Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Ten of the best arcade racing games on Xbox

• Posted on 30 December 21 at 12:00
    Arcade racers are about those big colours, those huge crashes, those weapons flying from your bonnet, the sweet drifts you pull off, and all the fun you have, all the time! These are ten of the best available on Xbox consoles.

Please click here to read the full story: Ten of the best arcade racing games on Xbox
  • Posted on 30 December 21 at 12:38
    i don't get it why nobody have done or at least tried something similar like blur.
    this game was so much fun.
  • Posted on 30 December 21 at 12:47
    Big fan of "On Rush"
    If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have Hot Dogs!!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 December 21 at 12:53
    Wish Crusin Blast was on Xbox, and "pipe dream" Driveclub on Xbox 😅
  • AngryNivekiAngryNiveki461,713
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 13:02
    Hotshot racing but not HotWheels Unleashed?? Gotta disagree with that!
  • Posted on 30 December 21 at 13:07
    Couldn't recommend Midnight Club LA highly enough, brilliant game and likely the last we'll ever see of the franchise since people somehow find GTA V's cheap ripoff cars with their basic as can be physics a worthy replacement.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • ajgajg332,792
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 13:11, Edited on 30 December 21 at 13:11 by ajg
    Project Gotham 3/4 despite achievements being unobtainable still plays fantastic now and still looks incredible.
  • Erik SeidelErik Seidel212,550
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,096,397
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 14:18
    Big fan of racing games here so I added a few of these to my wish list. I unfortunately disagree with Split Second as I feel aside from the unique explosions, it's a bare bones racer with some of the worst rubber banding I've seen in a game to the point of it almost being frustratingly unfair at times. Also the fact that you have a better shot at winning events while using the worst cars in the game than the cars you unlock towards the end due to the brutal AI and the ease of controlling those cars doesn't sit right with me, but hey to each their own I guess.
  • SeeD RedSeeD Red771,682
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 14:26
    PGR 4 / Rallisport Challenge 2 / Hydro Thunder Hurricane / Racing Evoluzione will remind among my all time favorites... So sad we dont get remasters of racing games because of stupid licencing...
  • babij17 IVbabij17 IV167,094
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 14:30
    No midnight club?
  • VOODOO85VOODOO85488,248
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 15:28
    The fact this article has the line "Forza Horizon 5 is an absolutely stunning and well-rounded game, offering a bigger world and a fair bit more in terms of variety and progression systems, but in its current state, FH5 is hard to recommend." and yet FH5 just reached the final of GOTY is quite perplexing

It's a great game but it's not one of the best 2 games of the year imo
  • pukem0nnpukem0nn268,239
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 15:46
    man, Split/Second was so good. Wish they would have done a second one.
  • Posted on 30 December 21 at 16:54
    babij17 IV said:
    No midnight club?
    I think they must have forgotten to add it's section in as it's there in the related items column.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • Posted on 30 December 21 at 17:04
    Trackmania is amazing but the achievement list is extremely difficult. Only like the very top % of players can even unlock the final levels let alone gold all maps
  • BigNFanBigNFan675,495
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 17:05
    Ridge Racer 6 is great.
  • Posted on 30 December 21 at 17:58
    TheGillesMuller said:
    babij17 IV said:
    No midnight club?
    I think they must have forgotten to add it's section in as it's there in the related items column.
    It's in the honorable mentions!
  • Posted on 30 December 21 at 18:02
    Silvano 92 Juve said:
    i don't get it why nobody have done or at least tried something similar like blur.
    this game was so much fun.
    I wish they would just remaster it but the company has been dead for ages and I have no idea who owns the licence of the game but they are wasting an opportunity.
  • kT EchokT Echo377,092
    Posted on 30 December 21 at 18:03
    Art of Rally was a huge step down from Absolute Drift. If you like that vibe, I'd highly recommend Drift over Rally. Rally gets extremely repetitive and the tracks just aren't that interesting and the freeroam bits are just as boring
  • Posted on 30 December 21 at 18:11
    I’m missing Sonic games on the list. Sonic Racing Transformed and Team Sonic Racing are my two favourite non-Mario kart racing games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.