas week/January is here with the reposts explaining obvious shit so I'll probably be avoiding the page as much as possible next month and if it's still down then I'd expect the feature is gone
  • brooza664brooza664376,918
    Posted on 29 December 21 at 13:24
    Might have to pick up the Rugby League Live games, save me getting the discs out
    I think I worded that terribly
  • hitman04hitman04264,396
    Posted on 29 December 21 at 14:52
    Oh good, Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 are all under £5. I wonder if its worth getting The Yakuza Remastered Collection for £20.99 now while its on sale. 3, 4 and 5 may leave Gamepass soon, like the previous 3 games.
  • rIKmANrIKmAN783,538
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 02:50, Edited on 30 December 21 at 02:52 by rIKmAN
    Redeemed £50 from MS Rewards and got Disjunction, Murder Mystery, Yakuza 0 and then Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 to take me over the £30 limit to get back 4000pts from the Countdown offer in the Rewards App.

Added Disco Elysium and Kiwami 1+2 from Deals with Gold and it cost me £10 out of pocket.

Pretty happy with that haul and really looking forward to Disco Elysium as well as the Murder Mystery game that I'd never heard of but actually looks/sounds pretty good!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads